It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm627: I won't be blocking a lynch on a dead player. I had planned to derail a D2 Dessimu lynch if he wasn't the N1 kill, which would have risked my own head. Assume Dessimu had survived N1; the obvious logic (and already laid out at the end of D1) is that after his claim, he only survives N1 if he's scum.

If I were scum and Dessimu were town, I'd have let the doctor try to protect Dessimu while I go out and kill two other people. Target Dessimu for the D2 lynch and clean up his investigations (if necessary) on a later Night.

I put in the assumption that Dessimu was town from the point of view of entering N1. Townies didn't have proof of his being town at that time.
Lifthrasil: I see. Thanks for clarifying.

@trent: really? No lynch over lynching yogs? And that after all the talk in all the past games about no-lynch being usually very, very bad for town on Day 1? What made yogs so towny to you that you would have preferred a no-lynch with no information for town over losing him? And while you're at it, please also answer my other questions: WHY did you see Dessi as so scummy that you were willing to risk mislynching a PR? And how exactly did cristi 'set you up'?
No donuts for you! I've already said why I would have voted no lynch or not voted, if I thought both of them were town then why would I have voted either of them? I don't vote someone if I think they're town just to achieve a lynch, lynch me if that makes me scum.

Dessimu felt off to me most of he day so I felt he was scum. The fact that he claimed a PR before his lynch meant bubkis because if he had been scum he would have done the same thing.

I don't expect you to acknowledge how your scum buddy cristi was setting me up, it would make her look bad if you did.
trentonlf: No donuts for you! I've already said why I would have voted no lynch or not voted, if I thought both of them were town then why would I have voted either of them? I don't vote someone if I think they're town just to achieve a lynch, lynch me if that makes me scum.

Dessimu felt off to me most of he day so I felt he was scum. The fact that he claimed a PR before his lynch meant bubkis because if he had been scum he would have done the same thing.

I don't expect you to acknowledge how your scum buddy cristi was setting me up, it would make her look bad if you did.
The no-lynch thing has been discussed to limbo and back and and usually you acknowledge the value of a flip even if that means mislynching on Day 1. Your opinion may differ from mine sometimes, but don't pretend that the concept of lynching someone to get a flip and a wagon to analyse and information is foreign to you. Especially since town can never be sure about someones alignment. Especially not on Day 1. So we NEED information. The only persons who can be sure about alignment on Day 1 are scum.

And I can't acknowledge something that isn't there. Cristi said that she saw you as scummy. That's all.

But I noticed something: overall your tone is much more aggressive than when you play town. Usually you are quite laid back. Now you accuse Cristi of setting you up (just like you accused HSL of various things last game) and one vote on you is enough for you to state 'it looks like scum will get a mislynch anyhow' - even though there are two other players have the same number of votes on them. Quite exaggerated and a bit hypoctical, wouldn't you agree? ... Well, yes, town-trent probably would. But all in all your tone and playstyle, so far, resembles quite a bit your tone and style in the last game when you came under a bit of pressure.
Not really surprised yogsloth flipped town; I thought him more likely to be town but no Power Role, who was just trying to gauge reactions and sow confusion for scum with his actions. Also not really all that surprised Dessimu was also town; his reserved play and focus on trentonlf and yogsloth made his claim more likely true than not. At least we didn't do scum's job by lynching him.

trentonlf: Unvote Dessimu [...]
trentonlf: [...] Vote Dessimu
Since I wasn't around during the discussions close to D1's end, I've gone over those posts during the Night. Regarding yours (#308 and #318), here are a few questions for you:

- When Dessimu claimed, did you go back to re-read him and see if his claim made, or at least could make, sense based on his play, and vice versa?
- If the players around at the time had said they believed his claim, would you have re-voted him?
- Why would you abstaining from the vote necessarily lead to a No-Lynch? Did you think those not voting at the time would let it go to No-Lynch? If so, why did you think that? I know you won't vote someone you don't think scum on D1, but do you think that other townies won't either? Specifically, do you think that if it comes down for them to choose between someone they see as more likely town who quite obviously has no Power Role and someone they don't quite see as scum, who claims one, they wouldn't choose the former over the latter to avoid No-Lynch, and see how things go from there?

trentonlf: [...] Plain and simple fact is I didn't buy Dessimu's claim and I felt he was the scum out of the two.[...]
trentonlf: [...] Dessimu felt off to me most of he day so I felt he was scum. [...]
Why did it necessarily have to be a case of "the scum out of the two"? You spoke of suspicion D1, and that he didn't alleviate it, and were so convinced of it that you were willing to risk lynching the only investigative role we have. But you never shared what exactly about him was so suspect in your eyes. Not when asked to, and not when you revoted him. Even now, you say just that he felt off.
Since I didn't see what made him scummy in your eyes to vote him in the first place, and since I did ask you for specifics, could you finally share what exactly made him that suspect for you?

trentonlf: Never took that class so I have no idea. [...]
So you're sel-ftaught, eh?

