It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I see Dedo going to be something of a hard nose. Hard to argue with his "Town is getting lazy" point, though.

Meda isn't doing herself any favors. Grand, empty declarations. I still owe further explanation with examples for my vote on her.

I look forward to hearing more from JMich and Flub. I've got a good feeling about Flub atm. JMich is being too inscrutable to be sorted, which I don't have a good feeling about.

Mixed feelings on RW. I can't sort through whether I'm reading him as town, or scum doing an excellent town impression. I'll humor Yog on Lift and RW. HSL is town enough that it concerns me. Going to let scum sort him for me.

Removing some of the people that I'm on the fence about, but have some good feelings for, I'm left with:
Sage103082
trentonlf
cristigale
JMich
medamiedo

Tempted to remove Trent too, which leaves a very lynchable number of people.
RWarehall: So really? When he got pushed near lynch, that sure looked like a claim in 197. Whatever happens to the Trent of "no talk of power roles"? The result I saw was utter confusion and the increased risk that some power role might slip and reveal themselves in a reaction or counter-claim. This post seems also very odd to me. Like Trent is somehow using Yog's reveal as town (and his townread of him) as a coattail to townliness.

Even if one or both of Trent/Meda are scum, there's still at least one other "floating" around...at least that's what my gut is saying. Speaking of "gut" my gut is talking again...time for lunch before continuing...
trentonlf: I went back and read post 197, yog's is not claiming in that post so I'm not sure what you see that I don't.

I also take it you have not read my post on the matter of yog's hinting he might have a power role or you just chose to ignore what I said. You should go back and read my posts again. I would list the post for you, but giving you the chance to go back over my posts will be good for you.
Whatever Trent. I guess whatever you say is right and what anyone else says and thinks is wrong. What I see from that post and the previous post became a claim, no matter what you think. He soft-claim hinted, and when he received another vote he made that post making a true claim, (So much for "the greatest of all cops"). That was how I saw it at the time. So what if he claimed doctor too later. And furthermore, he invited a lot of people to ask him about if he was really the parity cop or not. And depending on the words and phrasing they used in that inquiry, one might have been able to derive if they themselves possessed that role or not. Do you want to explain to me how that was helpful to town again?

Once again someone claiming that others aren't reading their posts. I read them. So what. I don't think what Yogs did was a good tactic nor should have been applauded and repeated by everyone. I don't think we would have been in a better position if everyone had done as you say.

I think everything Yogs did was ill-advised, or do you even read my posts like the one where I pointed out how I might have fallen into a trap by being the first to vote Yogs after his claims. See, two can use the "you aren't reading my posts" silliness. It was a great risk, and with the parity cop revealed, I didn't get NK'd. Which I guess would be fine if I don't have a role or bad if I do. But would have been horrible if Dess had fallen into that trap. And in a way he did.
It was Yogs shenanigans that Dess went after, which led to his near lynch and claim, now wasn't it? This is why you don't play games like that as town.

And its not like Yogs hasn't done similar crazy stuff with claims in the past as scum. So I stand by what I said about how you seem to be using your townread of Yogs as somehow showing your townliness while ignoring the fact that you tried to lynch the apparently truly claimed parity cop. If we had lynched him instead, we'd probably be down two more and Yogs would likely be on the chopping block.

With you Yogs and Meda trying to finish him, I'm still wondering why none of you were thinking ahead to whether it really was a good idea to lynch Dess after his claim. I know it's blasphemy, but I didn't see that much issue with a no-lynch over finishing off a claimed power role. Yes, the timing was awfully convenient, but it was still a claim and a claim which was true after all...

At least I did my duty and showed up at day end and did so with the forethought not to leave the forum empty with someone dangling at L-1 where scum could decide to "take it or leave it".
trentonlf: I went back and read post 197, yog's is not claiming in that post so I'm not sure what you see that I don't.

