It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Psyringe: Regarding the labeling - I can't check that for Asguaard, but Aldorlea's other games (Millennium, Laxius Force) are indeed wrapped with SecuRom, they do come with "paul.dll" when installed.
johnki: They do? I don't ever recall seeing a SecuROM window with Dreamscape. Just something closer to Ambrosia Software's in-house DRM, so I assumed it was in-house. Then, of course, they seem to be DRM-free when you get them from Groupees.

I don't remember the exact phrasing. I'd have to find where I asked and I really cannot remember where that was.
I don't own Dreamscape, so I can't check that one. SecuRom doesn't necessarily always look the same though. In the "Total War" games (for example) it's implemented as a window in the game's UI, using the look and feel of the game interface.

When in doubt, look at the filenames. If there's a "paul.dll" in a game's directory, then it's using SecuRom's online authentication.
Psyringe: I don't own Dreamscape, so I can't check that one. SecuRom doesn't necessarily always look the same though. In the "Total War" games (for example) it's implemented as a window in the game's UI, using the look and feel of the game interface.

When in doubt, look at the filenames. If there's a "paul.dll" in a game's directory, then it's using SecuRom's online authentication.
Got ya. Thanks for that. With that in mind, Dreamscape might, in fact, have SecuROM. I had thought SecuROM was always identifiable through the UI that comes up before playing the game. I figured if all of the industry giants using SecuROM don't try to disguise it that no one else would.

Personally, I don't have a problem with that. Was just passing along information. Really want to find where I got that answer now, though.
Post edited April 14, 2013 by johnki
dirtyharry50: but I have no idea if it is worth playing, etc.
PenutBrittle: Season Pass stuff and Argul's Tomb are all good, just extra campaigns you load from the main menu, new dungeons, good stuff. Death Rides is, as I've mentioned in this thread before, not worth the price. Four new quests that would look lazy in an MMO (fetch this, gather six of these, kill six of those, etc). As for the speed boost, I found the horse fast enough (except perhaps in one specific boss fight), and the game has an extremely forgiving fast travel system. You can even mark/recall your place in dungeons, Morrowind style. So I would say it probably isn't worthwhile.
Thanks very much.
dirtyharry50: but I have no idea if it is worth playing, etc.
PenutBrittle: Season Pass stuff and Argul's Tomb are all good, just extra campaigns you load from the main menu, new dungeons, good stuff. Death Rides is, as I've mentioned in this thread before, not worth the price. Four new quests that would look lazy in an MMO (fetch this, gather six of these, kill six of those, etc). As for the speed boost, I found the horse fast enough (except perhaps in one specific boss fight), and the game has an extremely forgiving fast travel system. You can even mark/recall your place in dungeons, Morrowind style. So I would say it probably isn't worthwhile.
Yup thanks from me, too! :)
Darksiders 2 is 75% off.
Battlefield 3 is 67% off.
And there is a new IndieFort bundle, Spring Bundle, which includes AI War: Fleet Command, Sanctum, Zigfrak, Underrail and Fortune Winds: Ancient Trader.
grynn: Darksiders 2 is 75% off.
And there is a new IndieFort bundle, Spring Bundle, which includes AI War: Fleet Command, Sanctum, Zigfrak, Underrail and Fortune Winds: Ancient Trader.
nvm
Post edited April 15, 2013 by nijuu
Just wanted to remind that the Groupees Alpha Fund is Tit's N Cheese.

I was about to pay the full friggin' ten bucks for Realm Explorer alone but was afraid of the risk in case the developer never got it out of Alpha. *coughRagnorokcough*
Post edited April 15, 2013 by carnival73
grynn: Darksiders 2 is 75% off.
Looks kinda interesting for Zigfrak and Underrail... already have AI War and Sanctum... may consider it...
carnival73: Just wanted to remind that the Groupees Alpha Fund is Tit's N Cheese.
Never heard that expression before. Is it good or bad?
carnival73: Just wanted to remind that the Groupees Alpha Fund is Tit's N Cheese.
deadfolk: Never heard that expression before. Is it good or bad?
As an American, I'd say good. I don't know about those New Zealanders, though
Perhaps I should just use "Tit's N Beer."
Could go either way. Is the former so old that it's producing the latter (rather than milk)?
Post edited April 15, 2013 by pen_sq
GG appears to have <span class="bold">Port Royale 3</span> for -75%, yet it only shows the DLC and Port Royale 2 for me. I imagine it's region restricted.
pen_sq: Could go either way. Is the former so old that it's producing the latter (rather than milk)?
Eeeeeewwww!!
Pheace: GG appears to have <span class="bold">Port Royale 3</span> for -75%, yet it only shows the DLC and Port Royale 2 for me. I imagine it's region restricted.
I believe it must be since I can see it
Attachments: