It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Last of Us, good but way overrated. When Ellie crack wise I just turn my eyes up.

Uncharted 1 and 3 (yet to play 2)

I am dissipointed that Naughty Dog will make another Uncharted instead of making a new game intirely, heck I prefer another Last of Us.
Post edited March 30, 2014 by Elmofongo
Baldur's Gate:

A great game with two major (and known) weaknesses.
1- Path-finding is atrocious and brought much death and consternation. Having characters do a 180, stop mid-stride, or take a nonsensical path makes me feel like I was fighting against the game itself.
2- Real-time with pause is a messy way of handling combat. Even after setting up a bunch of pause parameters, it's sloppy and lacks structure. Makes me wonder why so many threw temper tantrums because inXile decided to go with a turn based system for Torment: Tides of Numenera.

On to Baldur's Gate 2!
Finished Klonoa on Wii last Friday. A truly wonderful platformer, although very short and very easy. It's a remake of the old PS1 game Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, only with significantly better graphics. Just a shame that I managed to batter through the whole thing to 100% completion in around five hours, there are no difficulty levels, no New Game+, no nothing.
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - Episode 3 : Muzzled!
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - Episode 4 : The Bogey Man

Done! Glad that I am done with these now, started to get bit bored. In the end these quite mediocre, especially since I haven't ever really watched Wallace & Gromit. Nothing wrong with it, just never gotten around doing it and havent felt that I missed anything. The games are charming and somewhat funny, but nothing special. One that stands out of these for me is probably the bee episode and that is just because it had few more "action" scenes.
Include me

So far finished in 2014
(the few links refer to my reviews):

01. Sword of Mana (OpenPandora - GBA)
02. Aether (Linux)
03. Coil (Linux)
04. Spewer (Linux)
05. Halo (WinXP)
06. 2x Hammerwatch (WinXP)
07. The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages (OpenPandora - GBC)
08. The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Seasons (OpenPandora - GBC)
09. Splice (Linux)
10. MegaManX 5 (OpenPandora - PSX)
11. The Chronicles of Riddick - Escape from Butcher Bay (WinXP)
12. The Chronicles of Riddick - Assault on Dark Athena (WinXP)
13. Don't Look Back (Linux - Flash)
14. Shadowgrounds (WinXP)
15. Steel Storm (Linux)
16. Thomas Was Alone (Linux)
17. Bomberman World (OpenPandora - PSX)
18. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Shanoa & Albus modes (3DS-XL)
19. Deponia 1 (WINE Linux)
20. Deponia 2 (WINE Linux)
21. Bioshock (WinXP)
22. Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
23. Crimsonland (WINE-Linux)
24. Unepic (WINE-Linux)
25. Escape Goat (Linux)
26. Gemini Rue (Linux)
27. Shadowgrounds Survivor (WinXP)
28. Deadlight (WinXP)
29. VVVVVV (Linux)
30. SteamWorld Dig (Linux)
31. Knytt Underground (Linux)
32. Zax - The Alien Hunter (WINE Linux)
33. Deponia 3 (WINE Linux)
34. Aquaria (WinXP)
35. The Secret of Monkey Island - Special Edition (WinXP)
36. Journey of a Roach (WinXP)
37. Back to the Future - The Game (WInXP)
38. Bad Mojo Redux (WinXP)
39. Torchlight (WinXP)
40. Dear Esther (WinXP)
41. Brütal Legend (WinXP)
42. Fireant (OpenPandora - C64)
43. Impossible Mission (OpenPandora - C64)
Post edited October 30, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Just finished Saints Row 2 on Normal difficulty and 94% completion. First long-haul game in a while that I've completed.

A brilliant game actually, the only major flaw being the extremely sloppy work that CD Projekt did on the PC port. Even with the speed hack and the Gentlemen of the Row mod, the game was still prone to regular crashes and prolonged framerate drops, so that I was forced to save at very regular intervals. I loved the sense of humour, and most of the characters were strangely likeable - especially a Worf-like turn from Michael Dorn as Maero.

Through a fluke, I actually have this from the Humble THQ Bundle and on PS3. When I eventually come to play it through on Hardcore mode again, I'll probably do so on the PS3 this time.
Post edited March 31, 2014 by jamyskis
Fever_Discordia: I just finished Ys I, the full title of which I believe is Ys I Chronicles+ Ancient Ys Vanished: Omen
Which is a mouthful for a game that could just be called 'Ys' (and I'm still saying it in my head like 'Wise' even though I know its supposed to be more like 'eese')
The remake of a remake of a remake of a game from, I *think* the Famicom (or Super Famicom?) that started the series that's huge in Japan
Its nominally an RPG but you have 1 guy called Aldo who has the class 'swordmaster' and has no magic, no ranged weapons, is level capped by about half way through the game and attacks by running into stuff, serious no button mashing just this 'bump attack' system so its more like an isometric puzzle-action adventure with RPG features
But if you like the Japanese style but don't like the FF style turn combat of these things then it might be right up your street
I really liked it, easy levels and tough bosses though and I'm feeling a bit boss-battled out generally now, also had to consult the walkthrough A LOT to work out what to do next and not miss anything fun
Its a bit short but I guess that''s why you get both parts for your money (In fact they were originally conceived as one game, apparently)
Look forward to playing part 2 at some point, on to Anodyne right now though...

