It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pressure

Turned out to be a pretty fun shooter, though the Normal difficulty was way too easy after a few upgrades. Gonna try it on Absurd now (which is basically a renamed Hard.)
Finished Micron: a damn good puzzle/logic game. I didn't expect this at all and I definitely recommend it. It is simple and clever.

Full list here.
Post edited April 02, 2014 by sebarnolds
AnimalMother117: So, first off, is there co-op? Secondly, is it any good as co-op? And, lastly, is it a good action game more than a good Resident Evil game?
Yes, there is co-op - in fact the entire game is built on co-op since you always have a companion with you even in singleplayer but that's also the problem, the AI of your teammate Sheva is borderline retarded and that's a problem when the game's difficulty is built around 2-players. The inventory also becomes better with a human partner since they won't waste items and can manage their own inventory.

So yes, it's a decent action game that could be fun in co-op but a very sub par Resident Evil game. I didn't try co-op for myself but I have heard others say good things about it. If you plan to get it for the co-op for PC you should hurry since it is a GFWL-product and that service will probably shut down this summer and who knows what will happen to the games that uses it? But the game is also on consoles so maybe get it there?
AnimalMother117: So, first off, is there co-op? Secondly, is it any good as co-op? And, lastly, is it a good action game more than a good Resident Evil game?
jepsen1977: Yes, there is co-op - in fact the entire game is built on co-op since you always have a companion with you even in singleplayer but that's also the problem, the AI of your teammate Sheva is borderline retarded and that's a problem when the game's difficulty is built around 2-players. The inventory also becomes better with a human partner since they won't waste items and can manage their own inventory.

So yes, it's a decent action game that could be fun in co-op but a very sub par Resident Evil game. I didn't try co-op for myself but I have heard others say good things about it. If you plan to get it for the co-op for PC you should hurry since it is a GFWL-product and that service will probably shut down this summer and who knows what will happen to the games that uses it? But the game is also on consoles so maybe get it there?
Thank you for responding, I would probably get it on my 360, if I were to get it. Mostly because I prefer playing TPSs/action games on consoles for whatever reason, and also for me, co-op is best when I'm playing with someone in the room. Thanks a lot, again.
Duke Nukem Forever
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise

Not a good game at all, unless you enjoy roleplaying a helpless punching bag. The fights are an utter clusterfuck: there's a dozen guys wailing at you simultaneously at all times, and when they shoot projectiles (homing shurikens? WTF) it's even worse. Your only hope is to gain enough chi to execute a power attack every once in a while, before fleeing again. And the fact that you're outnumbered by a large margin isn't the only thing that makes the fights unfair: some opponents can begin their own combos in the middle of getting their face punched in which defies all logic; some enemies block (you need to break it by holding X or pressing A, depending on the situation), but they often do another block immediately afterwards, giving you only a split second to press the other button: otherwise they counterattack your ass down. And the foes gang up on you constantly: good luck trying to break one opponent's block while nine other are constantly swinging their weapons near you, five more are throwing projectiles and the rest are throwing bombs. It was the most fun when one enemy did a combo on me, and while I was helpless on the air and smashed down to the ground, another enemy did his combo immediately after. Bye bye 4/5 of life bar in three seconds. And sometimes the game was very cheap with checkpoints: one level included fighting four regular, but extra tough guys and three bosses, and there were no checkpoints in the whole level. It took me many, many retries and cheap fighting tactics to get through that. I would love to see the guy who can beat this game on Hard: it probably takes Korean skills and cat reflexes to even get halfway through the campaign. And oh, there was a plot somewhere in there too but I completely ignored it - I'm not sure who my guy was, who he was fighting and why. Says something about the whole experience...totally forgettable all-around. Can't recommend this one.
Post edited April 02, 2014 by DProject
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project

A solid 2.5D action platformer. Very good level design, lots of secret areas, nice selection of weapons, good action overall. I encountered an odd glitch on level 8-2 which broke the second half of the level. I had to restart the level from the beginning to fix it, which was annoying since that level is not fun. Those last 3 levels are the weakest. The Duke Nukem "attitude" or whatever you want to call it is used to good effect. Like DN3D, the comments are usually amusing (Someone's gonna pay for making me find these friggin' key cards).

