It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Airline Tycoon Deluxe? Why on earth it's not on GOG.com already...?!
the_bard: How is Getgames? Anyone know. I want Dirt3.
Foxhack: You download games from their site using a standalone program that's like half a meg. You can pause and resume later, the only problem is that it sticks the files in your C:\ drive so just be sure you have the space to hold the download.

At least that's how it was some time ago.
You can at least change the download directory now.

Oh and if it gets a bit slow you have to manually refresh the server list. It works, but I'm sure they could make this happen automatically.
Post edited April 07, 2012 by Navagon
DRM free Lucid for free from the developer.

You can pay some money if you want.
gyokzoli: DRM free Lucid for free from the developer.

great game, thx
Of the Paradox Interactive strategy games on sale now at Amazon, what would be the best one for a newbie to the grand strategy genre? Victoria II looks interesting, but at the same time overwhelming due to the amount of options available to play. Europa Universalis: Rome also looks cool, but I'm not sure about it. Recommendations?

That page...

...Glorious!
dutchexcalibur: Of the Paradox Interactive strategy games on sale now at Amazon, what would be the best one for a newbie to the grand strategy genre? Victoria II looks interesting, but at the same time overwhelming due to the amount of options available to play. Europa Universalis: Rome also looks cool, but I'm not sure about it. Recommendations?
Vicky 2 has a fully priced expansion and, well, after they release an expansion Paradox stop patching the basic game. So you might want to wait until some pack of V2 with A House Divided goes on sale. Shouldn't be long. Maybe they'll have more add-ons (not DLC!) lined up.

As for Paradox in general, their series are quite different. There's a lot of fighting opportunities in all of them, but... Crusader Kings deals mainly with dynasties and inheritance. Victoria focuses on internal politics and colonialism. Hearts of Iron is war and research. Rome.. is kinda peculiar, since its both a bit of internal politics and a touch of character development. Europa Universalis is the most generic one, with no clear focus on anything and no predetermined alliances. EU3 Chronicles is the complete version of EU3, but the current Amazon deal isn't the best (GamersGate holds regular Paradox sales). The best way do decide if you want EU3 is to read AARs by PrawnStar over at Paradoxplaza, that guy makes incredible conquests a reality, explaining mechanics as he goes. His Golden Horde or Iroquois AARs are just awesome, especially the latter.

That is some sweet bro and hella jeff deal isn't it.

That website is hilarious.
dutchexcalibur: Of the Paradox Interactive strategy games on sale now at Amazon, what would be the best one for a newbie to the grand strategy genre? Victoria II looks interesting, but at the same time overwhelming due to the amount of options available to play. Europa Universalis: Rome also looks cool, but I'm not sure about it. Recommendations?
The easiest of them all to learn is Crusader Kings II. Not only is the play style easy to learn and the pace relatively slow but it has a good set of tutorials.

Hardest would probably be Europa Universalis. I don't even think the tutorials work in the latest version and arent' even up to date with the latest mechanics. The game has a near vertical wall learning curve.

The key to all Paradox games (atleast from the last few years) is they have a pretty steep learning curve, but once you figure them out, it's pretty intuitive in how they work.
kjx: I have few not-tradable games there and I must use Crapsule to download them.
ABH20: Wow, GMG is worse than I thought. I guess I'll stick to getting games you activate on Steam from there. Don't think I'll bother linking to any more of their deals unless it's a Steam game either.
I only tend to use them for Steam games as they have good deals now and then:)
the_bard: How is Getgames? Anyone know. I want Dirt3.
Only usually buy Steam games from them. The games that came with the Little Big Bunch a while back not sure what drm the non steam ones came with...
keeveek: Airline Tycoon Deluxe? Why on earth it's not on GOG.com already...?!
Maybe cause your the only one who wants it? ;).
Post edited April 07, 2012 by nijuu

Thanks for heads-up! This is excellent news. Also I can not help thinking Subsoap made a good example for others. :)
Crusader Kings II is definitely the most newbie friendly game in Paradox grand strategy series. It's also one of the most fun entries. I would highly recommend you go with that one.
nijuu: Maybe cause your the only one who wants it? ;).
Yep, I'm used to the fact sometimes I'm the only one who knows what a great game GOG.com is missing :P
Napoleon: Total War™ Imperial Edition is $5 at GG today.