It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cavalary: I don't think beta patches count. And wasn't it that they weren't included in offline installers as a rule?
Fair point,
though I prefer a possibly buggy beta versus a definitely buggy release.
The last beta patch has been out for over a year.
At what point do the developers stop calling it a beta,
and why was the current non-beta version released in such a broken state?
The distinction of what is and is not a beta seems arbitrary at this point.
Either way,
it feels like being treated as a second class citizen to me.
hexadecimal_stew: (...)
Either way,
it feels like being treated as a second class citizen to me.
Yeah, especially that gog (at least galaxy) does have a dropdown for "beta channels". I get that it might be super awkward for devs to use and maintain complete parity on their end - which is an accusation that appears ever so often when GOG version falls behind the versions offered on other platforms, that it's super unfriendly for the user - but let's call things out for what they are.
A better, fuller version of the product is being offered elsewhere.
hexadecimal_stew: The distinction of what is and is not a beta seems arbitrary at this point.
From the point of view of the store, the distinction is very clear: If a developer calls it beta, it's beta, if they don't, it's not.
Andrzejef: Yeah, especially that gog (at least galaxy) does have a dropdown for "beta channels".
I gather that's just for Galaxy (wouldn't actually know or care), so if they'd add those patches just for Galaxy users, it'd still be 2nd class citizen treatment, only that time it'll be by GOG itself.
Post edited March 19, 2024 by Cavalary
Cavalary: From the point of view of the store, the distinction is very clear: If a developer calls it beta, it's beta, if they don't, it's not.
But from the perspective of a customer,
it's good to know of an inferior experience due to developer inactivity.
Given that this list exists to inform people of such situations,
it makes sense to document all missing patches,
regardless of whether they've been labeled as a beta.
Trine 3 (https://www.gog.com/pl/game/trine_3_the_artifacts_of_power) achievements are not working in 2024 despite what's written on forum. as it's a Unreal Engine fix is harder than I'd like to be if I'd want to get all achievements.

Hardspace: Shipbreaker (https://www.gog.com/pl/game/hardspace_shipbreaker) achievements doesn't work as Galaxy API hasn't been initialized (as initialization is tied to Liderboards and I disabled sharing any data. I fixed for myself, maybe will create a BepInEx and/or Cheat Engine fixes.
high rated
krzontacz: Trine 3 (https://www.gog.com/pl/game/trine_3_the_artifacts_of_power) achievements are not working in 2024 despite what's written on forum. as it's a Unreal Engine fix is harder than I'd like to be if I'd want to get all achievements.

Hardspace: Shipbreaker (https://www.gog.com/pl/game/hardspace_shipbreaker) achievements doesn't work as Galaxy API hasn't been initialized (as initialization is tied to Liderboards and I disabled sharing any data. I fixed for myself, maybe will create a BepInEx and/or Cheat Engine fixes.
That's another topic.
high rated
Update on the game Wreckfest. The game finally received the update (Steam/GOG/Epic) yesterday, which adds crossplatform multiplayer. You can now remove the game from the list.

Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/228380/view/4123681231035520090
Post edited March 23, 2024 by angelblue
I'd like to nominate Spirit of the Island as a second-class citizen game, if you please. The issue here is both with the store page presentation and the actual technical representation here on GOG. First, SOTI and its DLC Beach Resort install as a single game. No problem there, of course, but then we come to Adventureland....the supposed paid "DLC" for the base game. Its store page allows you to buy it without the base game, allows you to install it, and it actually installs as a separate game (Offline Installers). Adventureland (on GOG) is simply the base game all over again minus the Beach Resort DLC and including the new amusement park features. Obviously the Beach Resort DLC content is missing because it is installed in the base game folder. So, to fully enjoy the game, one must run the original.exe, play the game with beach Resort content, then switch to a different .exe, load the save file, then have the new content. It's a total mess and is not this way on STEAM according to other players. It is a mechanic...the amusement park stuff...not a standalone. So, here we are with a FUBAR implementation. The store page is also totally messed up for Adventureland. Take a look at the game specific forum as I don't want to write a book.

I contacted GOG support, and the Publisher, META, who has a user account here, but they don't seem to give a damn.
high rated
Don't Starve Alone Pack is still 20230427 here, while officially is 20231026.

20231026 update contains very important bugfixes(ex. fix severe Volcano problem), so this must be updated!
I'd post on Klei's forum about this in January, but nothing did happen. :/

Other game is Neon Abyss where on GOG is 1.5.0sRC version, while on damned Steam is 1.5.2 + new character.
I would like to remember, because i can not find it on any list:

Xuan-Yuan Sword VII

Has not been updated since the very first launch version, which is several years ago. On other platforms a lot of updates...
Leaving this game at a pretty broken shape.

Sure, the other versions was more bucks but still, probably not to much of work updating it once every couple of years instead of weekly or monthly on other platforms.
Post edited March 27, 2024 by Xeshra
high rated
Xeshra: I would like to remember, because i can not find it on any list:

Xuan-Yuan Sword VII

Has not been updated since the very first launch version, which is several years ago. On other platforms a lot of updates...
Leaving this game at a pretty broken shape.

Sure, the other versions was more bucks but still, probably not to much of work updating it once every couple of years instead of weekly or monthly on other platforms.
A bit normal that it is not patched. Because the game was released on gog in 2021 with all the patches already in the game. It is already on the latest version.

And frankly it requires a minimum of research. Latest patch released is 1.26 which offers the game in French. Gog version released, the game is in French. I
Post edited March 27, 2024 by Lukin86
Endless Space 2 was updated on 7th March on Steam to rebalance the base game's combat and fix the notorious Awakening DLC.
Edit: Disregard the above.
Post edited March 27, 2024 by Grargar
Grargar: Endless Space 2 was updated on 7th March on Steam to rebalance the base game's combat and fix the notorious Awakening DLC.
According to GOGdb - game was updated here too.
Edward_Carnby: According to GOGdb - game was updated here too.
My bad. I looked at the wrong entry.
I do not think that I am "second class citizen", I am the High-class gamer and I know that.
But someone tries to make me feel bad, who is that person or bunc of persons who created that topic and support it. I will write complaint to the GoG store about every user and person that will write bad things about me and all those bad persons will be banned maybe even forever.
+
I want all and everyone to be peaceful. I want to say that we all need to live in peace and be peaceful and make peaceful all other gamers, and, and... all our Beautiful Planet Earth will be proud of us because we are all peaceful and all we are doing is peace! I know that maybe for someone will tell me that complete peace is only a dream but I believe that we can live as a one big peaceful organism - humanity!
I told you that I want all and everyone to be peaceful...
Post edited March 28, 2024 by MolodyiGamer63