It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

stoicsentry: Be that as it may, they still host and provide several free games, and they have no obligation to do that.
johnki: No. They don't. If you hover over the download links, they redirect you to wherever they were originally hosted. For example, you download Nitronic Rush from nitronic-rush.com and one of the other games is downloaded from sendspace.com. All they do is highlight games they think deserve the attention.
Yes, and in my opinion that's a good thing to highlight some free games. Thanks to them I tried out for example MegaMan 8-bit Deathmatch which I surely would have missed otherwise. There are so many free games out there, I don't really want to skim over 2k of them in a list to try and find something I'm interested in. And they do host quite a few of their chosen free games as well. So from my own experience I have nothing against them, seems you had other experiences.
stoicsentry: Be that as it may, they still host and provide several free games, and they have no obligation to do that.
johnki: No. They don't. If you hover over the download links, they redirect you to wherever they were originally hosted. For example, you download Nitronic Rush from nitronic-rush.com and one of the other games is downloaded from sendspace.com. All they do is highlight games they think deserve the attention.
Most do, some don't.

If you go to the 1st bundle, for example, and click on "Ascension", there is a "download from our website" link. Most of the other games also have such a link.
Post edited April 11, 2013 by stoicsentry
stoicsentry: Most do, some don't.

If you go to the 1st bundle, for example, and click on "Ascension", there is a "download from our website" link. Most of the other games also have such a link.
Yep, I just checked that cause I was curious on how many they host and how many not: actually 19 of 25 games are hosted on their own server. I wouldn't call that "They don't host the games.".
uqblf: Yep, I just checked that cause I was curious on how many they host and how many not: actually 19 of 25 games are hosted on their own server. I wouldn't call that "They don't host the games.".
I stand corrected. Looks like it's just the majority of the first bundle and just about anything hosted on Sourceforge.

But that doesn't excuse harassing people for honest criticisms and the sketchy manner in which they do discounts.
johnki: I stand corrected. Looks like it's just the majority of the first bundle and just about anything hosted on Sourceforge.

But that doesn't excuse harassing people for honest criticisms and the sketchy manner in which they do discounts.
Not to mention that apparently they don't contact all of the developers of the games they include. So they're using the free work of others to promote their own game, without permission. All the goodwill I had for the promotion of little known games goes in the toilet for that.
mighty.ape.acct: The Pit is a completely different style of game, a "roguelike"

You might want to look at the Complete Collection in that sale for $9.98 which includes Sword of the Stars Complete & Sword of the Stars II Enhanced Edition
I'm actually interested in the Pit the most atm. I'll track down an LP and give it a watch. Is the first SotS generally considered to be the best of the series. I'm teetering on going with the just the first for a try or the complete because it's a good deal.
mighty.ape.acct: The Pit is a completely different style of game, a "roguelike"

You might want to look at the Complete Collection in that sale for $9.98 which includes Sword of the Stars Complete & Sword of the Stars II Enhanced Edition
the_bard: I'm actually interested in the Pit the most atm. I'll track down an LP and give it a watch. Is the first SotS generally considered to be the best of the series. I'm teetering on going with the just the first for a try or the complete because it's a good deal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qstolOa_jA

there ya go..
Thanks!
If you buy Kerbal Space Program by the end of this month, you will get all future DLC for free!
Pheace: They're selling CD-keys, pretty much proved my point right there? How do you think CD-key sellers offer low prices? They get the keys from regions with low pricing, not from Steam .
Are Amazon , GMG , GamersGate , GameStop and even Origin sellling cheap russian steam keys ? Take of your " I love Steam and the holly Gabe " T-shirt and check the website again . It's a legit store .
ne_zavarj: Are Amazon , GMG , GamersGate , GameStop and even Origin sellling cheap russian steam keys ? Take of your " I love Steam and the holly Gabe " T-shirt and check the website again . It's a legit store .
So since some stores are legit all of them are? That makes no sense. Tons of stories have been written about how these cheap key stores sell either keys purchased with stolen credit cards or from low-income countries. Both screw over developers.

Better to be cautious, not like we don't see great deals from legit sites.
Not sure if this is a sale or not but it's a helluva lot cheaper than Steam and are keys for Origin:

http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Ultimate-Digital-Collection-Download/dp/B008TTPUUO/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1365753018&sr=1-2&keywords=medal+of+honor
Lynx2Games, a rising alternative to gaming services like GameFly, is offering a 20% discount on any new users' first game. From what I've read, the company is attempting to take out the middleman when it comes to used games trades while also still offering new and preorder sales. A pretty cool concept, in my opinion, that will definitely gain some solid momentum once they gain a large enough customer base.

The code is: 20OFFPROMO.

*Edit: I found a couple links with more information from the official Lynx2Games sponsored post. That was where I originally found the code. I'm now looking into giving it a shot and splitting Bioshock Infinite with a friend using their "friendsheet".

Looks like I cant post links at the moment for some reason. Try googling Lynx2Games. Thats how I found out more information.
Post edited April 12, 2013 by TameGamer
GamersGate (5% off - elder-geek.com)

Ghostbusters the Videogame - £1.9
Ghostbusters the Videogame - $2,38 / 2,38€

Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe - £1.06
Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe - $1,43 / 1,43€
Post edited April 12, 2013 by kjx
TameGamer: From what I've read, the company is attempting to take out the middleman when it comes to used games trades
um.... would that not make them the middlemen?