It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PaterAlf: Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition
Game was interesting enough to keep me playing till the end, but far from being a masterpiece. The story was good, but nothing special, the combat on the other hand was among the worst I can imagine for a RPG, a clickfest without any strategy involved (many people complain about the combat in Inquisitor, but in this game it's far worse). Best part of the game was the concept of the dreamworld (which you can use to evade enemies) and the attunements that you can use to power-up your character.
Tried to beat every enemy and every quest in the game and maybe did a little too good. In the end my character was completely overpowered and the bossfights were no challenge at all.

Complete list of finished games in 2014
Completely agree about everything on Kult, especially the combat. Script was a little hokey in some places as well. I've stopped playing it for now, but might go back because of the divergent storytelling.
The Secrets of Atlantis (9th june 11:14pm)

Ok story, good graphics, good sound but meh puzzles
PaterAlf: The twist in the end was foreseeable (the developers left plenty of hints in the game) and yet left me quite sad. Think I'm not prepared for real-life horror in my computer games.

Complete list of finished games in 2014
SPOILERS FOR AMONG THE SLEEP

What's interesting to me is that Among the Sleep portrays itself as a supernatural horror game, but the supernatural horror stuff lightens the tone rather then otherwise. Can you imagine a game that's just a toddler trying to keep away from his violently drunk parent? They needed the more traditional horror trappings to keep the game from being too grim to play.
Post edited June 09, 2014 by BadDecissions
We really need a spoiler tag...
Finished Sniper Elite V2 about an hour ago. Fun game. It was a little short, but I'm not so sure that was a bad thing. I was really hoping for a super long-range assassination, but while there was one that was pretty long, none were quite as long as I would have liked. Otherwise though, it was really fun.
Daedalus1138: Finished Sniper Elite V2 about an hour ago. Fun game. It was a little short, but I'm not so sure that was a bad thing. I was really hoping for a super long-range assassination, but while there was one that was pretty long, none were quite as long as I would have liked. Otherwise though, it was really fun.
Discounting the shot at the end the longest I could find was around 400
Now you need to replay all the levels and look for the bottles to shoot and gold bars to find
trentonlf: Discounting the shot at the end the longest I could find was around 400
Now you need to replay all the levels and look for the bottles to shoot and gold bars to find
400? That's the kind of shot I was hoping to get--I guess I just didn't look in the right spots. I think my longest was roughly 250, and that was the one from the flak tower.

As for the collectibles: I may try to find all the gold bars, but I'm not sure about the bottles. I think I found a total of five, and two of them were in some crazy spots that I don't think I could have found if I was actively looking for them. Anyway, if the collectibles don't enhance the gameplay or flesh out the story or setting any, I usually don't spend the time to find them all.
trentonlf: Discounting the shot at the end the longest I could find was around 400
Daedalus1138: 400? That's the kind of shot I was hoping to get--I guess I just didn't look in the right spots. I think my longest was roughly 250, and that was the one from the flak tower.

As for the collectibles: I may try to find all the gold bars, but I'm not sure about the bottles. I think I found a total of five, and two of them were in some crazy spots that I don't think I could have found if I was actively looking for them. Anyway, if the collectibles don't enhance the gameplay or flesh out the story or setting any, I usually don't spend the time to find them all.
Finding the gold bars or shooting the bottles adds nothing to the story, just something fun to do. I am having trouble remembering the name of the level, but after you shoot the explosives on the bridge and stop the tank you have to evacuate the area. Once you are back down and outside and have eliminated the first couple of waves you head down a street where snipers start taking shots at you. You should be able to back up and shoot a sniper on top of one of the buildings in front of you for a little over 400 I believe.
trentonlf: Finding the gold bars or shooting the bottles adds nothing to the story, just something fun to do. I am having trouble remembering the name of the level, but after you shoot the explosives on the bridge and stop the tank you have to evacuate the area. Once you are back down and outside and have eliminated the first couple of waves you head down a street where snipers start taking shots at you. You should be able to back up and shoot a sniper on top of one of the buildings in front of you for a little over 400 I believe.
I know exactly which level you are talking about. I'll have to check that out. I love the challenge of trying to anticipate the bullet drop without using the Empty Lungs thing.
trentonlf: Finding the gold bars or shooting the bottles adds nothing to the story, just something fun to do. I am having trouble remembering the name of the level, but after you shoot the explosives on the bridge and stop the tank you have to evacuate the area. Once you are back down and outside and have eliminated the first couple of waves you head down a street where snipers start taking shots at you. You should be able to back up and shoot a sniper on top of one of the buildings in front of you for a little over 400 I believe.
Daedalus1138: I know exactly which level you are talking about. I'll have to check that out. I love the challenge of trying to anticipate the bullet drop without using the Empty Lungs thing.
Try it on hardest level, you can still use the empty lung but you don't get the red reticule and have to compensate for wind
trentonlf: Try it on hardest level, you can still use the empty lung but you don't get the red reticule and have to compensate for wind
I think I'll do that, thanks.
sibberke: I plan to do that, so I'll get fun out of it twice. And as the dialogue branches and I didn't see everything in my first playthroughs, the second ones will feel fresh, and I'll get the subtle references you mentioned.
Might be a good strategy :) Maybe I should do the same.
Finished Dirt 3 the other day. Must admit, did not really care for it. Not that there is anything really specifically wrong with it. Well other than the gymkhana rubbish and GFWL. I got to see the credits and played through few of the extra levels. There is still plenty to do, but as it is still riddled with the GFWL it is impossible to 100% the game, which I did with Dirt 2 (well except for any MP). Bit curious to check the Dirt Showdown game even if it doesn't have any open roads. Just like the arcade handling of these Dirt games.
BadDecissions: Can you imagine a game that's just a toddler trying to...[Spoiler]
Well, that would really be an interesting game. Not sure if I would play it though, it really might become too depressing.
Diablo II on Nightmare level.
Driftmoon, bought thanks to the Spring Insomnia Promo.
Now I'm in the middle of Age of Wonders: the Wizard's Throne - hopefully soon I will be able to add it to this list :)