It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

01. Loom
02. Simon the Sorcerer
03. Freddy Pharkas - Frontier Pharmacist
04. Might and Magic VII
05. Kings Quest 2 - Romancing the Throne
06. Kings Quest 3 - To Heir is Human
07. Kings Quest 4 - The Perils of Rosella
08. Kings Quest 5 - Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder
09. Leisure Suit Larry 2 - Looking for Love
10. Leisure Suit Larry 3
11. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
12. Prince of Persia
13. Aladdin
14. Skyrim
15. Jones in the Fast Lane
16. Ski or Die
17. Terminator 2 - Judgment Day
18. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
19. Draconus
20. Forbidden Forest
21. Kung Fu Master
22. Rambo 2
23. Ghost`n`Goblins
24. Green Beret
25. Commando
26. Yie ar Kung Fu
27. BC Quest for Tires
28. Donald Duck`s Playground
29. Barbarian
30. Yie Ar Kung Fu 2
31. Blue Max
32. Rick Dangerous
33. Jack the Nipper
34. Dan Dare
35. Ghostbusters
36. Choplifter
37. Batman - The Caped Crusader
38. Save New York
39. The Last Ninja 3
40. Space Quest III
41. Gears of War Judgement
42. Fifa 14
43. Gears of War 2
44. Soul Calibur 2
45. Pirates: Gold!
46. Commander Keen 2
47. Commander Keen 4
48. Prince of Persia 2
49. Commander Keen 5
50. Commander Keen 6
51. Keen Dreams
52. Diablo
53. Super Mario 2
54. Ultima VII - The Black Gate
55. Icewind Dale 2
56. Icewind Dale
57. Baldur's Gate
58. Gears of War 1
59. Ducktales - Remastered
60. Kane
61. Grog's Revenge
62. Mission Impossible 2
63. Olli & Lissa
64. LA Swat
65. Who Dares Wins 2
66. Hostages
67. Chronicles of Mystara - Shadows over Mystara
68. Chronicles of Mystara - Tower of Doom
69. The Black Cauldron
70. Police Quest 3
71. Leisure Suit Larry 5
72. Space Quest 2
73. Home Alone
74. Tales of Monkey Island
75. The Curse of Monkey Island
76. Lost Horizon
77. Maniac Mansion
79. Legend of Kyrandia
80. Space quest 4
81. Championship Manager 2001/02
82. Quest for Glory 3
83. Golf: Tee it up
84. 3D Ultra Minigolf
85. Space Quest 5
86. The Walking Dead season 2
87. Gears of War Judgement
88. King's Quest 1
89. King's Quest 6
90. Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition
91. Championship Manager 94
92. Might and Magic VIII
93. Wolfenstein - The New Order
94. Day of the Tentacle
95. Full Throttle
96. The Settlers 6 - Rise of an Empire
97. Diablo III
98. Diablo III - Reaper of Souls
99. Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition
100. Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers
101. Zak McKrakken and the Alien Mindbenders
102. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
103. Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars
104. Sam & Max - Hit the Road
105. The Secret of Monkey Island - Special Edition
106. Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition
107. Eye of the Beholder

I know it seems like Quite a lot, but most of these games I just finally finished. Had savegames I had been using for a few years. Playing on and off, really. I probably just had 10 or 5 percent left to do in more than half of these games.
New Adventures mode of The Witcher: If you liked the Witcher, I think you should not miss the New Adventures mode (many people do). Most of them are very well made, with interesting consepts. Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet was definitely my favorite. The only ones I would recommend skipping is Damn Those Swamps and maybe The Wedding. The rest are all quiet enjoyable.

List of all games finished in the last years with best and worst games played in each year
Finished and added several games, including Magic Maker, Ar tonelico, and just now finished Tomb Raider (<i>2013</i>).