Bookwyrm627: [...] Not what I would have done as scum, but it does mean I'm not going to be risking my neck trying to block a Dessimu lynch today.
I read your clarification, just want to make sure I understand you correctly - is the "I'm not going to" part meant as in "I no longer need to"?

Bookwyrm627: [...] I had planned to derail a D2 Dessimu lynch if he wasn't the N1 kill, [...]
Two questions:

- Do I understand you correctly that you believed Dessimu's claim?
- Does this mean that were you around after he claimed, you'd have unvoted him?

Bookwyrm627: [...] If I were scum and Dessimu were town, I'd have let the doctor try to protect Dessimu while I go out and kill two other people. Target Dessimu for the D2 lynch and clean up his investigations (if necessary) on a later Night. [...]
Do you think enough people would be onboard with lynching Dessimu D2?

More to follow after I prepare and have dinner.
Lifthrasil: and one vote on you is enough for you to state 'it looks like scum will get a mislynch anyhow' - even though there are two other players have the same number of votes on them. Quite exaggerated and a bit hypoctical, wouldn't you agree?
One vote?

There would be two votes for Trent if Meda had unvoted me before voting Trent. Either there are intended to be two votes on him, meaning he should be in the lead, or Meda deliberately screwed up her vote switch and didn't actually want to vote Trent.

Which do you think it is, Lift?
HypersomniacLive: I read your clarification, just want to make sure I understand you correctly - is the "I'm not going to" part meant as in "I no longer need to"?
Correct. If he survived the night, then I was going to try and keep him from getting lynched on D2 (barring something major).

Since he's dead, it is rendered moot.

Bookwyrm627: [...] I had planned to derail a D2 Dessimu lynch if he wasn't the N1 kill, [...]
HypersomniacLive: Two questions:

I didn't believe the claim, for the reasons that Yog pointed out. So no, I wouldn't have unvoted him since I believed Yog was townier.

If Dessimu survived N1, however, then I'd have tried to keep him from getting lynched on D2, especially if there were two kills on N1. That decision was made based on number of scum and anticipated requirements for scum actions.

Bookwyrm627: [...] If I were scum and Dessimu were town, I'd have let the doctor try to protect Dessimu while I go out and kill two other people. Target Dessimu for the D2 lynch and clean up his investigations (if necessary) on a later Night. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Do you think enough people would be onboard with lynching Dessimu D2?
When, in the worst case, I might only need two town votes to do it? Yes. Yes, I think that lynch might have been very possible. And even if it wasn't, either he or his targets can be cleaned up later with the extra kills.
HypersomniacLive: Not really surprised yogsloth flipped town; I thought him more likely to be town but no Power Role, who was just trying to gauge reactions and sow confusion for scum with his actions. Also not really all that surprised Dessimu was also town; his reserved play and focus on trentonlf and yogsloth made his claim more likely true than not. At least we didn't do scum's job by lynching him.

Since I wasn't around during the discussions close to D1's end, I've gone over those posts during the Night. Regarding yours (#308 and #318), here are a few questions for you:

- When Dessimu claimed, did you go back to re-read him and see if his claim made, or at least could make, sense based on his play, and vice versa?
- If the players around at the time had said they believed his claim, would you have re-voted him?
- Why would you abstaining from the vote necessarily lead to a No-Lynch? Did you think those not voting at the time would let it go to No-Lynch? If so, why did you think that? I know you won't vote someone you don't think scum on D1, but do you think that other townies won't either? Specifically, do you think that if it comes down for them to choose between someone they see as more likely town who quite obviously has no Power Role and someone they don't quite see as scum, who claims one, they wouldn't choose the former over the latter to avoid No-Lynch, and see how things go from there?

Why did it necessarily have to be a case of "the scum out of the two"? You spoke of suspicion D1, and that he didn't alleviate it, and were so convinced of it that you were willing to risk lynching the only investigative role we have. But you never shared what exactly about him was so suspect in your eyes. Not when asked to, and not when you revoted him. Even now, you say just that he felt off.
Since I didn't see what made him scummy in your eyes to vote him in the first place, and since I did ask you for specifics, could you finally share what exactly made him that suspect for you?

So you're sel-ftaught, eh?