I also take it you have not read my post on the matter of yog's hinting he might have a power role or you just chose to ignore what I said. You should go back and read my posts again. I would list the post for you, but giving you the chance to go back over my posts will be good for you.
RWarehall: Whatever Trent. I guess whatever you say is right and what anyone else says and thinks is wrong. What I see from that post and the previous post became a claim, no matter what you think. He soft-claim hinted, and when he received another vote he made that post making a true claim, (So much for "the greatest of all cops"). That was how I saw it at the time. So what if he claimed doctor too later. And furthermore, he invited a lot of people to ask him about if he was really the parity cop or not. And depending on the words and phrasing they used in that inquiry, one might have been able to derive if they themselves possessed that role or not. Do you want to explain to me how that was helpful to town again?

Once again someone claiming that others aren't reading their posts. I read them. So what. I don't think what Yogs did was a good tactic nor should have been applauded and repeated by everyone. I don't think we would have been in a better position if everyone had done as you say.

I think everything Yogs did was ill-advised, or do you even read my posts like the one where I pointed out how I might have fallen into a trap by being the first to vote Yogs after his claims. See, two can use the "you aren't reading my posts" silliness. It was a great risk, and with the parity cop revealed, I didn't get NK'd. Which I guess would be fine if I don't have a role or bad if I do. But would have been horrible if Dess had fallen into that trap. And in a way he did.
It was Yogs shenanigans that Dess went after, which led to his near lynch and claim, now wasn't it? This is why you don't play games like that as town.

And its not like Yogs hasn't done similar crazy stuff with claims in the past as scum. So I stand by what I said about how you seem to be using your townread of Yogs as somehow showing your townliness while ignoring the fact that you tried to lynch the apparently truly claimed parity cop. If we had lynched him instead, we'd probably be down two more and Yogs would likely be on the chopping block.

With you Yogs and Meda trying to finish him, I'm still wondering why none of you were thinking ahead to whether it really was a good idea to lynch Dess after his claim. I know it's blasphemy, but I didn't see that much issue with a no-lynch over finishing off a claimed power role. Yes, the timing was awfully convenient, but it was still a claim and a claim which was true after all...

At least I did my duty and showed up at day end and did so with the forethought not to leave the forum empty with someone dangling at L-1 where scum could decide to "take it or leave it".
With the exception of a few people it seems the thought is mafia can only be played one way and if it's not played that way by someone then they're scummy and deserved to be lynched. I think that's what's casing so much stagnation and frustration for mafia on gog. You can't enjoy the game as much because acting different will get you lynched or berated. There's hardly any cooperation as town, but when there is town usually wins. Go back and look at the game yog's hosted where we were all at a woman's institute. Dedo, Brasas's, and Hunter saved that game for town by cooperating and thinking things through.

Did you even try to consider what yog's was doing from the start and why? No, you immediately said it was bad and it made yog's scummy. If you had tried to consider what yog's was doing if he was town then there was no reason to jump on him and push for his lynch, scum would do it for us. So we will have to agree to disagree about what yog's did because I think it was a very good play for town.

As for Day end, sorry I can't be up at that time because I require sleep for work. I stayed up as late as I could and made my decision about what to do before I had to get some sleep. The simple fact that people feel we have to wait till the deadline to do anything is another thing I find to be bad for town, but again I am in the minority on that one too. And as for the no lynch, if I had believed Dessimu I would have had no issue with a no lynch because I was not going to vote yog's. In this setup from a pure numbers perspective a no lynch on Day 1 was a viable option, but if I had said that at the start of the day I would have been berated and called scummy. But, that's a discussion for after the game because we are past that point and a no lynch is no longer a viable option.
And two more thoughts on the matter of the end of day.

1) It concerns me that the choice was only Yogs or Dess even after the claim. Not a single mention of looking at a third party. I guess I'm guilty of the same though.

2) Mostly at Trent, but if it was so obvious to you that what Yogs was doing meant he was "Vanilla" why would you be so convinced it was a good idea and trap scum. Why wouldn't they think he was "Vanilla" too? Especially after he claimed the third PR.