That makes a whopping 2 games I finished so far this year.
Post edited April 03, 2014 by CrowTRobo
Just finished up Tick! Tack!, sequel to SHUFFLE! It focuses on my favorite character from the prior game, and introduces some really nice new characters as well. I loved it!

It took me a lot longer to finish than expected because I'm getting distracted by those online games again... Path of Exile, League of Legends, FFXIV - I like you all but you take up far too much of my time! Release me from your thrall!
Spear of Destiny Mission 2 Return to Danger (3:10pm 4th april)

Nothing much to say apart from annoying bug which removed that door was very annoying
Nobake: Just finished up Tick! Tack!, sequel to SHUFFLE! It focuses on my favorite character from the prior game, and introduces some really nice new characters as well. I loved it!

It took me a lot longer to finish than expected because I'm getting distracted by those online games again... Path of Exile, League of Legends, FFXIV - I like you all but you take up far too much of my time! Release me from your thrall!
At least you can beat PoE :)
I finished Normality. Not a particularly good game, by any stretch, but it had its moments. Also, considering how bad the animation was, I find it genuinely hilarious that the game used motion capture...
I finished Unepic - it's a fun metroidvania with some clever twists and humor that's off but good game mechanics.
Nobake: Just finished up Tick! Tack!, sequel to SHUFFLE! It focuses on my favorite character from the prior game, and introduces some really nice new characters as well. I loved it!

kalirion: At least you can beat PoE :)
Theoretically you can. It also depends on your definition of "beating" it. I've never gotten to run maps or even finished Merciless difficulty. By the end of Cruel or early Merciless the gear grind just gets to be too much for me and I give up and try another build.

I have sort of a love/hate relationship with POE. I really like the game, but the level of RNG is just too much.
Dragonsphere

A nice short adventure. I thought the world/background story was pretty nicely fleshed out, but some of the characters where kind of meh. Also, the ending seemed weird to me. I'd probably give it 3 stars out of 5 which is to say its an average game. That being said, I'd still highly recommend it, especially since it's free.
DProject: Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise

Not a good game at all, unless you enjoy roleplaying a helpless punching bag. The fights are an utter clusterfuck: there's a dozen guys wailing at you simultaneously at all times, and when they shoot projectiles (homing shurikens? WTF) it's even worse. Your only hope is to gain enough chi to execute a power attack every once in a while, before fleeing again. And the fact that you're outnumbered by a large margin isn't the only thing that makes the fights unfair: some opponents can begin their own combos in the middle of getting their face punched in which defies all logic; some enemies block (you need to break it by holding X or pressing A, depending on the situation), but they often do another block immediately afterwards, giving you only a split second to press the other button: otherwise they counterattack your ass down. And the foes gang up on you constantly: good luck trying to break one opponent's block while nine other are constantly swinging their weapons near you, five more are throwing projectiles and the rest are throwing bombs. It was the most fun when one enemy did a combo on me, and while I was helpless on the air and smashed down to the ground, another enemy did his combo immediately after. Bye bye 4/5 of life bar in three seconds. And sometimes the game was very cheap with checkpoints: one level included fighting four regular, but extra tough guys and three bosses, and there were no checkpoints in the whole level. It took me many, many retries and cheap fighting tactics to get through that. I would love to see the guy who can beat this game on Hard: it probably takes Korean skills and cat reflexes to even get halfway through the campaign. And oh, there was a plot somewhere in there too but I completely ignored it - I'm not sure who my guy was, who he was fighting and why. Says something about the whole experience...totally forgettable all-around. Can't recommend this one.
Man, you actually beat this game? I got stuck somewhere on Hard and couldn't continue just due to the sheer amount of enemies cheap shotting me :D