It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Two shorter games from the weekend. Was planning to finish at least on more game, but ended up using most of my time on FTL.

KRUNCH
This seems to have become my favourite genre now. Tough as nails (puzzle) platformer that looks like a C64 game. In vein of VVVVVV, Super Meat Boy, N+, Love +, Hero Core and so on. Played KRUNCH way back on Desura, but only got to half way through the game. I think the problem back then was that there was no controller support or so. Anyway fired it up on Steam and managed to beat the game now. Only(!) got like 500 deaths in the end. Great game, but not for everyone for sure. Objective is very simple, get to the exit as soon as possible. Short levels and pretty much everything is trying to kill you. With chiptune music and very simple graphics. Works like a charm for me!

Spy Mouse
Spy Mouse is a Android game made by EA. And most importantly, it doesn't suck. This is because the game is couple of years old and there are zero IAP's and other moronic tropes that the EA recent games have. Game is basically a puzzle stealth game that gets quite devious at some point. Spy Mouse as the name implies is presented in comical spy style, which actually works quite well. And even if the presentation and theme might make the game seem like a game is for children there is actually lots of challenge as well. Can't believe I am praising an EA mobile game here.
kalmis666: KRUNCH
This seems to have become my favourite genre now. Tough as nails (puzzle) platformer that looks like a C64 game. In vein of VVVVVV, Super Meat Boy, N+, Love +, Hero Core and so on. Played KRUNCH way back on Desura, but only got to half way through the game. I think the problem back then was that there was no controller support or so. Anyway fired it up on Steam and managed to beat the game now. Only(!) got like 500 deaths in the end. Great game, but not for everyone for sure. Objective is very simple, get to the exit as soon as possible. Short levels and pretty much everything is trying to kill you. With chiptune music and very simple graphics. Works like a charm for me!
There's controller support now? Interesting, I might give it another try then. Played it when it came out, but gave up, because of the poor keyboard control (which felt inaccurate ans sloppy).
Post edited April 07, 2014 by PaterAlf
07.04.2014 - Baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Bhaal (+Ascension mod).
Damn, I forgot how logn and how good those games are. It wasn't my first playthrough, but this time I had enough patience to finish romance quest (and change Viconia's alignment in the process), mess with TOB-New-NPC (yes, the spoilerish one) worldview and probably get closer to 100%-ing the game than ever.
Now I want more AD&D... I guess it's Neverwinter Nights series next :)
PaterAlf: There's controller support now? Interesting, I might give it another try then. Played it when it came out, but gave up, because of the poor keyboar control (which felt inaccurate ans sloppy).
Yup, used 360 controller myself and it worked straight away.
Finished Dead Space and loved it. Good science fiction story, plenty of action and tension throughout. This is only the second game I've finished this year so far but I've been pretty busy with World of Warcraft and have taken up EverQuest again as well. I think I'm going to take a stab at Far Cry 2 next and see how I like it.
I just finished Might and Magic 4-5 World of Xeen.
After finished MM3 in January, I continue to playing the series.
I enjoyed this game a lot. The game has a lot of adventures and challenging enemies and dungeons!! Finally beat both games in level 90 Paladin, Barbadian, Ninja, Archer, Cleric, Mage party.

My List
Finished Metro Last Light. Overall a good FPS that is very pretty. The actual shooting feels satisfying for the most part and the levels vary between indoors and outdoor environment. The stealth is much better than in 2033 and works well - though it makes the game a bit easy. In fact I found the difficulty to be off - on Normal I hardly died during the first half of the game and then in the second half I died all the freaking time.

Overall a very good game if you have the rig to run it.
Post edited April 08, 2014 by jepsen1977
Knights & Merchants Steam Key: 88VIN-YHL8G-WJ7T0
rong44: Knights & Merchants Steam Key: 88VIN-YHL8G-WJ7T0
Wow, that was unclaimed for a long, long time. Thanks!
rong44: Knights & Merchants Steam Key: 88VIN-YHL8G-WJ7T0
DProject: Wow, that was unclaimed for a long, long time. Thanks!
You're welcome
Agarest generations of War
Bioshock Infinte
Tomb Riader (2013)
Sly Cooper
Sly Cooper 2
Sly Cooper 3
Tomb Raider: Legend
Sly Cooper 4
yoshino: I just finished Might and Magic 4-5 World of Xeen.
Are there strong ties between M&M3 and M&M4-5 or are they quite independent of each other, story-wise?
Post edited April 09, 2014 by Leroux
yoshino: I just finished Might and Magic 4-5 World of Xeen.
Leroux: Are there strong ties between M&M3 and M&M4-5 or are they quite independent of each other, story-wise?
As a story, both are independent except a few mention about the ancients and such, which are actually a fan service for old fans.
The game system are almost identical. So if you played 3 or 4-5, playing the other game is easy too.
yoshino:
Thanks!
09.04.2014 - Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum

I decided to finally play the series while waiting for Tesla Effect. I wanted to play them in order, but Mean Streets' driving once again pulled me away from it. So, Martian Memorandum. Finished.
What I liked: setting, characters, plot (pretty Total Recall-ish), faux-FMV.
What I didn't like: dead ends (or alternative solutions I missed?), trial and insta-death puzzles (quicksand, I'm looking at you), unfair traps (well, I know, that's how traps work but, you know, save often :)) and most of all - idiotic, shitty, worthless maze puzzle! :)
Overall I enjoyed the game (but I admit, I had to cheat at some points) and now I'm eager to play Under a Killing Moon :)
Post edited April 09, 2014 by Novotnus