I guess I'm just finding all this "You are scum for voting (Yogs/Dess/Both)" to be utterly pointless when both were town. I find it hard to believe that an argument is going on about which mislynch was the "right" one to be voting for. Why do I get the feeling scum are sitting back laughing at us? I'm beginning to wonder if they were instrumental at all in forming either wagon or just sat back, watched us go after each other while eating popcorn and watching the fireworks...
Catching up...

@Bookwyrm - not sure if this was addressed and haven't had a chance to look- where you around D1 after Dessi's claim?
cristigale: [...] I'm concerned that trent re-voted Dessi. Trent is typically the first to take his vote off and leave it off in this type of a scenario. If Dessi flips town, trent looks a lot scummier than he did before. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Are you saying that he looked scummy to you even before he re-voted Dessimu? If so, what for, and why didn't you mention it earlier?
No, I mostly thought trent was town. 'A lot scummier' referred to going from a town lean to a scum lean. Still reading, not certain where I stand on him right now. Probably town...will explain when I'm caught up.
@Bookwyrm - Just to be clear, you arrived just shy of the deadline?

Help me understand this:

HypersomniacLive: Two questions:

- Do I understand you correctly that you believed Dessimu's claim?
- Does this mean that were you around after he claimed, you'd have unvoted him?
Bookwyrm627: I didn't believe the claim, for the reasons that Yog pointed out. So no, I wouldn't have unvoted him since I believed Yog was townier.

If Dessimu survived N1, however, then I'd have tried to keep him from getting lynched on D2, especially if there were two kills on N1. That decision was made based on number of scum and anticipated requirements for scum actions.
You would not have unvoted Dessi, but if he was still alive D2 you would have tried to prevent his lynch. What? If Dessi was still alive, why would he now look town to you? What changed?
Did my reading of trent and meda, and my gut tells me I should place my vote on trent. I'll have to see if it's indigestion from the donuts he's handing out or not, and I should be placing a vote tomorrow. Need to think it over a tad more.
JMich: Did my reading of trent and meda, and my gut tells me I should place my vote on trent. I'll have to see if it's indigestion from the donuts he's handing out or not, and I should be placing a vote tomorrow. Need to think it over a tad more.
As much as I would love to be the pretttiest princess I'm not who you should be looking at. You should do another read of the thread and expand your view.
VOTE COUNT

trentonlf @ L-4 - Lifthrasil, medamiedo
medamiedo @ L-4 - trentonlf, Bookwyrm627

Not voting - Sage103082, flubbucket, HypersomniacLive, RWarehall, cristigale, JMich

<span class="bold">DAY 2 COUNTDOWN</span>
cristigale: @Bookwyrm - not sure if this was addressed and haven't had a chance to look- where you around D1 after Dessi's claim?
No, I was asleep at the time. I woke up and got online with ~90 seconds to deadline, and just after lynch had been reached.

cristigale: You would not have unvoted Dessi, but if he was still alive D2 you would have tried to prevent his lynch. What? If Dessi was still alive, why would he now look town to you? What changed?
Yog's reaction to Dessimu's claim was very similar to my own reaction. The claim came hours before deadline, sure, but long after there would be any meaningful chance to do anything about it. I knew Dessimu was the only other viable wagon long before deadline; yog was sitting there with no vote competition, my vote wasn't doing anything where it was, so I finished making a second wagon viable.

