It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: How can you be sure that this would apply to ALL of their games? I already listed a whole lot of them but I cannot say for sure that it works for all of their games.
Heretic777: I have all their games and i just recently tested and backed them all up on external harddrive.
Great. It would be really nice if you could compare your library with the list in the OP and list the remaining game you tested that are not on the list yet. Also please state on which OS you tested it so they can be added to the list.
muntdefems: Then I've also tried a couple of free games and these are the ones that work without the need of Steam:

The Secret of Tremendous Corporation (Linux)
Think To Die (Linux)
Think To Die 2 (Linux)
Here I forgot to mention that The Mammoth: A Cave Painting is another free game that's also completely DRM-free and can be played without the Steam client. Only Linux version tested.
Ascension: Deckbuilding Game (aka Chronicle of the Godslayer) appears to work fine without Steam on Win10. A prompt reminds you you're not signed in for achievements during the session, but it doesn't auto-boot Steam from the .exe or anything. Also it appears the online works similar to Torchlight 2, as in it's done through the company via an email, not through Steamworks.
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords also works on Win10 without any alterations (no api or txt files).

Edit: Also for those playing the game, don't forget the expansion that was never converted to PC. It got a fan port available on the game's Steam Discussions here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/12500/discussions/0/864943954172103438/
Post edited January 04, 2018 by Exceed20XX
Konung 2 (just run exe)
Normality (dosbox)
Phantasmagoria 2 (dosbox)
Realms of Arkania 2 Star Trail (dosbox)
Redline (just run exe)
Sacra Terra Kiss of Death Collectors Edition (steam_appid.txt trick)

Tested on Windows 8.1
More DRM-free games found/confirmed (all of them tested on Linux):

· Sisyphus Reborn: completely DRM-free, no action needed

· UFHO2: needs the 'steam_appid.txt' trick to work

· Manual Samuel: also need the 'steam_appid.txt' trick. The fullscreen is a little messed up, but it can be perfectly played in windowed mode (and without the Steam client, of course )

· Tribal Pass: completely DRM-free, no action needed. Also has fullscreen issues and is better played in windowed mode

· Steam Squad: needs the 'steam_appid.txt' trick

· The Mims Beginning: completely DRM-free, no action needed

Finally, I confirmed that the following Artifex Mundi games work on Linux with the 'steam_appid.txt' trick:

· Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily
· Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope
· Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond
· Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
· Eventide: Slavic Fable
· Eventide 2: The Sorcerers Mirror
· Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief
· Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
· Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
· Grim Legends 3: The Dark City
· Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher’s Stone
· The Myth Seekers: The Legacy of Vulcan
· The Secret Order 2: Masked Intent
· The Secret Order 3: Ancient Times
· Tibetan Quest: Beyond the World’s End
· Time Mysteries: Inheritance – Remastered
· Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres
· Time Mysteries 3: The Final Enigma
· Tiny Tales: Heart of the Forest
· Vampire Legends: The True Story of Kisilova
Post edited January 09, 2018 by muntdefems
More stuff!

1) First, a Windows game I checked with Wine preset as Windows 7: Reverse Crawl (worked out of the box)

2) Then, a bunch of Linux confirmations for games already in the Wiki:

· A Story About My Uncle: worked out of the box. It's marked as N/A for Mac and Linux in the wiki, but it is available for those OSs now.

· Aragami: needs the "steam_appid.txt trick". It's marked as non-DRM-free for Linux in the wiki, but I got it working without problems (game build 01.08)

· Broforce: worked out of the box. It comes with its own steam_appid.txt file, didn't check if it was needed or not.

· Card City Nights: worked out of the box

· Chroma Squad: worked out of the box

3) And finally, some games not listed in the Wik that I tested on Linux:

· 2064: Read Only Memories: needed the "steam_appid.txt trick"

· Ascendant: worked out of the box

· Beholder: worked out of the box

· Crawl: needed the "steam_appid.txt trick". Only tested the single player mode, no idea about multiplayer.

· Depths of Peril: worked out of the box, but apparently only in windowed mode. Trying to switch to fullscreen mode resulted in the game freezing.
Cloudbuilt (NOT Super Cloudbuilt), Eldritch and Yume Nikki work on Windows 10 without editing. Also, Yume Nikki is a free release.
Post edited January 11, 2018 by Exceed20XX
I've tested a bunch more of Linux games:

· Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs: Worked out of the box. You only have to run either the AmnesiaAMFP_NO_STEAM.bin.x86 or the AmnesiaAMFP_NO_STEAM.bin.x86_64 binaries for it to work.

· Breach & Clear: Worked out of the box.

· Dungeon Souls: Needs the "steam_appid.txt trick".

· else Heart.Break(): Worked out of the box.

· Eschalon: Book I: Worked out of the box.

· Eschalon: Book III: Worked out of the box.