My list is here
Entrapment - Small free psycho-thriller game that I've been planning on playing for some time, found it today in my download section and finished in about 30 minutes.
Fun little escape the room.
Skoobaba: 01. Loom
107. Eye of the Beholder

I know it seems like Quite a lot, but most of these games I just finally finished. Had savegames I had been using for a few years. Playing on and off, really. I probably just had 10 or 5 percent left to do in more than half of these games.
Still an impressive list. And I really like to see so many games included that I still remember from my childhood (e.g. Yie ar Kung Fu, BC Quest for Tires, Donald Duck`s Playground, Barbarian or Grog's Revenge). Did you play them on a Commodore 64?
Skoobaba: 01. Loom
107. Eye of the Beholder

PaterAlf: Still an impressive list. And I really like to see so many games included that I still remember from my childhood (e.g. Yie ar Kung Fu, BC Quest for Tires, Donald Duck`s Playground, Barbarian or Grog's Revenge). Did you play them on a Commodore 64?
I used a commodore 64 emulator for those. Some of the games had Trainer added to them, so I admit to some cheating here and there. The motivation behind playing them was because I had them when I was a kid. Nostalgia :) I will be doing more of the sam next year too. I have a bunch of old rpgs to finish.
kalirion: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Well, I killed Satan anyway, so that counts as beating it. Now to do it with every character, and the Cathedral as well >_<
grinninglich: You know there is also The Chest after the Cathedral and something after that in Rebirth i guess.
Yeah, I have vague recollections of The Chest, but haven't even been to the Cathedral yet. Don't know anything about a new area in Rebirth.
Darkstone

Summary: Solid non-grindy action RPG. Nothing special but 10 times better than Torchlight despite having 10 times worse graphics.

Once you get past the fugly graphics, it's an easy to learn game with fluid and responsive controls, moderate length and a very gentle learning curve. The graphics look like a low polygon game from 1997, considering Darkstone was released in 1999 those kinda graphics were already outdated by then. At least there are colored lighting effects so it does look better than most 3D games from 1996 and earlier. If visuals are very important to you, you can give Darkstone a pass but if you're an action RPG addict and just can't find anything you haven't already played, you might be positively surprised by Darkstone. There's nothing ground braking about it so this isn't mandatory playing.

This game has a select few basic but occasionally clever puzzles which is a welcome change of pace from all the brainless mouse clicking - unless you absolutely hate puzzles, but it's only a minor aspect of the gameplay in Darkstone. The only time the game made me almost want to quit was when I had to search an entire dungeon for eyeball-sized "ocular orbs". You need several of those to complete a main quest puzzle, the puzzle in itself isn't rocket science but Darkstone does -not- have item highlighting and it's rather hard to spot small items on the ground. Sure, the orbs are inside a treasure chest and you usually get a sound effect if you find something important - if you find. When you open a chest, the loot drops on the floor and I often had to zoom in to spot the objects. Going back through the multi-level dungeon just to find one eyeball object wasn't fun at all. It's poor game design when you force the player to sweep a dungeon 100% and open each and every single treasure chest because a main quest item is inside there somewhere. Fortunately, dungeons are fairly compact in this game so you're not going to have any Daggerfall-moments here where you'll be completely lost.

Main quest items aren't marked any different from non-essential side quest items so you often don't know whether to pick up something or not. I ended up laying all my items on the ground in the middle of the village, luckily no one cares and the game saves the location of every item so no worries about losing stuff when you save and reload. No annoying inventory tetris with the town stash, that's a plus. It's a bit of a hassle having to lay out all your stuff on the village ground but it works.
My main complaint with the game is that there are no permanent portals. You can open a magic door anywhere and get to town and back, but if you want to go from the town to the dungeon entrance then you have to walk through the entire map. Outside the village, there are 4 maps so if you're at the bottom of a dungeon in the 4th land and want to go back to the surface, you either walk back up through the entire dungeon or teleport to town and walk through all the surface maps. The latter option is quicker as maps are compact but it does take a couple minutes and if you have no patience for old school game mechanic flaws like that, your patience will be put to the test unnecessarily. Then again, if you can tolerate the crappy graphics to begin with you're surely at least old enough to have played Playstation 1 era games that weren't always user friendly.

Replay value is limited, there are different puzzles every time one starts the game but imho there isn't enough depth to this game to warrant more than one playthrough, unless you're really bored or completion-obsessed. With each playthrough, you are getting one of 3 versions for every main quest so there's a 33% chance for getting the same quests. When I restarted the game in the next difficulty, my first main quest was promptly the same as on my first playthrough.
In terms of difficulty, you start out in normal difficulty just like Diablo 2 and it's comfortable and easy going, even the final boss isn't hard to beat. I did have a very nice vampire sword for my amazon though and haven't compared how the other characters play. In that regard, this isn't a full detailed review as I've only completed the game with one character class. There's a male and female version of each of the classes but they're only different in name, stats are the exact same. The 4 classes include a warrior class (warrior/amazon), a rogue class (assassin/thief), a mage class (wizard/sorceress) and a cleric class (monk/priestess).

