It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gamefly daily deal : http://www.gamefly.co.uk/download-games/browse/?ids=5004242,5004161,5005185,5003869,5004231
Does anyone have any experience with Gamefly? I was interested in Torchlight, but at checkout I couldn't just straight up pay with Paypal, instead they asked for a permanent permission to charge my Paypal account. I mean, that makes sense if you pay rent for your apartment or something like that, but for a single game purchase it's incredibly odd, no?
isis12: Does anyone have any experience with Gamefly? I was interested in Torchlight, but at checkout I couldn't just straight up pay with Paypal, instead they asked for a permanent permission to charge my Paypal account. I mean, that makes sense if you pay rent for your apartment or something like that, but for a single game purchase it's incredibly odd, no?
Paypal is one of the newer forms of payment on Gamefly, and the reason it wants you to set it up that way is because Gamefly wants to have a payment method on file. You can always go into your paypal account immediately after purchasing a game and take away Gamefly's permission to charge you...

As far as permission with Gamefly itself, I bought a game on sale there a few weeks back via paypal, and GF hasn't charged me anything beyond the game I purchased. They're pretty reputable here in the States to the best of my knowledge.
Square Enix store has a nice sale going on.
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/

Interesting deals:
Hitman Absolution 8.74 euro
1.12 euro each: Urban Chaos, Startopia, Project Snowblind, LoK games, Republic

I can't really find what kind of DRM they have though...
isis12: Does anyone have any experience with Gamefly? I was interested in Torchlight, but at checkout I couldn't just straight up pay with Paypal, instead they asked for a permanent permission to charge my Paypal account. I mean, that makes sense if you pay rent for your apartment or something like that, but for a single game purchase it's incredibly odd, no?
CymTyr: Paypal is one of the newer forms of payment on Gamefly, and the reason it wants you to set it up that way is because Gamefly wants to have a payment method on file. You can always go into your paypal account immediately after purchasing a game and take away Gamefly's permission to charge you...

As far as permission with Gamefly itself, I bought a game on sale there a few weeks back via paypal, and GF hasn't charged me anything beyond the game I purchased. They're pretty reputable here in the States to the best of my knowledge.
Mmh, I'll have a look at my Paypal options. If it's possible to revoke access right after the payment goes through it would be workable I guess. Still a very weird way to do business tbh. Thanks for the info though.
cich: Square Enix store has a nice sale going on.

Interesting deals:

Can people in North America buy from the EU store?

Interesting deals:
Yeah, nice. Fuck :/
We are unable to process your request at this time. The customer support has already been informed about this situation and will get in touch with you if necessary. (Error ID: 5002)
+
The Store is intended for use by consumers resident in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Australia and New Zealand ("Serviced Countries"). The Products displayed on the Store are not available for purchase by individuals outside of the Serviced Countries. No order for the delivery of a Product will be accepted from anyone not resident in a Serviced Country.

Bye bye Startopia.

ne_zavarj: I think they are selling the GOG version .
GOG $6, Squeenix $1,4...
Post edited March 20, 2013 by kjx
kjx: Bye bye Startopia.
I think they are selling the GOG version .
kjx: [i]The Store is intended for use by consumers resident in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Australia and New Zealand ("Serviced Countries").
Lol, so the country west of me, the country east of me, the country north of me, the countries south of me, but not this country :p
Pheace: Lol, so the country west of me, the country east of me, the country north of me, the countries south of me, but not this country :p
Your country doesn't exist on the map of SE . :p

kjx: GOG $6, Squeenix $1,4...
Wait for a sale .
Post edited March 20, 2013 by ne_zavarj
kjx: The Store is intended for use by consumers resident in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Australia and New Zealand ("Serviced Countries"). The Products displayed on the Store are not available for purchase by individuals outside of the Serviced Countries. No order for the delivery of a Product will be accepted from anyone not resident in a Serviced Country.
Bah, well, that's just dreadfully shortsighted of Square Enix, but typical...
I wonder if they will open a new storefront for us - "The OTHER Parts of Europe."

Interesting deals:

The sale looks nice (and I reside in one of the "allowed" countries), but I would also like to know if they provide the games as limited/unlimited downloads, keys, etc. I took a quick look at the terms of use and it sounds like they will be available as download from their store and there will be some kind of activation, but that's about all I got from a quick glance...

edit:
cich: I wonder if they will open a new storefront for us - "The OTHER Parts of Europe."
It will be called "The other parts of Europe, but not >really< Europe, if you know what we mean."
Post edited March 20, 2013 by etna87
etna87: The sale looks nice (and I reside in one of the "allowed" countries), but I would also like to know if they provide the games as limited/unlimited downloads,
Digital River. 30 days to download if game is not Steam redeemable.
etna87: The sale looks nice (and I reside in one of the "allowed" countries), but I would also like to know if they provide the games as limited/unlimited downloads, keys, etc. I took a quick look at the terms of use and it sounds like they will be available as download from their store and there will be some kind of activation, but that's about all I got from a quick glance...
Last time there was a sale on that page, people around here where complaining about FFVII having the worst DRM ever...
kjx: Digital River. 30 days to download if game is not Steam redeemable.
Excuse me sir. What year is it? :D