It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jdjones1966: I just finished Dishonored and what a great friggin game! 23 hours of pure unadulterated gaming joy. I was trying different games in my backlog and stumbled across this and it easily makes my top 10 of all time. Great graphics, enough open world to be interesting, and so many choices and options that replay-ability is most definitely in the future plans. Arkane did a fantastic job of listening to fans during the development process and it paid off in spades. I can't wait to get back to it and try to achieve the Ghost status to the end. Simply put, if you haven't tried it, do so.
Agreed! I think Dishonored is one of the best AAA games of the last few years, and ghosting it from start to finish with few (or better, none at all) takedowns is pure pleasure. That way, you're forced to cleverly make your way trough the levels by wisely combining your powers and skills.
If you haven't already played them, I recommend you and [url=http://www.gog.com/game/deus_ex]Deus Ex: Arkane admitted they were their main source of inspiration, and I think that they are still among the best games ever made (by far). If you liked Dishonored, you'll LOVE those two for sure.
Minor spoiler below.

A month passed, another game finished: The Witcher 2, Roches path. A fantastic game, my hopes are high for The Witcher 3. I only wonder what happened to Aryan La Valette after Loc Muinne. He probably fled, and given that he likes honour and is a good fighter, he will fight against the Nilfgaardens. Which makes it likely that he'll return in The Witcher 3.

Once I have a good computer (I played this on the lowest setting, with a lower than standard resolution. I quite managed though, except for the Kayran and Draug boss fights), I will surely replay this, this time following Iorveth.

Full list
Magicians & Looters

Fun metroidvania and I loved the humorous writing.
high rated
Include me, please.

The Blackwell Legacy
Blackwell Unbound
Blackwell Convergence
Blackwell Deception
The Blackwell Epiphany
The 7th Guest
Quest For Glory I: So You Want to Be a Hero

7/12/14
Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter
Space Quest II: Vohaul's Revenge
Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon

Added 11/2/14 (because I can't remember completion dates):
Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey
Dreamscapes: The Sandman - Collector's Edition
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
Costume Quest
Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - 20th Anniversary Edition
The Journey Down - Chapter 1
Post edited November 02, 2014 by penumbren
Gray Matter

Why am I finishing this when I have work in two hours? Cuz I caught the finish-this-game fever, *achoo* Not every game gets one like this, but this one was quite awesome. I am pretty convinced at this point that JJ knows how to write awesome protagonists, and the rest of the cast of characters was lovely as well.

Nice story, really nice suspense, a little predictable and very cheesy, I loved it! Did I mention that it was cheesy? Like seriously, dude, you want to me to do what so you can do what for your dead wife? Good grief. I mean, whatever, it was like a B-movie, not bad at all for relaxed fun.

And loved the music. Can I play a sequel now?
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Awesome. It has every 80's B-action movie cliché tied into one tight package: over the top violence (especially at the end), ridiculous sci-fi plot, ridiculous characters, stupid one-liners, awesome synth music (which I think was the best part) - hell, even a montage. It's extra awesome they got Michael Biehn to voice the protagonist: I really like him for some reason and his casting ties the game even deeper into its 80's roots. The game was surprisingly short: it only took me about 4 hours to finish it (granted, I did only a few of the side missions). There's only like 5 main missions, so theoretically the game isn't any longer than the average action movie if you rush through it. I'm also not sure why it has to have Far Cry 3 in the title, since the game shares almost nothing with the main title. Sure, it runs on the same engine and has similar gameplay mechanics, but that's literally all. Anyway, a great game for those who grew up with those mindless B-action movies of the 80's. I wish they did more games like this, that honor that magnificent era and those so-bad-they're-great flicks.
jdjones1966: I just finished Dishonored and what a great friggin game! 23 hours of pure unadulterated gaming joy. I was trying different games in my backlog and stumbled across this and it easily makes my top 10 of all time. Great graphics, enough open world to be interesting, and so many choices and options that replay-ability is most definitely in the future plans. Arkane did a fantastic job of listening to fans during the development process and it paid off in spades. I can't wait to get back to it and try to achieve the Ghost status to the end. Simply put, if you haven't tried it, do so.
Yes! This! I bought the GOTY during a sale a couple years ago for like $3 and didn't really think much of it, just thought I got an awesome deal (93% off). But then I played it and was totally caught off guard about how good it was. On my top 10 as well.
I finished Downfall a few minutes ago. I mostly enjoyed it, but there were three or four puzzles that left me wandering around the hotel/city completely lost for large amounts of time, due in part to confusion about what the puzzle actually was, random glitches and trying to find the correct part of the screen to click on. Still it's a good game and established some interesting lore that carried over to The Cat Lady.
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Nice puzzle/enigmas game. I'm not very fond of that kind of games, but Sherlock Holmes is a special character, so I thought I could give it a try. Bought it in a bundle, God knows when... ^_^

Not disappointed by the game. I haven't played the precedent games of the series, but that one was enjoyable, with quite good visuals and a good control scheme, which lets you alternate between several points of view ; that can help when you try to find what you've missed before!
The story is good, although nothing revolutionary. Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson are true to their characters in the Conan Doyle's books, and that's pretty much what I wanted.

