It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KneeTheCap: Rodzaju, I love you, and I wanna have your baby!
Rodzaju: Come to think of it, My wife is on holiday at the moment.....

Actually, She's in Finland at the mo!
So YOU can have HIS baby instead! :-P
Al1: Can the steam version be patched with the unofficial stuff?
Good question. Actually I was thinking about paying much more than this sale to get retail* version and be able to apply community patches. I heard this game is buggy and barely playable without unofficial updates. Can anyone confim if Steam allows these patches?
Post edited July 28, 2011 by ffrreeaakk
Al1: Can the steam version be patched with the unofficial stuff?
ffrreeaakk: Good question. Actually I was thinking about paying much more than this sale to get DVD version and be able to apply community patches. I heard this game is buggy and barely playable without unofficial updates. Can anyone confim if Steam allows these patches?
Guys... even if Steam has problems with the unofficial patch, just apply a cracked exe and the the unofficial patch.

Think I'll finally get the game the proper way.
Post edited July 28, 2011 by KavazovAngel
Bloodlines is absolutely worth it.
Rodzaju: Come to think of it, My wife is on holiday at the moment.....

Actually, She's in Finland at the mo!
Vitek: So YOU can have HIS baby instead! :-P
offtopic, but in case anyone missed the baby -joke, here it is :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqtx2V_M-rg&feature=player_detailpage#t=495s

/offtopic
Post edited July 28, 2011 by KneeTheCap
Al1: Hmm. Mulling over that Bloodlines offer. On the one hand I have the original disks, but on the other they are a pain in the ass to install, then patch. The whole process is mind numbingly labourious. Can the steam version be patched with the unofficial stuff? If it can, it would sure as hell streamline the install process.
Lemme put it this way.

You spend $5 on the Steam version and then you flip your original disks on eBay for $30 or more. :)

And yes, the community patches will work. There's several threads about 'em on the Steam forums.
Post edited July 28, 2011 by Foxhack
Good to know I wasn't the only one hoping to see this on sale!
Al1: Hmm. Mulling over that Bloodlines offer. On the one hand I have the original disks, but on the other they are a pain in the ass to install, then patch. The whole process is mind numbingly labourious. Can the steam version be patched with the unofficial stuff? If it can, it would sure as hell streamline the install process.
Foxhack: Lemme put it this way.

You spend $5 on the Steam version and then you flip your original disks on eBay for $30 or more. :)

And yes, the community patches will work. There's several threads about 'em on the Steam forums.
Ahh, I'm too much of a hoarder to let them go. Thanks for the info, though. Should have thought of checking the steam forums first.
KneeTheCap: offtopic, but in case anyone missed the baby -joke, here it is :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqtx2V_M-rg&feature=player_detailpage#t=495s

/offtopic
I haven't seen that in years!
Damn that's a great price for VtM:B but... I've heard such good things about it I feel it's probably a game I'd want to own rather than rent. I'll wait for a sale on DotEmu or wait for it to come out here (I see it as more of a when than an if).
KavazovAngel: Guys... even if Steam has problems with the unofficial patch, just apply a cracked exe and the the unofficial patch.

Think I'll finally get the game the proper way.
Err, it would not be wise to crack the exe and leave steam pointing at it. I've heard stories (3rd hand) of folks getting their steam accounts banned after pointing their install at warez games that steam also happened to sell (cracked steam copy, maybe?).

Now, if you moved the items from the steamapps/common (or whatever folder), and then tweaked them, I'd reckon you'd be fine.
PincushionMan: Err, it would not be wise to crack the exe and leave steam pointing at it. I've heard stories (3rd hand) of folks getting their steam accounts banned after pointing their install at warez games that steam also happened to sell (cracked steam copy, maybe?).

Now, if you moved the items from the steamapps/common (or whatever folder), and then tweaked them, I'd reckon you'd be fine.
Or you could just make a shortcut of the exe on your desktop or something, and not use Steam to launch the game... :)

EDIT: But yea, moving it out of Steam's folder, and then deleting the game through Steam would be the best.
Post edited July 28, 2011 by KavazovAngel
Mafia 2, Director's Cut, 13 pounds, includes all available content:

http://www.sendit.com/games/platforms/pc/mafia-2-directors-cut/10446857.html

EDIT: Does this require Steam?
Post edited July 29, 2011 by KavazovAngel
Just to clarify that yes, the Steam version can be patched with unofficial patches - I know because I have done it.
KavazovAngel: Mafia 2, Director's Cut, 13 pounds, includes all available content:

http://www.sendit.com/games/platforms/pc/mafia-2-directors-cut/10446857.html

EDIT: Does this require Steam?
Yes.