I read your clarification, just want to make sure I understand you correctly - is the "I'm not going to" part meant as in "I no longer need to"?

Two questions:

Do you think enough people would be onboard with lynching Dessimu D2?

More to follow after I prepare and have dinner.
Was an overall feel I was getting from his posts, like he was trying to hide in plain sight. So I went with my gut read, and unfortunately it was wrong.

Would I have revoted Dessimu even if everyone else's at the time said they believed him, yes because I didn't believe him. I don't base my vote off of what others think of someone. I will use what others think as part of my consideration of others play, but it all ends up being what I think. I've been led astray or bit in the ass too many times to rely only on what others think. The only time recently where I deferred to what others wanted was in the Cult game and you saw what happened there.

My not voting would have meant nothing in the grand scheme of things except to emphasize the point that I didn't find either player to be scum if that's what I believed, but I believed Dessimu was scum so it's a moot point.

My opinion is lynching someone you find to be town just to lynch someone is a bad play, but I'm in the extreme minority on that one so I'm not going to argue the merits of it either way.
Post edited April 29, 2017 by trentonlf
Going back to D1 for a bit.

Lifthrasil: [...] But a question back at you: what do you think of yog's behaviour and soft claims? Is that really all just 'shaking trees' to you? Do you have him as leaning town or as leaning scum? [...]
Since everything else is pretty much moot now that yogsloth flipped town, I'm just going to say that you apparently overlooked the specific setup we have, the no-roles flip in particular, and thus were unable to see what yogsloth had been doing with all the (soft)claims as town-play. And you still seem to overlook it. Why is that? Do you think that playing the usual way regarding Power Roles works (better) for town in this setup? If so, why? If not, why do you think that only scum would try to sow uncertainty and confusion, especially as to who may have what role?

RWarehall: Went back to the OP, I don't notice anything in the rules that specifically says its a majority lynch...of course that's a normal GoG rule...
But I also don't see anything saying roles don't flip like Bookwyrm was talking about either...
How does rule #5 not specifically say it's a majority lynch setup?

cristigale: [...] I'm concerned that trent re-voted Dessi. Trent is typically the first to take his vote off and leave it off in this type of a scenario. If Dessi flips town, trent looks a lot scummier than he did before. [...]
Are you saying that he looked scummy to you even before he re-voted Dessimu? If so, what for, and why didn't you mention it earlier?

medamiedo: vote book
Reason(s)?

Bookwyrm627: [...] I didn't believe the claim, for the reasons that Yog pointed out. So no, I wouldn't have unvoted him since I believed Yog was townier. [...]
[emphasis added]

Does the part I highlighted mean that, at the time, you thought Dessimu also to be town who false claimed to survive the lynch?

Bookwyrm627: [...] When, in the worst case, I might only need two town votes to do it? [...]
Why only two? There are three Goons, plus two town makes 5 votes. If scum had NK-ed two townies, then we'd be down to seven of us, plus three scum, a total of ten players. In a majority lynch setup, a lynch still requires 6 votes, doesn't it?

And one more question for trentonlf before I go get my late mother's, and my neighbour's, reading glasses to make out what he replied to me.

trentonlf: T[...] I don't like how cristi set me up to be the lynch candidate for today. [...]
If you were not scum-reading her, and she had made the same post about another player, would you still consider it as her setting them up?

@mod - Any particular reason you list our votes in the order we signed up every time you post a Vote Count, instead of the order in which votes are cast? What purpose does this serve?
medamiedo: Cristi is scum because suspects that you may be scum?

Why didn't you believe Dessimu's claim?
Sage103082: I know this is not a question for me however I have a question based off it.

Did you believe Dess? You unvoted for him right before voting yogs and swinging the hammer.

Might want to unvote bookwyn first before voting trent.
I wasn't sure whether or not to believe it until yogs kept pushing him. The way that yogs was pushing was really town so I assumed he was soft ccing and followed. 1:1 is still better than no lynch which is why I hammered at deadline.

And thanks I forgot.

unvote book
vote trent

Book is trying really hard to townslip and seem like he's all for town's agenda, he is really just manipulative and clearly informed aka scum. Trent is fake, his reads are static nonsense, his "lynch me" is not town ate and he deserves to die.
Bookwyrm627: [...] I didn't believe the claim, for the reasons that Yog pointed out. So no, I wouldn't have unvoted him since I believed Yog was townier. [...]
HypersomniacLive: [emphasis added]

Does the part I highlighted mean that, at the time, you thought Dessimu also to be town who false claimed to survive the lynch?
Yog wasn't confirmed town. Dessimu wasn't confirmed scum. By the time of the claim, only one of the two of them was going to get lynched. Of the two, Yog looked townier.

