It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dont know if was already said

but

The Secret World – £9.29/€11.39/$14.99

Sleeping Dog Registers on Steam

Little Big Bunch 2, five games for £6
Post edited December 15, 2012 by Xibalba
orcishgamer: I just wanted to point out that this bastard is a 15GB game client (so 15GB download) and is a bit of a pain in the ass to register due to their shitty website UI.

They also seem to be slapping crap like run speed boosts in their store, so this game seems to be getting the full F2P treatment, more of DDO style it seems so far, which means it's not all bad. I'll let everyone know how it seems after I play for an hour or two.
At least you're getting to play. Anyone else reading this, beware of paying with PayPal for 'The Secret World' on the devs website. Apparently I have to wait 24 hours for the funds to clear on PayPal, even though it says the transaction is verified/completed on my Secret World account -_- At least Live Chat was helpful on their site
orcishgamer: I just wanted to point out that this bastard is a 15GB game client (so 15GB download) and is a bit of a pain in the ass to register due to their shitty website UI.

They also seem to be slapping crap like run speed boosts in their store, so this game seems to be getting the full F2P treatment, more of DDO style it seems so far, which means it's not all bad. I'll let everyone know how it seems after I play for an hour or two.
shane-o: At least you're getting to play. Anyone else reading this, beware of paying with PayPal for 'The Secret World' on the devs website. Apparently I have to wait 24 hours for the funds to clear on PayPal, even though it says the transaction is verified/completed on my Secret World account -_- At least Live Chat was helpful on their site
I had to wait 20 minutes for someone to come in my live chat session, he said they were slammed due to the sales and the new subscription-less thing.
orcishgamer: I had to wait 20 minutes for someone to come in my live chat session, he said they were slammed due to the sales and the new subscription-less thing.
Bloody hell. Well at least I can go to bed now. I expect your review of the game by the time I get up :P Have fun
orcishgamer: I had to wait 20 minutes for someone to come in my live chat session, he said they were slammed due to the sales and the new subscription-less thing.
shane-o: Bloody hell. Well at least I can go to bed now. I expect your review of the game by the time I get up :P Have fun
Their FAQ about the new model (The Secret World for those not following along): http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=62789
Starting Sunday the 16th on Amazon...

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $7.50 (Steam codes for each game)
•Homefront
•Metro 2033
•Red Faction Armageddon
•Red Faction Guerrilla
•S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
•Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

You'll also receive a $5 promo credit upon purchase that can be used in January towards the 2012's Editor's Choice Games (Note: Multiple codes will not stack).

http://www.amazon.com/THQ-Tantalizing-Medley-Download/dp/B00A3F5S0O/?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20
Post edited December 16, 2012 by teshra
teshra: Starting Sunday the 16th on Amazon...

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $7.50 (Steam codes for each game)
•Homefront
•Metro 2033
•Red Faction Armageddon
•Red Faction Guerrilla
•S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
•Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

You'll also receive a $5 promo credit upon purchase that can be used in January towards the 2012's Editor's Choice Games (Note: Multiple codes will not stack).

[url=]http://www.amazon.com/THQ-Tantalizing-Medley-Download/dp/B00A3F5S0O/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/url]
I can't recall if it was exactly 7.50 but they ran this same promo about two weeks ago...
Post edited December 15, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: I can't recall if it was exactly 7.50 but they ran this same promo about two weeks ago...
Yah, it was mid November and $10. I know cuz I bought it then and still haven't played any of the games due to my backlog. Had no idea it would even be cheaper a few weeks later but oh well, was still a good deal for $10.
shane-o: Bloody hell. Well at least I can go to bed now. I expect your review of the game by the time I get up :P Have fun
My review: weird game, has a lot of glitches (seriously annoying UI ones, such as illegible text in quest boxes), classes, if that's what you want to call them, feel funny. I do not have a sense of what I am doing nor if it is un-doable if I end up not liking it.

The missions are story heavy, with lots of voice acting, and usually involve multiple steps. They tend to be a little better than "fetch me nine goblin butt-cheeks", if only because it's more like, "light 6 zombies on fire with this can of gasoline and then kill them", which is okay, I was probably going to kill them anyway, and the fire part sounds fun. I don't need to hunt down an inordinate amount, taking more time than I wanted to spend. They have managed to make some repetition in quest steps, 2 quests have ended with, "Kill the big, fat zombie, he's suddenly terribly pissed at you." He wasn't there before, but yeah, he's a big, fat zombie, guess I'll stab him with my sword.

The skill allocation system is complex, maybe this is good. You have AP and SP, I think the latter is Skill Points, you spend these to equip better gear, if you want to equip a better sword, you need enough skill points for it. If you spent them in pistols, well, I guess give the sword away. It may or may not unlock actual skills, can't freaking tell. Anyway, the idea is, equip the skills on your passive and active action bars that you want to use for your current role. I suppose this lets some folks switch between roles like healer or tank, dunno how well that works really. AP is for buying the skills. Yeah, like I said, it's fucking confusing. The "wheel" looks really simple but I'm still puzzled by it. I guess at least it's not a "tree".

Finally you get to pick between 3 factions:
The crazy, religious douchebags that want to control the world
The nihilistic douchebags that want to control the world
The power hungry douchebags that want to control the world

I went with the crazy, religious douchebags because they have better uniforms, which I guess I don't get to wear. Instead I get to wear blue jeans and a hoodie... because my obviously late 20s character must be reliving his 16 year old days. Without fail all the female avatars are wearing bikini tops, some with a leather jacket, some without.

They tacked in achievements too, guess all the cool kids do it now that Warhammer Online did and WOW quickly copied.

Yeah, dunno what to say about this game, it's only 15 bucks, so it's not some ridiculous investment if you don't like it (or maybe it is). I might just fire up Kingdom of Amalur instead.

EDIT: It seems the graphical glitches are a result of running Crossfire GPUs, possibly any kind of dual CPU set up, but for sure AMDs in Crossfire. You can fall back to DirectX 9 as a workaround, possibly, haven't tried it yet. It's something to be aware of if you have such a machine.
Post edited December 16, 2012 by orcishgamer
Reminder for anybody with that gamesplanet £5 promo code from a survey a while back - the code is valid until the end of the year.
There's some -66% discounts on Borderlands GOTY, The Darkness II and [url=http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Spec-Ops:-The-Line-3282-13.html]Spec Ops The Line[/url], with the code for £1.80. The discounts end today.
Post edited December 15, 2012 by MoP
MoP: Reminder for anybody with that gamesplanet £5 promo code from a survey a while back - the code is valid until the end of the year.
There's some -66% discounts on Borderlands GOTY, The Darkness II and [url=http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Spec-Ops:-The-Line-3282-13.html]Spec Ops The Line[/url], with the code for £1.80. The discounts end today.
What is that in USD?
Rohan15: What is that in USD?
Around 3 bucks.
orcishgamer: My review: weird game,
Seriously, I'm still downloading it....30 hours (sigh) still eight more hours to go.

/well, there are compensations for living in the middle of nowhere. This is one of the drawbacks.
Rohan15: What is that in USD?
MoP: Around 3 bucks.
nice...kind of want to know if anyone will gift me The Darkness 2 in exchange for a GOG.
MoP: Reminder for anybody with that gamesplanet £5 promo code from a survey a while back - the code is valid until the end of the year.
Damn, seem i missed that survey, Sex Ops at 3 bucks is a must-buy :(
Post edited December 16, 2012 by metalkidz