Defending Dessimu D2: remember that townies didn't know his alignment yet. I considered the consequences of if he was scum versus if he was town. If he was town, then scum will most definitely want him dead, and a NK isn't the only way to die. If they can't lynch him, then they need to kill him, and sooner rather than later. If he is scum, then he has to keep giving us reads, and some of those reads are going to be bodies on the floor sooner or later. If he survives several nights, then he's scum. If the reads conflict with the flips, then he's toast. Either way, there are still at least two scum to hunt, regardless of Dessimu's alignment, and his alignment would sort itself out one way or another.
trentonlf: With the exception of a few people it seems the thought is mafia can only be played one way and if it's not played that way by someone then they're scummy and deserved to be lynched.
I think you are grossly simplifying other people's opinions. You seem to be ignoring all the reasons people have given as to precisely why they voted for Yogs, for example. The reasons went further than not liking his playstyle. I know specifically both Lift and I talked about how Yog's play seemed different than other games where he used a similar tactic. You also seem to be ignoring the fact that any tactic involving soft claims of PRs and the like, just invites discussion of exactly that. When an entire day becomes absorbed by discussion of PRs and soft claims, don't you think that stands a good chance of giving scum some information on the subject?

And as much as you are proclaiming how everyone should be entitled to play their way, you seem to be making quite a few demands about how anyone soft-claiming like that should be just left alone by town so that only scum will be caught attacking them. I'd like to see how you plan to propagate this "memo" to only townies to make this a viable strategy. And what your plan will be when Yogs rolls scum next. Ignore him for the win?

And when it comes to town all working together and agreeing with each other, which person is it should we be agreeing with especially when there are two schools of thought going on? Presumably you I take it.

We had about half of people thinking Yogs seemed scummy; half Dess and as Yogi Berra would say it, half on the fence. At the end of it all, people voted, with the exception of scum, the way they felt. What is wrong with that? Besides the results anyway, but it seems we were playing a rigged game...

The problem I'm having is whether you are saying these things out of genuine frustration or whether this is some tactic. I see enough holes in your arguments that I have to wonder whether it's genuine lack of forethought, or this is a hastily contrived smokescreen of some sort.

For now, I haven't really decided, hence my lack of a vote or intent to vote. While I suggested and still believe it's possible both you and Meda are scum, I still think it more likely it's one or the other. Heck, for all I know it could be neither of you, but you two stick out right now. I am looking in other directions, but as soon as I think I might be onto someone, they say something which looks like it may be genuine.

Hmm...I think I have an interesting avenue of investigation though...let me check a few things and maybe we can look at things from a new perspective...
So, since lynches leading into the night were town...
It sure seems like there was little incentive for scum to wake up early or really be all that invested.

I just think that maybe this might be useful:

Spent the time to be available at deadline:
Christie
Hyper
Lift
Meda
RWarehall

Honorable mention?
Bookwyrm - claimed to get online with 90 seconds to spare. Can anyone confirm a light coming on? Was also available the night before.
Sage - was online and available the night before, not as long or late as Trent.
Trent - was up quite late in the night.

Missing:
Flub
JMich

Note: All categories in alphabetical order. I don't know how useful this info is in a vacuum, but it's certainly worth some consideration.
RWarehall: I think you are grossly simplifying other people's opinions. You seem to be ignoring all the reasons people have given as to precisely why they voted for Yogs, for example. The reasons went further than not liking his playstyle. I know specifically both Lift and I talked about how Yog's play seemed different than other games where he used a similar tactic. You also seem to be ignoring the fact that any tactic involving soft claims of PRs and the like, just invites discussion of exactly that. When an entire day becomes absorbed by discussion of PRs and soft claims, don't you think that stands a good chance of giving scum some information on the subject?

And as much as you are proclaiming how everyone should be entitled to play their way, you seem to be making quite a few demands about how anyone soft-claiming like that should be just left alone by town so that only scum will be caught attacking them. I'd like to see how you plan to propagate this "memo" to only townies to make this a viable strategy. And what your plan will be when Yogs rolls scum next. Ignore him for the win?

And when it comes to town all working together and agreeing with each other, which person is it should we be agreeing with especially when there are two schools of thought going on? Presumably you I take it.

We had about half of people thinking Yogs seemed scummy; half Dess and as Yogi Berra would say it, half on the fence. At the end of it all, people voted, with the exception of scum, the way they felt. What is wrong with that? Besides the results anyway, but it seems we were playing a rigged game...

