It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

racerboi101: Amazon Quick Deals: Would only be open for a couple of hours or until key supplies last.

The Most Serious Bundle Ever - $10 (Steam)

- Serious Sam 2
- Serious Sam 3 Jewel of the Nile
- Serious Sam 3: BFE
- Serious Sam Double D
- Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Legend of the Beast DLC Pack
- Serious Sam: The Random Encounter

The Walking Dead - $12.49 (Steam)

Syndicate - $5 (Origin)

The Secret World - $15 (They've removed the monthly subscription for this game)
Great deal on the Serious Sam bundle! How's The Secret World? I'm considering getting it as well.
racerboi101: The Secret World - $15 (They've removed the monthly subscription for this game)
orcishgamer: Whaaaaaaaaat? That was fast...

Can anyone say if it's worth 15 bucks?
Alright, you listen right here.

I bought this game at launch, I am a lifetime subscriber and I don't regret it. While it IS EA and Funcom game, they made a good game. It has nice story, wonderful atmosphere and often you have to actually think while playing (there are side-missions called investigation mission which you most often wont complete without some kind of guide)

I am not saying this game is perfect, because its not. It doesn't have its flaws, and often its love/hate situation. For me it was love. I didn't play it for quite some time, because I tend to jump from game to game, but I will definitely return to Secret World soon because it is great game.

tl;dr Well worth 15 bucks.

Detlik: Alright, you listen right here.

I bought this game at launch, I am a lifetime subscriber and I don't regret it. While it IS EA and Funcom game, they made a good game. It has nice story, wonderful atmosphere and often you have to actually think while playing (there are side-missions called investigation mission which you most often wont complete without some kind of guide)

I am not saying this game is perfect, because its not. It doesn't have its flaws, and often its love/hate situation. For me it was love. I didn't play it for quite some time, because I tend to jump from game to game, but I will definitely return to Secret World soon because it is great game.

Do you know what the new model is? Is it F2P of some yet to be determined variety or more like Guild Wars where they will be content with the sale price and give us access to everything?

Is it a "must group" mmo, or can it be played solo? I much prefer grouping whenever I feel like it, and rarely, then being forced into it for every quest.
Post edited December 14, 2012 by hkabik
worlddan: It's also going FTP.
StonerMk2: Well, its now, B2P.
Yes, BTP is the better way of saying it. I never heard that expression used before....but I see the distinction being drawn with FTP.
StonerMk2: Well, its now, B2P.
worlddan: Yes, BTP is the better way of saying it. I never heard that expression used before....but I see the distinction being drawn with FTP.
So it is definitely like Guild Wars? They're not creating a F2P model? Just planning on charging for DLC/Expacs?
worlddan: Yes, BTP is the better way of saying it. I never heard that expression used before....but I see the distinction being drawn with FTP.
orcishgamer: So it is definitely like Guild Wars? They're not creating a F2P model? Just planning on charging for DLC/Expacs?
Yes...at least for right now. They have said that the new content update they are releasing (#5) will be $5 for people who purchase after the new year but included for people who buy before then. So that sounds like BUY to play to me.

Then again...since they already went from subs to BTP there is nothing stopping them from going all the way to FTP in the future.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-secret-world-embraces-the-modern-mmo-business-and-drops-subscription-fees/
Post edited December 14, 2012 by worlddan

hkabik: Is it a "must group" mmo, or can it be played solo? I much prefer grouping whenever I feel like it, and rarely, then being forced into it for every quest.
Its fairly sole-able, I did most of the game solo.
orcishgamer: So it is definitely like Guild Wars? They're not creating a F2P model? Just planning on charging for DLC/Expacs?
worlddan: Yes...at least for right now. They have said that the new content update they are releasing (#5) will be $5 for people who purchase after the new year but included for people who buy before then. So that sounds like BUY to play to me.

Then again...since they already went from subs to BTP there is nothing stopping them from going all the way to FTP in the future.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-secret-world-embraces-the-modern-mmo-business-and-drops-subscription-fees/
So it looks like if you keep your sub you get a leveling boost and a few perks but nothing earth shattering. Alright, I think I'll pick up a pair of copies, thanks!

orcishgamer: Do you know what the new model is? Is it F2P of some yet to be determined variety or more like Guild Wars where they will be content with the sale price and give us access to everything?
Not absolutely sure, but as it seems the game as it is, will be free to everyone and then there will be DLC packs, not sure how they will be priced.
worlddan: Yes...at least for right now. They have said that the new content update they are releasing (#5) will be $5 for people who purchase after the new year but included for people who buy before then. So that sounds like BUY to play to me.

orcishgamer: So it looks like if you keep your sub you get a leveling boost and a few perks but nothing earth shattering. Alright, I think I'll pick up a pair of copies, thanks!
So there would still be subscription? But optional like SWTOR?
orcishgamer: So it looks like if you keep your sub you get a leveling boost and a few perks but nothing earth shattering. Alright, I think I'll pick up a pair of copies, thanks!
ajsultan: So there would still be subscription? But optional like SWTOR?
Well, I think they failed to turn off the sub option, but so far the only perks they have to offer are a leveling boost and some sort of gift items every so often. It really seems more like pre-order bonus quality of stuff. SWTOR has a pretty gimped F2P option. This is pretty much wide open.
Ah... it looks so promising but I'm going to have to pass on secret world. my game backlog is huge and I want alot of stuff from the gog winter sale. So unless I win this on steam gifts it's a no go.

I did jump on that Serious Sam bundle though, thanks alot for posting!
hkabik: Ah... it looks so promising but I'm going to have to pass on secret world. my game backlog is huge and I want alot of stuff from the gog winter sale. So unless I win this on steam gifts it's a no go.

I did jump on that Serious Sam bundle though, thanks alot for posting!
It does not appear to be a Steam code, I got some key that I'm supposed to input on the EA site. Haven't done it yet, but if it's tied to anything, it'll be Origin, not Steam. Right now it doesn't look tied to either.
That Serious Sam bundle on Amazon is soooo tempting, but im going to resist and save my money for the Steam xmas sale.

If you're patient, Secret World will be F2P on Origin next year, im pretty sure.
Post edited December 14, 2012 by Heretic777