It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

StingingVelvet: Amazon deals are pretty shitty at the moment. Can't be mad at them though, I got SO much cheap stuff there the past week or so.
They don't want to make a big sale when Steam has it. They did amazing sales before valve, I think empted many people's wallets.

Not to mention, daily deals on steam are rather lame this year.
StingingVelvet: Amazon deals are pretty shitty at the moment. Can't be mad at them though, I got SO much cheap stuff there the past week or so.
StonerMk2: Amazon has gotten VERY good with their digital sales here lately. Got a lot more games over there then i ever thought i would. Still though they need to invest in better servers cause downloading from them is absolutely terrible.
Really? I find their downloads to be pretty fast. They already have some of the best server infrastructure in the world, thanks to their cloud stuff, it's so good that they lease it in the form of services to other companies. Nothing beats direct downloads from XBox Live though. Those are some screaming fast servers.
keeveek: They don't want to make a big sale when Steam has it. They did amazing sales before valve, I think empted many people's wallets.

Not to mention, daily deals on steam are rather lame this year.
That's exactly what they did during the Steam Christmas sale and they soundly trounced them. There was a period back in Jan. that even Amazon.com had bad deals though, they'll get better again, "they're just resting!"
Post edited July 15, 2012 by orcishgamer
Making History and Simulator Titles are on sale at GG....
GG says save upto 75% off on Simulator titles, but only Hollywood Pictures II is 75% off... ;)
mshashankr: Making History and Simulator Titles are on sale at GG....
GG says save upto 75% off on Simulator titles, but only Hollywood Pictures II is 75% off... ;)
I think Gamers Gate sales have been a little crappy lately , and Simulator Week seriously ?
" Lets put a whole load of games on sale that no one ever buys ( even on Sale ) week " would be more appropriate ! :p
mshashankr: Making History and Simulator Titles are on sale at GG....
summitus: I think Gamers Gate sales have been a little crappy lately , and Simulator Week seriously ?
" Lets put a whole load of games on sale that no one ever buys ( even on Sale ) week " would be more appropriate ! :p
These silly simulators that simulates mundane jobs seem to sell far better than they should. There is a huge market surrounding them, in particular in Germany.
summitus: I think Gamers Gate sales have been a little crappy lately , and Simulator Week seriously ?
AFnord: These silly simulators that simulates mundane jobs seem to sell far better than they should. There is a huge market surrounding them, in particular in Germany.
German people love work so much, they even want to work in their free time. Nothing is more satisfying then coming from a hard work day and play a round of garbage collection simulator.
AFnord: These silly simulators that simulates mundane jobs seem to sell far better than they should. There is a huge market surrounding them, in particular in Germany.
Yes but Germans are a little strange ... dont you think ? ... :p
I bet somewhere in Germany there's an Ordnung Simulator.
grviper: I bet somewhere in Germany there's an Ordnung Simulator.
Pray tell .. what is an Ordnung ?
grviper: I bet somewhere in Germany there's an Ordnung Simulator.
summitus: Pray tell .. what is an Ordnung ?
Order.
summitus: Pray tell .. what is an Ordnung ?
grviper: Order.
or orderliness ;)
dye408: German people love work so much, they even want to work in their free time. Nothing is more satisfying then coming from a hard work day and play a round of garbage collection simulator.
So the idea of German efficiency is not actually a myth, and you get a bad conscious when you are not efficient?

(Judging by my experience with the large German retail store chains that has opened up here, there is at least a kernel of truth to that)

summitus: Yes but Germans are a little strange ... dont you think ? ... :p
Yep, but that at least explains who buys those games. Germans & people who wish they were from Germany.

Actually, the German game market perplexes me in some ways. Games that seem to have no commercial viability what so ever outside of Germany seem to sell well there. Work simulators & adventure games. (Granted, I do appreciate the fact that they help keeping the adventure game genre alive)
Post edited July 16, 2012 by AFnord
dye408: German people love work so much, they even want to work in their free time. Nothing is more satisfying then coming from a hard work day and play a round of garbage collection simulator.
LOL.....LOL.....LOL
Well i certainly don't enjoy those simulator games i was trying to make fun of this german/simulator/work stuff, but it seems that you really believe that.

i don't think that germans in particular are more efficient or less lazy than people from other countrys.

But then again i have a similiar believe that japanese people are less lazy and more efficient. I guess there is some truth to that in some cultures work is playing a bigger role then in others, but what i did write and what i read here is an exaggeration i think.

btw.
http://www.articles.totallyexpat.com/global-comparison-employee-statutory-and-public-holiday-entitlements/

but of course germans never take their holiday days!!!!111
grviper: Order.
Moha: or orderliness ;)
aka Tetris.