The problem I'm having is whether you are saying these things out of genuine frustration or whether this is some tactic. I see enough holes in your arguments that I have to wonder whether it's genuine lack of forethought, or this is a hastily contrived smokescreen of some sort.

For now, I haven't really decided, hence my lack of a vote or intent to vote. While I suggested and still believe it's possible both you and Meda are scum, I still think it more likely it's one or the other. Heck, for all I know it could be neither of you, but you two stick out right now. I am looking in other directions, but as soon as I think I might be onto someone, they say something which looks like it may be genuine.

Hmm...I think I have an interesting avenue of investigation though...let me check a few things and maybe we can look at things from a new perspective...
1. This tactic as you call it will only work in this setup, it's not a viable option for every setup. In a typical setup I would vote anyone soft claiming a role, it drives me nuts when people do that. And it's really only a viable option on Day 1 or maybe on Day 2, but beyond that any investigative role would only speak up if they truly found scum.

2. My thought on the whole thing is it confuses scum because they don't know if someone is full of it so they leave them alone or if they really have a role and go after them. Scum have a huge advantage this game and anything that confuses them is a benefit to town.

3. I was not making any demands, I was pointing out what I wish we had done. As I said the soft claiming only works in this setup,it's not something I would want to see in a standard mafia game.

4. In another game if yog's tried soft claiming like he did I would vote him and push for his lynch because I find it a scummy play to do that. But as I said in this setup I think it works.

5, If people actually attempted to town hunt instead of solely focusing on scum hunting we would be able to work together. And no I was not trying to imply that people should follow what I say because I am far from being town in most peoples eyes it seems. But we have to make a choice in who we think is town and actually listen to their thoughts and opinions because it takes a team effort to win this.

6. There's absolutely nothing wrong with people voting for who they thought was scum, I never said there was.

7. I am very frustrated, but I also want us to actually work together to find scum and win this.
RWarehall: The Trent vs. Meda standoff seems to be the center of attention. My first thought is could this be two scum bussing each other since there are no reads left? I'm not convinced that is the case, but one scum flip does not clear the other one...

I really don't like post #411. So much wrong with it. Seriously Meda, how good are your reads (or anyone else's for that matter) when Day 1 everyone in the game piled on two wagons and BOTH have flipped town? Everyone's reads were wrong. I find it hard to believe you are going after Trent on the grounds of "attempting to lynch the parity cop" when you were strongly pushing for it at Yog's insistence near day end.

As to Hyper and Lift, both are capable players. Last game I suspected then as a pair on day one while most others seemingly thought they were untouchable town. I'm not rushing to judgement one way or another.

As to the "reads of the dead", Yogs wanted Dessimu dead, can't do that anymore. Dessimu said lynch Yogs then Bookwyrm. So why is your vote on Trent again? Not defending Trent, as I recall seeing some things that worried me, but let me get there...
I stated quite plainly that I was not happy with either of the main wagons Day 1. My scumreads have been pretty consistent for most of the game so far. I voted Dessimu as a compromise on my weakest scumread, then voted yogs in order to prevent no lynch. Town was sickeningly inactive near deadline. I've already established that I thought yogs was ccing Dessimu and I think that's quite clear from my progression there. Yogs said, rightly so, that Dessimu did not claim in a pro-town manner. His actual strongest read Day 1 was town-Lift. Just like Dessimu's strongest scumread was trent. He was obviously saying that we should lynch yogs as the only other possible wagon at that point. I do not at all appreciate your attempts at twisting the truth all throughout your post and you are coming across as pushing a scum agenda right now.

Your trent v meda thing is absurd and the whole "one scumflip doesn't clear the other" thing just reads 100% fake so I am presuming you know alignments here.

--

Fyi, unrelated piece of meta but I never bus, y'all obviously only have my word to take here but if I were scum I would be hard defending my scumbuds, this is a matter of philosophy that I think is basic to the idea of mafia, bussing is fundamentally bad scumplay and should not be done ever, period, imo.