· Full Throttle Remastered: Needs the "steam_appid.txt trick".

· GALAK-Z: Comes with a steam_appid.txt file, which is needed for it to work.

· Gateways: Worked out of the box.

· Hacknet: Worked out of the box // A warning sign is shown in the main menu: "WARNING: Error connecting to Steam Cloud" // Comes with a steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't seem to be needed for it to work.

· Haque: Worked out of the box.

· Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora: Needs the "steam_appid.txt trick".

· Kentucky Route Zero: Worked out of the box

These are couple of games already confirmed for Windows on the wiki, that I've got running on Linux as well:

· DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale: Worked out of the box. // Comes with a steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't seem to be needed for it to work. // A pop-up window with a warning is shown when the game starts: "Alert: Steam could not be contacted. Game will continue without Steam connectivity features".

· FEZ: Contrary to what the wiki says, I didn't need to add --no-steamworks to the console when running it.

· Gods Will Be Watching: Needs the "steam_appid.txt trick".

And finally, I got Ittle Dew running, but I couldn't make it save my progress when quitting, so it can only be played in one sitting.
More Linux games tested!

New to the Wiki

· Anna's Quest: Worked out of the box. Comes wit its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't matter whether it's there or not.

· Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt' trick.

· On Rusty Trails: Worked out of the box. It crashes when you exit, but without consequence.

· Neverending Nightmares: Delete the libsteam_api.so library for it to work.

· Megabyte Punch: Worked out of the box. Comes wit its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't matter whether it's there or not.

· Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt' trick.

· Knock-knock: Worked out of the box.

· Oxenfree: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt' trick.

· Rochard: Worked out of the box.

· Skulls of the Shogun: Worked out of the box.

· SteamWorld Heist: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt' trick.

· Steel Storm: Burning Retribution: Worked out of the box. Only tried the single-player mode.

· The Journey Down: Chapter Three: Worked out of the box.

· The Order of the Throne - The King's Challenge: Worked out of the box.

· Tower of Guns: Worked out of the box.

· TRI: Of Friendship and Madness: Worked out of the box.

· Valhalla Hills: Worked out of the box.

Already in the Wiki

· Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition: Worked out of the box.

· Outlast (now available for both Mac and Linux): Needed the 'steam_appid.txt' trick.

· Pixel Piracy: Worked out of the box.

· Risk of Rain: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt' trick. Note: In my particular case (Arch Linux 64bit) it complained about requiring version 3 of the libcurl library. I got it running by explicitly pre-loading it like this: $ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libcurl.so.3 ./run.sh (having previously installed the lib32-libcurl-compat package).

· Screencheat: Worked out of the box. Only tried the Local mode with bots.

· SteamWorld Dig: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt' trick.

· Turmoil (no longer in Early Access, and now available for both Mac and Linux): Needed the 'steam_appid.txt' trick.

· Waking Mars: Worked out of the box.

· Windward: Worked out of the box. Only tried the single-player mode.

· Wizorb (now available for Linux): Worked out of the box. Didn't seem to be able to save, either.
I am glad that I can confirm that the new Mike Bithell (Thomas was alone / Volume) game "Subsurface Circular" can be played without any Steam client running by applying the now well known steam_appid.txt trick.

Tested on Win7/64
Post edited January 16, 2018 by MarkoH01
Cook, Serve, Delicious! works out of the box on Windows.
Mesozoica , the dino tycoon game in Early access, runs without the steam client too.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Cook, Serve, Delicious! works out of the box on Windows.
And so does on Linux :) (as long as you execute the runner binary instead of the run.sh script).

Apart from that, yesterday I finished checking all the games in my Steam library, so I've started to redeem unused keys in order to test them. I'll start with games beginning with "A" (as usual, I've checked the Linux versions):

New to the Wiki

· A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build: Worked out of the box

· A Snake's Tale: Worked out of the box, but it wasn't able to find the libraries included in the same directory as the binary, so I had to run it like this:
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./a_snakes_tale

· About Love, Hate and the other ones: Worked out of the box

· Airscape - The Fall of Gravity: Worked OK, after I linked a couple of libraries needed by the game

· Alien Blitz (f.k.a. Snorms): Worked out of the box. When starting a game, it detects that Steam is not running and shows a warning message: "Alien Blitz could not find Steam, check that it is correctly started. You can play the game but online functions and achievements won't work."

Already in the Wiki

· A Hole New World: Worked out of the box

· A Wizard's Lizard: Worked out of the box

· Atom Zombie Smasher: Worked out of the box (it is marked as N/A for Linux in the Wiki but it is available now)
Not many games beginning with "B", and I had an pretty low success rate with them:

New to the Wiki

· Brushwood Buddies: Worked out of the box

Already in the Wiki

· Bleed: Worked out of the box

(As usual, I tested both of them on Arch Linux.)