If you haven't played NOX yet, I highly recommend picking up NOX instead. Darkstone doesn't quite get the "classic gem" stamp approval from me due to some minor grievances (mainly concerning the backtracking) but if you can look past the non game breaking flaws it has, there's a neat little action RPG that has held up surprisingly well in terms of controls & combat. Don't expect anything that can rival Diablo here, Darkstone beats the competition only in terms of puzzles and puzzles might not be what most action RPG players value as essential so I'm not going to mark this as a must have game in any regard.

PS: Forgive me for the complete lack of structure in this review usually not my style but I have no energy to edit this into a more concise format, I hope it's useful nonetheless.

Full list

EDIT: I didn't complete Darkstone on any of the higher difficulties because item repair costs were starting to grow sky high and there isn't quite enough gold in the game to maintain your economy. Unless you switch to cheaper equipment but then the combat is more tedious so it's going to be a hassle either way. If you don't mind having to loot every monster and sell everything including their grandma's panties in the village shops then the higher difficulties will be fun for you.
On your initial playthrough (in normal mode by default) this isn't so much an issue, you still have to collect and sell loot if you want expensive stuff but you can get by without high end gear, only the final boss requires you to have some decent gear but by that time you should have enough gold anyway unless you've spent too much on upgrading redundant weapons & armor at the blacksmith's.
Post edited December 09, 2014 by awalterj
awalterj: Darkstone

Summary: Solid non-grindy action RPG. Nothing special but 10 times better than Torchlight despite having 10 times worse graphics. <snip>
(Seemed more relevant to reply here rather than the Torchlight vs D3)

From your review of the game, the UI needs a little tweaking and so does fast travel. Which means the rest of the game was fairly solid, and that's good. My only real experience with Darkstone is the PS1 version, where the view had to be rotated by pressing down on the triangle button before using the Dpad (Might be different if you had two analog sticks). Wouldn't take much to remove the issues.
Diablo 3 + Reaper of Souls

Initially it was compelling, during Act II I was racing around trying to advance the story and hooked but got less interesting as it proceeded with the plot feeling disjointed and most battles relatively easy even on hard. The plot in Act I was a highlight and lulls until Act V, Reaper of Souls , which just about redeemed the whole mess of a core game. It wasn't until Act V (Reaper of Souls) that gameplay got really interesting with crazy enemy mobs and intense boss battles. Some of the "plot" lines are cheap, just follow a narrow corridor and stumble on some pivotal item. At times I got disillusioned with the gameplay but then remembered how many crazy GB of space Diablo 3 seems to take up so wanted to hurry up and finish it to clear the room. Having finally mastered the initial campaigns I immediately deleted it without much motive to go back. I liked it better when it was just a Diablo game, ultimately worth the discounted price I paid for it. When things got hard, just had to grind a bit more.
Post edited December 09, 2014 by undeadcow
Just finished Crusade No Remorse.

The Ultima engine was really not designed for this type of shooty shooty runny ruuny business. It tends to chug when a lot of shit gets blown up at the same time. The character movement takes a bit of getting used to but its not too bad especially considering the era it came from. The music is as great now as it was when I first played it as a kid, unique tracks with only a couple of duds. I'd forgotten how colorful games used to be, including action games. Juxtaposed with any moden shooter you would swear it was made for kids simply because of its color palette or use thereof (Im looking at you COD). Of course FMV cheesiness just adds to the fun.
So far I've finished Botanicula, Machinarium, Sir You Are Being Hunted, Kingdom Rush, Steamworld Dig, Pixeljunk Monsters, Pixeljunk Shooter, Gomo, Unmechanical, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, and I think that's it ...
At last I finished Divinity 2 Developer's Cut (included the expansion).
This ActionRPG was really fun to explore and battle. Also changing the dragon was excellent!
Although the later part of the game was a bit tough and the ending was just meh.

My LIst
Post edited December 09, 2014 by yoshino
Can Civilization V be truly completed? I have managed about 3 victory types in 6 different play-throughs. Time the change to another game. Age of Wonders 3 is a contender, but I suck at it (as far I see it, after playing the first map).
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei II
Shin Megami Tensei III:Nocturne
Persona 3 FES
Persona 4
Soul Hackers
Super Robot War J
Dark Souls
Thief:Gold
The Witcher
Pokemon X
Fire Emblem:Awakening