It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vitek: I bought it on HUmble in some bundle long time around and only now I have discovered that the DRM-free version they offer is version 0.7 something from 2011 and as such it is not finished game. How nice of them to offer DRM-free version. Luckily it was also provided with Steam code and there the game is up-to-date (October 2017) so at least I was able to play it properly.
It's true, Bastion used to be available DRM-free on the Humble Store for a good while until eventually, for reasons unknown, it went Steam only. They're the worst... :S

However, even though the version you have is labeled as 0.700, that doesn't mean it's not a finished game. The version GOG is currently offering is 0.800, and it definitely is a finished game as it was released in 2016, so the one you've got it probably is as well. Dunno about the weird version numbering, though...
Pitfall 2. Beat it with 133,813 points. I'm sure that's pretty modest but I think I did okay for a first time completing it, especially with the handicap of cats running across my desk and clawing my chair with growing frequency because they want a snack. The bats were the enemy that gave me the most trouble with their shorter flight patterns.

It's certainly one of the best Atari 2600 games and probably the closest it comes to having anything like a modern platforming game, in that it has a relatively expansive setting and a constantly playing musical score. The music isn't bad although if you haven't gotten a treasure in a while it'll start to drone a bit. It's also quite a bit easier than the original game because instead of lives and game over, if you're hit you're moved back to the last checkpoint you reached, losing more score the farther you have to go. I think you can go all the way down to zero and the game will just let you keep playing. You win by collecting a diamond ring and rescuing Pitfall Harry's annoying niece and his pet cougar or whatever it is (I think his name is Quickclaw? I just remember they used the characters from the Saturday morning cartoon show).
List of games finished in 2015 - 6 games - 3 GOG games and 3 PS3 games
List of games finished in 2016 - 16 games - 2 GOG games, 11 PS3 games and 3 PS4 games
List of games finished in 2017 - 15 games - 6 PS3 games and 9 PS4 games.

List of games finished in 2018 below (4 GOG games, 5 PS3 games and 1 PS2 game so far):

1 - January 28, 3:45 - My first finished game of the year became Shadowrun Dragonfall - Director's Cut. I had the game in my backlog despite having it almost from day 1. I have moved, bought PS4 and Project CARS, so I have pushed to play it further and further, until last Xmas. In the end, I loved the game even more than the original and can't wait to play the Hong Kong game. But few other games need to be kicked out of my backlog first :)

2 - April 10, 20:15 - I have finished blind walkthrough of Tales of the Abyss on PS2. The game started little bit slow, because I was overwhelmed by the amount of the text, which was thrown at me, even for jRPG standards. In the end, I still have enjoyed the game, and spent almost 80 hours while playing it (2 and half months of real time due to crazy work schedule). But still, I can only recommend the game to every jRPG fan, which have not played it yet.

3 - May 12, 19:00 - Finished today the first Torchlight with Alchemist on Normal difficulty. Fun and short game to play in between other games, or just to have some relax :)

4 - June 24, 17:45 - After the developer was so kind to fix the bug, which I have encountered in the final bossfight, I was finaly able to finish StarCrawlers. Very enjoyable game for me, despite few small bugs. Developer also provided new free update for the game, which added hacking to it, so there is big motivation for me to play the New Game + again in a near future :)

5 - July 5, 23:45 - After rage-quitting 6 years ago on Capra Demon, I have just finished Dark Souls for the first time on PS3. When I have finally decided to go against the Gwyn, I was surprised how fast he killed me :( . After 10 or more tries, when I was never able to make more than 25% damage to him, I have decided to try my luck with summoning white phantom. I was lucky and found one guy, right at the start of the Kiln. Two people against Gwyn was just short execution. I have chosen The Dark Lord ending.

6 - July 28, 17:15 - I have finished Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on PS3. This time, I have used more casting focused character, and finished every quest line, joined every covenant and picked up every item possible which could be acquired in NG. I have also played DLC for the first time, and the fight with Kalameet was one of the best bossfights I have ever had in a computer game. Just epic! This time, I have chosen To Link the Fire ending.

7 - September 2, 14:15 - My NG+ run of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on PS3 is finally finished. I have now every item and equip, besides two soul boss upgrade items, which I am still missing for Platinum Trophy. I have chosen again To Link the Fire ending. After 139 deaths :D .

8 - September 3, 1:00 - After aproximately 197 hours, I have finished Platinum Trophy run of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on PS3. NG++ speed run for last trophy took me around 2,5 hours, because I have forgot to get Large Ember in the Depths. Silly me.

9 - October 25, 1:15 - Third and final playthrough of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory on PS3 is over. Almost 240 hours spent over 5 years, to get the Platinum Trophy and the True Ending. Little bit grindy, but the combat and story was still silly kind of 4th wall breaking fun, because I was not trying to speedrun the trophies.