No, I didn't think Dessimu was town false-claiming. I figured that IF he was town, then he was telling the truth. However, the timing and particular claim were easy choices for scum to make in a similar situation.

Bookwyrm627: [...] When, in the worst case, I might only need two town votes to do it? [...]
HypersomniacLive: Why only two? There are three Goons, plus two town makes 5 votes. If scum had NK-ed two townies, then we'd be down to seven of us, plus three scum, a total of ten players. In a majority lynch setup, a lynch still requires 6 votes, doesn't it?
12 players to start. 11 alive after D1 lynch, 9 alive after 2 NKs. 9 alive means 5 for majority. 3 goons + 2 town = 5 votes.
hmm, seems a good possibility meda is working for the scum team too. No donuts for you! Now I have to figure out who is the lost townie in all this.
Let's see, I bet it goes like this:

1. Sparse activity this weekend, and when there is it will be minimal content from most
2 Weekend ends and we have 3 days to figure out what direction we should be going
3. town will still run around like chickens with head cut off
4. scum will sit back and love ever minute of it and get another mislynch
5. we will probably lose two more players once night starts
6. We will be down to 7 players and scum will hold 3 of the 4 votes needed to lynch
7. town will now be afraid to actually vote for someone because we will be at LYLO
8. scum will wait it out and jump on the first bad vote and get a mislynch and either win or have to out guess the doctor and win with a NK

yeah, pretty sure we are screwed
HypersomniacLive: Not really surprised yogsloth flipped town; I thought him more likely to be town but no Power Role, who was just trying to gauge reactions and sow confusion for scum with his actions. Also not really all that surprised Dessimu was also town; his reserved play and focus on trentonlf and yogsloth made his claim more likely true than not. At least we didn't do scum's job by lynching him.
I bolded.

If you thought yogs to be more likely town why did you vote for him?
HypersomniacLive: @mod - Any particular reason you list our votes in the order we signed up every time you post a Vote Count, instead of the order in which votes are cast? What purpose does this serve?
It serves my decision to have them ordered in that specific way. If someone requires the actual sequence of voting/unvoting they will have to do their own research and dig up that information. Fortunately, it's in the public domain and everyone has access to it.
Long, drawn-out Friday. Will catch up after sleep.
Lifthrasil: and one vote on you is enough for you to state 'it looks like scum will get a mislynch anyhow' - even though there are two other players have the same number of votes on them. Quite exaggerated and a bit hypoctical, wouldn't you agree?
Bookwyrm627: One vote?

There would be two votes for Trent if Meda had unvoted me before voting Trent. Either there are intended to be two votes on him, meaning he should be in the lead, or Meda deliberately screwed up her vote switch and didn't actually want to vote Trent.

Which do you think it is, Lift?
Don't know. But the point is, before that post from trent which I quoted was an official vote count. So there was quite definitely, confirmed by mor, only one vote on him.

HypersomniacLive: Since everything else is pretty much moot now that yogsloth flipped town, I'm just going to say that you apparently overlooked the specific setup we have, the no-roles flip in particular, and thus were unable to see what yogsloth had been doing with all the (soft)claims as town-play. And you still seem to overlook it. Why is that? Do you think that playing the usual way regarding Power Roles works (better) for town in this setup? If so, why? If not, why do you think that only scum would try to sow uncertainty and confusion, especially as to who may have what role?
The way I see it the fact that we don't get role flips means that one of the core tenets of Mafia is even more important than usual: TOWN SHOULD NOT LIE. Period. The only way how we can get reliable information is by flips and if town keeps to the tenet, we can read town flips as confirmation of previous role claims. If town starts lying too, then we lose one of the advantages that flips give us. That's why I decided to take it for granted that Dessimu did not lie and was indeed the Parity Cop. And that's also why I am so mad at yogs for his false-soft-claiming extravaganza. That was pure anti-town play in my eyes.

trentonlf: yeah, pretty sure we are screwed
Unless we lynch scum. That means: you.

You still didn't give a good reply as to why you were so sure about Dessimu's scumminess. Even after HSLs question. You apparently had just your gut feeling and you were willing to risk killing a PR - or alternatively to let no-lynch happen - over a gut feeling. That is not very towny.

And you also still didn't reply to HSL's other question: if cristi would have suspected someone else and not you, would that also be 'setting them up'? ... I'll even extend that question: is suspecting someone generally 'setting them up' ... or is only suspecting you 'setting you up'? What makes you so special that suspecting you - after the way you played - is a sign of scumminess?