It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

World in Conflict Complete = $3.38 at GamersGate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-WICC/world-in-conflict-complete-edition
dirtyharry50: On another note, anyone play Inversion and have an opinion of it to share? It's 10 bucks for the next couple hours on Steam. Terrible reviews in general but looks like it might be a fun Gears of War clone if you can deal with ridiculous story in it. Might make for a fun guilty pleasure I was thinking.
If you're in the mood for a Gears of War clone, just get Transformers: War for Cybertron for half of Inversion's price ($5).
Hawk52: Cancelling the IGN discount's kind of a silly move from a business perspective. It cost them money on each purchase, but I know from my experience due to the extra discount I'd buy far more there then I would elsewhere due to the extra discount. The extra revenue on the extra purchases overcomes the loss per purchase.

So now they've taken away their one major advantage.
Yep, the only advantage left to buy from GamersGate is for blue coins, but I doubt that'll be enough of a reason.

I don't like how they handled this situation. They should've given at least a week for an advanced notice. My discount was revoked today and I was planning to use it soon..
Post edited November 23, 2012 by spoderman
GoJays2025: World in Conflict Complete = $3.38 at GamersGate

Attachments:
lies.jpg (30 Kb)
Interesting, Gods and Kings isn't available on www.getloadedgo.com anymore, looks like Binary Domain took its place. Glad I grabbed it when I did.
GoJays2025: World in Conflict Complete = $3.38 at GamersGate

FWIW says has Tages DRM if it bothers people ;)
dirtyharry50: On another note, anyone play Inversion and have an opinion of it to share? It's 10 bucks for the next couple hours on Steam. Terrible reviews in general but looks like it might be a fun Gears of War clone if you can deal with ridiculous story in it. Might make for a fun guilty pleasure I was thinking.
Catshade: If you're in the mood for a Gears of War clone, just get Transformers: War for Cybertron for half of Inversion's price ($5).
I hear Inversion deserves those terrible reviews...
Pheace: They both used it, the links are in the GG thread you were posting in.
Psyringe: Checked - yes, you are correct. In any case, a misunderstanding has happened. I strongly doubt that GG _or_ IGN ever thought of the term "permanent discount due to your IGN Prime membership" as "life-long even if the IGN Prime membership has expired", but several people - me included - had arrived at the conclusion that it would, or at least might.
Year was a nice dream, TOO good to be true. Ft least I def. I got more than the $7 discount's worth out of it for my 1 month subscription since I had I pay. I was at least that fair :)
Post edited November 24, 2012 by dyscode
Pheace: They both used it, the links are in the GG thread you were posting in.
Psyringe: Checked - yes, you are correct. In any case, a misunderstanding has happened. I strongly doubt that GG _or_ IGN ever thought of the term "permanent discount due to your IGN Prime membership" as "life-long even if the IGN Prime membership has expired", but several people - me included - had arrived at the conclusion that it would, or at least might.
I made my feelings known to GG via Angie. But suffice to say when you use the terms "always" and "permanent" without any clarification that it actually meant "on all games for a limited amount of time", it's highly misleading. So it should come to no surprise to them that a lot of us are annoyed over this.

I just think they should now be offering that or a similar discount directly to their loyal customers - those of us who have purchased enough from/driven enough sales to them to reach the highest level several times over.

Now though, they can no longer compete with GMG's price cutting, Steam's sales, or the download speeds from both Steam and Origin. Meaning that any incentive to purchase from them is no longer there.

And given that GG obviously knew this promotion was going to end at some point, they should have already planned ahead to provide a similar discount to keep people around. Even if that meant cutting out the sub to IGN and subbing to GG in a similar vein as Amazon's Prime service (or one of the other ideas I since sent them following my annoyance yesterday).
I know Origin can't race with the other stores , but

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_IE/html/pbPage.blackfriday2012_en_IE/
bansama: I made my feelings known to GG via Angie. But suffice to say when you use the terms "always" and "permanent" without any clarification that it actually meant "on all games for a limited amount of time", it's highly misleading. So it should come to no surprise to them that a lot of us are annoyed over this.

I just think they should now be offering that or a similar discount directly to their loyal customers - those of us who have purchased enough from/driven enough sales to them to reach the highest level several times over.

Now though, they can no longer compete with GMG's price cutting, Steam's sales, or the download speeds from both Steam and Origin. Meaning that any incentive to purchase from them is no longer there.

And given that GG obviously knew this promotion was going to end at some point, they should have already planned ahead to provide a similar discount to keep people around. Even if that meant cutting out the sub to IGN and subbing to GG in a similar vein as Amazon's Prime service (or one of the other ideas I since sent them following my annoyance yesterday).
My issue with them ending the discount isn't that they lied or anything like that. I'm bothered by it because it's dumb. I'm no mathematic wizard and I'm only still taking business classes but having a preferred selection of users who get extra discounts is beneficial. It means people who had the discount are far, far more likely to buy at GamersGate then any other place. It also breeds loyalty to the brand and increases positive public feedback.

A large portion of my purchases this year have been at GG due to that discount. That means more revenue for them. I've bought brand new games (or newish) due to the extra 15% off. Games I would have waited on or not bought at all until the prices were driven down.

It's a pretty simple situation. More purchases at a small discount within the user base equals more revenue overall. Without that discount I'm going to shop around even more, and I'm going to be more selective. It drastically reduces my purchasing at their store and will for others resulting in a loss of revenue.
Post edited November 24, 2012 by Hawk52
Hawk52: Snip
Yes, that's true. It's also something I mentioned to them, with several methods for maintaining it. I also told them that there were a fair few games I would not have purchased without that discount. The question is, will they see a significant drop in sales and thus revenue as a result of this? If not, then I doubt they'll bother with alternatives.

It's a shame this had to happen. But at least now I don't feel so bad about letting my IGN sub go a little while back. Still, I never did get that email telling me it was ending. That also kind of pissed me off. I suppose they only sent it to currently active IGN subs, but they should have sent it to all.
Considering I am big into digital PC game purchasing (on GG pretty often) and always read gaming news and yet had no idea this IGN discount existed I kind of question the idea of it being essential to GG's business.
Hawk52: Snip
bansama: Yes, that's true. It's also something I mentioned to them, with several methods for maintaining it. I also told them that there were a fair few games I would not have purchased without that discount. The question is, will they see a significant drop in sales and thus revenue as a result of this? If not, then I doubt they'll bother with alternatives.

It's a shame this had to happen. But at least now I don't feel so bad about letting my IGN sub go a little while back. Still, I never did get that email telling me it was ending. That also kind of pissed me off. I suppose they only sent it to currently active IGN subs, but they should have sent it to all.
I doubt it's going to hurt GG that much. The negative backlash from customers is going to hurt a lot more. You want customers to feel valued, not feel cheated by broken promises.
This has already been discussed, but I think the GOG pick 5 for $10 is a pretty sweet deal. Stands up well to other things out there. Picked up Resonance, Darwinia, To the Moon, Unmechanical, and Anomaly.... Now just gotta play them. Hope the downloader is working for me.