10 - December 8, 20:00 - After 53,5 hours, I have finished another PC game from GOG: Battle Chasers: Nightwar. The final battle made me sweat, because I was not able to kill final boss at level 29. But after 15 minutes of grinding, and finding nice Attack Bonus Shrine, I have defeated him on the next try. I love the art style and really enjoyed playing it, so I hope the developers will make next game soon, which will continue with the story.
Post edited December 08, 2018 by MMLN
muntdefems: However, even though the version you have is labeled as 0.700, that doesn't mean it's not a finished game. The version GOG is currently offering is 0.800, and it definitely is a finished game as it was released in 2016, so the one you've got it probably is as well. Dunno about the weird version numbering, though...
I don't know how about story as I never moved past menus in Humble version but those are not in the shape to be called finished.
See:
Controls menu in Humble version
Control menu in Steam version
Exit screen in Humble
Exit screen in Steam

All menus are like this. Sure, it doesn't make it unplayable but it makes me angry for them offering not polished version while it's available elsewhere for sure.
Post edited January 28, 2018 by Vitek
Poor Humble has a much bigger problem than GOG with games getting abandoned there by the developers and/or publishers.
andysheets1975: Pitfall 2. Beat it with 133,813 points. I'm sure that's pretty modest but I think I did okay for a first time completing it, especially with the handicap of cats running across my desk and clawing my chair with growing frequency because they want a snack. The bats were the enemy that gave me the most trouble with their shorter flight patterns.

It's certainly one of the best Atari 2600 games and probably the closest it comes to having anything like a modern platforming game, in that it has a relatively expansive setting and a constantly playing musical score. The music isn't bad although if you haven't gotten a treasure in a while it'll start to drone a bit. It's also quite a bit easier than the original game because instead of lives and game over, if you're hit you're moved back to the last checkpoint you reached, losing more score the farther you have to go. I think you can go all the way down to zero and the game will just let you keep playing. You win by collecting a diamond ring and rescuing Pitfall Harry's annoying niece and his pet cougar or whatever it is (I think his name is Quickclaw? I just remember they used the characters from the Saturday morning cartoon show).
Man I remember my father playing that game when I was 9 or 10 on his Atari 800XL. He spent so much time with the game, and played it for so long until he beat it. After he beat it, he realized, that he spent few weeks going to bed around 3 or 4 am, and had problems wake up to work, so he almost completely stopped playing the games after that and gave the Atari to me :D
Doki Doki Literature Club

I'm not really into Visual Novels and I didn't like most of the ones I've played in the past. But this one was really, really good. Good graphics, nice music and excellent writing. And I won't give anything away, but the way it turned from a dating sim to something completely different in the middle of the game was awesome.

It's hard to say more about this game without spoiling anything, so I will just say that it was definitely an interesting experience.

Complete list of finished games in 2018
Vitek: I don't know how about story as I never moved past menus in Humble version but those are not in the shape to be called finished.
See:
Controls menu in Humble version
Control menu in Steam version
Exit screen in Humble
Exit screen in Steam

All menus are like this. Sure, it doesn't make it unplayable but it makes me angry for them offering not polished version while it's available elsewhere for sure.
Errr... I don't keep any Humble version of this game ever since I 'connected' it to GOG, but I'm pretty sure I never saw those placeholder texts in my copy of the game, even in the original one I got with the Humble Indie Bundle V. I don't imply you're lying, I believe your screenshots, but maybe it's something to do with your computer/OS rather than the game...

Themken: Poor Humble has a much bigger problem than GOG with games getting abandoned there by the developers and/or publishers.
Indeed they have. I've always suspected it, but ever since I started redeeming Steam keys from Humble and checking whether the games are actually DRM-free or not on Steam, I've found that A LOT of them are more up to date on Steam than on Humble. And there's even less excuses there than here on GOG, as Humble has a completely 'hands-off' approach to DRM-free updates, and devs can directly upload anything they want to Humble users' libraries without any middle man.
MMLN: Man I remember my father playing that game when I was 9 or 10 on his Atari 800XL. He spent so much time with the game, and played it for so long until he beat it. After he beat it, he realized, that he spent few weeks going to bed around 3 or 4 am, and had problems wake up to work, so he almost completely stopped playing the games after that and gave the Atari to me :D
As it turns out, I did indeed go to bed at 3 am last night :)

I read a bit about the game and although I beat the 2600 version, apparently the Atari 800 version has a remixed, harder version that unlocks after you beat it. I'll have to check that one out someday.
andysheets1975: Pitfall 2
That's one of the first games I ever played, along with Asteroids and PacMan.
My uncle had an Atari 2600 which was a rarity in East Germany. Must have been around 1985/86.
Vitek: ...
muntdefems: ...
I've completed Humble DRM-Free version of Bastion and never experienced any problems. However in general you're right, of course, that there is a problem.
Doom 64 EX. This is a version that allows you to play Doom 64 on the PC with added options like mouse and keyboard control. I like it on the N64 fine but I'm not going to complain if I don't have to use that controller. IIRC, the guy who made it has a thing about remastering console FPS's and was finishing up on Powerslave when Night Dive hired him and put him to work on the Turok remasters that recently came out. Maybe he'll get to finish Powerslave later...