Of course, I had to walkthrough some enigmas, since i'm not big on solving them. But still, most of the puzzles were logical (which doesn't mean easy ^^)

So, a good game. Special thumbs up to the en roll credits, which might be among the shortest I've ever seen in a video game and still among the most dynamic, a mix between Kill Bill and the Adventures of Young Sherlock, maybe ! ;)

So far in 2014 : http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
Post edited July 11, 2014 by xa_chan
Just finished Bioshock. The rest of the game pretty much affirmed the initial impressions I posted on the forum a couple of days ago. I'd like to add that I'm amazed that in 7 years 2K have not managed to get the sound to work properly. I noticed all sorts of glitches, mostly sounds being completely "swallowed" by the game (for example, when you walk, the sound of your footsteps will drown out a blaring alarm).
fronzelneekburm: Just finished Bioshock. The rest of the game pretty much affirmed the initial impressions I posted on the forum a couple of days ago. I'd like to add that I'm amazed that in 7 years 2K have not managed to get the sound to work properly. I noticed all sorts of glitches, mostly sounds being completely "swallowed" by the game (for example, when you walk, the sound of your footsteps will drown out a blaring alarm).
We are few to realize that sound really hasn't evolved anywhere near as much as graphics in the last 10 years. Fallout 3, Thief, Sniper Elite 3, all with major sound problems. Just ridiculous.
fronzelneekburm: Just finished Bioshock. The rest of the game pretty much affirmed the initial impressions I posted on the forum a couple of days ago.
Most of Joystiq named Bioshock as one of their favorite 10 games in the last 10 years.

But other than the first stage, which had some genuine creepiness and gore to it, the game was mostly forgettable. And boring. Kinda like Half Life 2 :/
I finished 'Stalker' a week ago... and i was sad that it was all over, i really liked the game alot.
Luckily i still have to finish the 2 expansions. :)
xa_chan: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Nice puzzle/enigmas game. I'm not very fond of that kind of games, but Sherlock Holmes is a special character, so I thought I could give it a try. Bought it in a bundle, God knows when... ^_^
We completed this game on Wednesday. It is certainly not bad game and one of the better from this series, maybe even the best one. It relies on special puzzles much more than previous ones but most of them were interesting. We managed all but one without walkthrough (and we accidentaly skipped the first one but we would manage it) They were usually fun and it was satisfying to solve them and it is also possible to skip them in case one does get stuck.
The story was good, always if you follow Sherlock universe you will notice most of it being quite familiar. The child part I found quite redundant, though, and the girl in the story felt forced in there and not really explained. I could do without those parts and I don't think they added much to the story.
Graphics-wise it is once again improvement and works better in almost every aspect from previous games. It looks nice, you can choose from cameras and there were no glitches. I think it crashed once but you can save anytime and the game itself is quite generous with autosaves.

Overall The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is good adventure game and worth of checking out if you like the genre at least a bit. 7.5/10

I also did run through Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2: Retribution in last days. It was not my first time going through the game but it was first after very long time. I really like Dawn of War games but not being much of multiplayer person, I find Retribution the worst part of DoW 2. On the other game it let me stomp humies and others as Orc, so I am not complaining too much. It would be nicer if the missions weren't recycled across all races so much. This way I always lose interest in doing another race after you do one for some time.
This time I did Orcs (surprise) as I missed them somehow so far.
I enjoy this game and have very little complaints (the map recycling, much less interesting levelling of units, too small armies for WH40k, and some minor things) but I enjoy DoW2 and Chaos Rising quite a bit more.
I see I don't have it on any of previous lists so I am listing it even while I will maybe get back to it some time in the future.
8/10

Full list.
Post edited July 11, 2014 by Vitek
Vitek: ...The child part I found quite redundant, though...
To be honest, I find those parts hideous, it's as if a completely different studio worked on these parts. When I launched the game for the first time, and saw the cinematic in which the kids enter the attic, I must admit I almost immediately uninstalled the game, because I thought "if the characters in the main game are as ugly as those kids, I won't be able to stand it". Fortunately, it was not so ^_^