Full list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post64
The Famicom version was a port, though I can't remember if it started on early PC or a less popular contemporary of the Famicom. I believe the split into Ys I and Ys II as well as the bump combat were due to technical limitations, but I'm not completely sure on that.

I pretty much agree with your thoughts on the game(s). I consider them more like Zelda with experience levels rather than a full-on RPG. I don't know which version you played, but if you have access to a PSP or Vita I definitely recommend Ys: The Oath in Felghana (remake of Ys III) and Ys Seven. Both are much better IMO and quite fun.

I need to make time for the rest of the series sometime.
Fever_Discordia: I just finished Ys I, the full title of which I believe is Ys I Chronicles+ Ancient Ys Vanished: Omen
Which is a mouthful for a game that could just be called 'Ys' (and I'm still saying it in my head like 'Wise' even though I know its supposed to be more like 'eese')
The remake of a remake of a remake of a game from, I *think* the Famicom (or Super Famicom?) that started the series that's huge in Japan
Its nominally an RPG but you have 1 guy called Aldo who has the class 'swordmaster' and has no magic, no ranged weapons, is level capped by about half way through the game and attacks by running into stuff, serious no button mashing just this 'bump attack' system so its more like an isometric puzzle-action adventure with RPG features
But if you like the Japanese style but don't like the FF style turn combat of these things then it might be right up your street
I really liked it, easy levels and tough bosses though and I'm feeling a bit boss-battled out generally now, also had to consult the walkthrough A LOT to work out what to do next and not miss anything fun
Its a bit short but I guess that''s why you get both parts for your money (In fact they were originally conceived as one game, apparently)
Look forward to playing part 2 at some point, on to Anodyne right now though...

Full list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post64
Nobake: The Famicom version was a port, though I can't remember if it started on early PC or a less popular contemporary of the Famicom. I believe the split into Ys I and Ys II as well as the bump combat were due to technical limitations, but I'm not completely sure on that.

I pretty much agree with your thoughts on the game(s). I consider them more like Zelda with experience levels rather than a full-on RPG. I don't know which version you played, but if you have access to a PSP or Vita I definitely recommend Ys: The Oath in Felghana (remake of Ys III) and Ys Seven. Both are much better IMO and quite fun.

I need to make time for the rest of the series sometime.
I played the PC version from Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/223810/
There's a version of Oath and the origin one on there somewhere too...
I'd completely forgotten about those releases, as I don't use Steam. So, Oath in Felghana, go for it!
Anomaly 2

I did finish the game on my tablet, but from what I have seen, there aren't really that many differences with the PC version. Yes, there is better graphical fidelity and the commander is on screen controllable by you, but other than that, the stages are completely the same, unlike the original Anomaly Warzone Earth which had a different campaign from PC to Android.

As for the game itself, it was just like Anomaly Korea. White/blue hues to represent the eternal winter as opposed to the more brown/orange of Anomaly Korea, but the game itself, just as its predecessor, retains the reverse tower defense gameplay. The abilities have changed a bit, with Repair and Decoy being retained, but the Air Strike, Smoke and Power-Up being removed in favour of EMP and Aim. In addition, all unites have gained a secondary form which allows them to do things somewhat differently. The basic unit (Hound) for example is normally a mid-range vehicle with a gatling gun, but if transformed, it turns into a walker with higher HPs, shorter range and twin flamethrowers. All in all, the sequel is more of the same, but still just as enjoyable as its predecessor.

Full List.
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
This is one of those games with tons of unlockables and replayable levels objectives, but I think I will it call it finished now. Seeing the credits level is always a good measure stick for me. The main "movie" line seems so still have one or two levels, but can't be bothered with those. Especially since one of them refers to 100% completion, which is something I would never have time to do if its really a 100% they ask. Also at least one of the remaining levels is repeat of an earlier (&annoying) level.
Anyway, played the first game on PS3 while back and really enjoyed it. This game was on Steam with 360 controller and must admit that didn't like the game as much I liked the first game. Too many tight time limit chase levels and not enough exploration/puzzle type levels. Dont get me wrong, the game is still really good and I enjoyed my time with it. Maybe will leave it installed and come to do some of the more harders levels one day(most likely not).
Just finished Bleed on normal.

Not a bad game, although seems a little poorly balanced in places. There are only seven fairly short levels, and the game does its level best to outstay its welcome by making you repeat them again and again with all the achievements and challenges.
Finished Resident Evil 5 on PC. The controls are bad and the inventory is terrible and the game isn't scary at all and yet I got to admit I did have some measure of fun with the game. The boss fights are brutal though and I almost didn't make it past the last boss but all in all a decent TPS.
jepsen1977: Finished Resident Evil 5 on PC. The controls are bad and the inventory is terrible and the game isn't scary at all and yet I got to admit I did have some measure of fun with the game. The boss fights are brutal though and I almost didn't make it past the last boss but all in all a decent TPS.
So, first off, is there co-op? Secondly, is it any good as co-op? And, lastly, is it a good action game more than a good Resident Evil game?
Post edited April 01, 2014 by AnimalMother117
include me

Batman:Arkham City
One Finger death punch
Costume Quest
Shank 2
Risk of rain
Mark of the Ninja
Dungeons of Dredmoor
Symphony
Rogue Legacy
14/4/2014 Spelunkey (normal way)