Anyway, I recall that this game got a somewhat respectful but tepid response in its own time because Quake had already come out and the developers had decided that a full 3D experience wasn't really Doom, so the game got knocked for being old-fashioned despite having really nice graphics (although in this version you do have options to enable stuff like jumping and a full mouse-look. I left those off). In retrospect it's just Even More Doom, with very good level design that would fit in just fine with the original two games and all the classic monsters and weapons. I've even read some later reviews that say it's the best Doom ever, but as much as I like it I still favor the original two games on PC, mostly because I prefer the fast-paced metal soundtrack to the ambient horror music used in this game (and the Playstation version - I think the same guy did both?).
You Must Build A Boat

The game told me to do it so I did. It's match-3 "runner" and sequel to 1000000. I prefer match-3 where you can think about moves instead of having very strict time limits but I had some fun with this. In this one player has to quickly match swords and staffs to fight monsters staying in the way, open chest with keys and match other things to gain some bonuses. It also has some spells and various upgrades. 1000000 had upgrades too but this one gates the later ones behind dust, basically premium currency that had potential to be in freemium game but here it is luckily not and is only attainable via gameplay. It is quite limited, though and would force me to replay dungeons over and over again to get more of it.

Small quests and short length of every run create the dreaded one-more-turn effect and it was the main thing to keep me playing.
If the runs took more time I don't think I could stay it. I went through campaign in some 9 hours of very clumsy gameplay and I am not up for NG+ or whatever they call it.
I found it all right but nothing memorable.

I played it on PC but it is also available for mobile phones. For lower price even.

muntdefems: Errr... I don't keep any Humble version of this game ever since I 'connected' it to GOG, but I'm pretty sure I never saw those placeholder texts in my copy of the game, even in the original one I got with the Humble Indie Bundle V. I don't imply you're lying, I believe your screenshots, but maybe it's something to do with your computer/OS rather than the game...
C'est possible.
It even refused to to run at first and I had to install additional programs from the game folder and maybe something went broke there.
Well, I am kind of happy it did as it made me redeem it on Steam and I could play the most up-todate version. Not that I would prefer it DRM-Free but I also prefer my games to be maintained and the one on Steam, unlike Humble, was.

Gamo listo
andysheets1975: Doom 64 EX. This is a version that allows you to play Doom 64 on the PC with added options like mouse and keyboard control. I like it on the N64 fine but I'm not going to complain if I don't have to use that controller. IIRC, the guy who made it has a thing about remastering console FPS's and was finishing up on Powerslave when Night Dive hired him and put him to work on the Turok remasters that recently came out. Maybe he'll get to finish Powerslave later...
Have you tried Brutal Doom 64 as well? If yes, which one you find better?
Post edited January 30, 2018 by Vitek
Space Pirates and Zombies 2

Two modes available: story campaign and sandbox. Sandbox is interesting in that there are just loads of variables that you can tweak to your liking, and you can set it up to play just like the story campaign but without the story.

Story mode is, well, pretty much a sandbox with fixed rules (you can't adjust the variables) and a mandatory zombie invasion.

Can't decide if I like the game or not. It is VERY well done: the artwork is great, the voice acting is high quality (IMO), and I encountered not a single glitch or bug. Has a similar tone of sarcasm as the first one. Now it's more open-world and with factions to deal with, but the factions are generic - how are the Miners different than the Scientists? They use orange instead of blue! - and you're just there to take over the galaxy and defeat the zombie menace.

On my playthrough of the zombie story campaign, the zombies were taking over everywhere and it didn't seem like the AI factions were even attempting to regain their own territory, so it was essentially my piddly group against the ever-increasing zombie horde, with the other factions simply supplying the zombie side with more zombie captains.

In the end, though, the faction stuff was a non-factor. Without getting spoilerish, on a lark I decided to attack the zombie capital even though I was woefully underpowered. Turned out it didn't matter, and I won anyway.

Building your large ship works a bit differently from teh first game, in that you no longer unlock hulls for your mothership. Instead, you acquire modules to clink together to customize your vessel. Lots of weapon choices, and every attachment has its own bonuses to health, armor, speed, maneuverability, power, etc. Choose carefully to prioritize the characteristics you want. For instance, speed is life so I chose modules and attachments that had high bonuses to speed and maneuverability - and flew circles around everything else out there.

The combat is both repetitive but also interesting in that you can try so many different combinations of ship configuration. And it looks gorgeous. You can go with the older top-down view, or the new 3D view. You're still operating on a flat plane but I don't think combat suffers because of that.

Fun enough game, but it will be awhile before I fire it up again. Might do another zombie campaign next time, now that I've learned more through sandbox mode.

Until then, gotta figure out which game to play next. Start The Witcher over again from scratch? Ditto Morrowind? Dive into Fallout 3 and/or NV? Make another go of the Stalker games? Maybe ArmA 2 and 3, since the new laptop can handle them. Decisions, decisions...
HereForTheBeer: Until then, gotta figure out which game to play next.... Decisions, decisions...
http://armorgames.com/play/16123/decision-3