It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bigs: Pretty sure Arkam City has limited activations via SecuROM - as well as GFWL

Took this from a Steam forum post.... take with a grain of salt.. as I've read conflicting reports...

Greetings,

Batman Arkham City uses G4WL and SecuROM by default. If you purchase through Steam you will also have to use Steam's DRM system.

The G4WL DRM system is just for using your DLCs and saving your game. SecuROM is used during the install process and you can install 5 times on the same computer and on 5 different computers.

If you ever do reach this limit simply contact us back with some proof of purchase and a picture of your CD Key and we can then offer assistance.

Best Regards,
Roger W.
Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment
Technical Support - Tier 2
The Problem is, Steam does NOT Replace your key, EVER!
So you if they give you a new key, you need a new account to activate it, since you cannot have the same game twice in your Steam account.

Batman AC and Max Payne 3 or Of Orcs and Men are perfect examples of games you should NOT get on Steam.

dyscode: EA 50% Deals on GMG
e.g. Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 for £20 (after voucher)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/ea-deals/
ne_zavarj: http://www.simplygames.com/info/19846/Crysis-3-CD-Key-Download-PC £17.99
http://www.simplygames.com/info/19831/Dead-Space-3-CD-KEY-Download-PC £14.99
Hey NOW the prices are getting interesting!
Post edited March 31, 2013 by dyscode
Bigs: Pretty sure Arkam City has limited activations via SecuROM - as well as GFWL

Took this from a Steam forum post.... take with a grain of salt.. as I've read conflicting reports...

Greetings,

Batman Arkham City uses G4WL and SecuROM by default. If you purchase through Steam you will also have to use Steam's DRM system.

The G4WL DRM system is just for using your DLCs and saving your game. SecuROM is used during the install process and you can install 5 times on the same computer and on 5 different computers.

If you ever do reach this limit simply contact us back with some proof of purchase and a picture of your CD Key and we can then offer assistance.

Best Regards,
Roger W.
Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment
Technical Support - Tier 2
Or just buy the game(legally), then DL a copy off of torrents and screw the GWFL/Steam logins & SecuROM.
Last 14 Hours to get the The Cat Lady for €5 from Desura.
http://www.desura.com/games/the-cat-lady

quite disturbing game...
dyscode: Last 14 Hours to get the The Cat Lady for €5 from Desura.

quite disturbing game...
If it's anything like many actual cat ladies(No, not the kind ladies with 1-2 cats, but the cat HORDERS.) then I can see why. 0.o
dyscode: The Problem is, Steam does NOT Replace your key, EVER!
So you if they give you a new key, you need a new account to activate it, since you cannot have the same game twice in your Steam account.
You don't need a new Steam account, just ignore the key Steam gives you and input the new one, not a big deal.
dyscode: Last 14 Hours to get the The Cat Lady for €5 from Desura.

quite disturbing game...
GameRager: If it's anything like many actual cat ladies(No, not the kind ladies with 1-2 cats, but the cat HORDERS.) then I can see why. 0.o
LOL! Yeah THESE are scary! :D
grviper: More if you're lucky to find the Eats'er egg, by scouting pages upon pages of games based on obsolete engines and designed to look like crap lest actual people, as opposed to "fans", dare to buy them.
AFnord: This is not the first time this has been a topic on this, and here is my take on it:
The problem with Matrix games, and heck, the super complex turnbased strategy game market in general is that they are operating under the idea that "We are going to sell to the hardcore dedicated fans of our genre and ONLY the hardcore dedicated fans". They not only alienate people who like the games, but look at other games and realize that they are much cheaper (for roughly the same amount of entertainment) but they also fail to bring in new blood.
And this is not only apparent in their pricing, but also in how the games are made. Often featuring lackluster documentation and a general lack of user-friendliness, which make them needlessly hard to get into. Clean up the interface, give proper tutorial and manuals not only written for the already enlightened would be a good start.
This. ^^

"We are offering our loyal wargamers a great 10% discount off everything in our store. "
"Each [easter egg] code can only be used 5 times so make sure you find it first!"
That is some lame event if i ever saw one. Search for codes that are probably invalid already.

Also they use Plimus as download service, and have limited downloads for the games you bought. Then you have to beg for more through support.

Overall i think they are still stuck in the 90s. Hell, a lot of fourty something grognards speak about the last century as the golden age of wargaming, so Matrix and their ilk are giving them that experience with both their games and their service. :D
You aren't re-adding the game to steam with a new steam key, they'll give you some more activation keys for the in game process of activating it. So there shouldn't be any more problems with steam than say GG.
oogy: You aren't re-adding the game to steam with a new steam key, they'll give you some more activation keys for the in game process of activating it. So there shouldn't be any more problems with steam than say GG.
But you still have at least 2 layers of DRM, still, which kind of defeats the advantages of Steam.
dyscode: But you still have at least 2 layers of DRM, still, which kind of defeats the advantages of Steam.
The only advantage to Steam you can think of is that it only has one layer of DRM? O_o

People will have to deal with the AC DRM anyway, whether they have it on Steam or not. A lot of those still prefer to have it in their list with the rest of the games for easy overview, install/uninstall, automatic overlay etc etc.

It can't be that hard to imagine. You see the same thing over here now. People prefer their games on GOG, asking for GOG keys, asking for games to be released on GOG (even if they are or are already going to be DRM-free)
AFnord: This is not the first time this has been a topic on this, and here is my take on it:
The problem with Matrix games, and heck, the super complex turnbased strategy game market in general is that they are operating under the idea that "We are going to sell to the hardcore dedicated fans of our genre and ONLY the hardcore dedicated fans". They not only alienate people who like the games, but look at other games and realize that they are much cheaper (for roughly the same amount of entertainment) but they also fail to bring in new blood.
And this is not only apparent in their pricing, but also in how the games are made. Often featuring lackluster documentation and a general lack of user-friendliness, which make them needlessly hard to get into. Clean up the interface, give proper tutorial and manuals not only written for the already enlightened would be a good start.
p_mamusz: This. ^^

"We are offering our loyal wargamers a great 10% discount off everything in our store. "
"Each [easter egg] code can only be used 5 times so make sure you find it first!"
That is some lame event if i ever saw one. Search for codes that are probably invalid already.

Also they use Plimus as download service, and have limited downloads for the games you bought. Then you have to beg for more through support.

Overall i think they are still stuck in the 90s. Hell, a lot of fourty something grognards speak about the last century as the golden age of wargaming, so Matrix and their ilk are giving them that experience with both their games and their service. :D
I dont think we need to go into all this again. If they are happy with way they are so be it. Must be making enough to make themselves happy :).
dyscode: But you still have at least 2 layers of DRM, still, which kind of defeats the advantages of Steam.
Pheace: The only advantage to Steam you can think of is that it only has one layer of DRM? O_o

People will have to deal with the AC DRM anyway, whether they have it on Steam or not. A lot of those still prefer to have it in their list with the rest of the games for easy overview, install/uninstall, automatic overlay etc etc.

It can't be that hard to imagine. You see the same thing over here now. People prefer their games on GOG, asking for GOG keys, asking for games to be released on GOG (even if they are or are already going to be DRM-free)
I did not talk about what people prefer, I talked about the technical issues.

And yes, that`s the only adavantage of Steam, as a DRM and service I can think of. No activation, machine or install limits. I don't care where I get my games from legally, as long as they are cheap and have no or hassle free DRM.
That is MY preference.
dyscode: That is MY preference.
That's fair enough, we all have different preferences ^^

At least it's good to know that you were wrong on your initial point though right? That would've been a pain for people. But yeah, since the activation is separate from Steam it doesn't matter that Steam uses the same key, you can use the other key in the activation box instead.
Post edited March 31, 2013 by Pheace
dyscode: That is MY preference.
Pheace: That's fair enough, we all have different preferences ^^

At least it's good to know that you were wrong on your initial point though right? That would've been a pain for people. But yeah, since the activation is separate from Steam it doesn't matter that Steam uses the same key, you can use the other key in the activation box instead.
Indeed. That takes the DRM Pain away a bit. :)

BTW:
9 pages of great deals in the Indie Gala Store:

http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/active-deals.html?p=1

and $3.43 for the Dwarf Bundle, Special Easter price until midnight.
http://www.indiegala.com
Pheace: That's fair enough, we all have different preferences ^^

dyscode: Indeed. That takes the DRM Pain away a bit. :)

BTW:
9 pages of great deals in the Indie Gala Store:

http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/active-deals.html?p=1

and $3.43 for the Dwarf Bundle, Special Easter price until midnight.
http://www.indiegala.com
Who hasnt got it by now? ;).....