It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Run your very own matchmaking agency or a village for newly matched couples under the watchful eye of your boss, an outrageous drag queen! Kitty Powers' Matchmaker and Kitty Powers' Love Life are now available on GOG.COM!

Until 17th July 2021, 1 PM UTC, you can buy both games mentioned above with 50% off.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
low rated
JakobFel: Who even plays "dating sim" games? Seriously, just play an RPG with romance options or something. Or, better yet, go out and experience real life.
I don't play dating sims but as they have German localization they might be a fun way to practice it with something casual and different. It doesn't mean I wouldn't play an RPG or date in real life. Actually this looks like something fun to play to have fun with a partner, compared to an RPG.
low rated
MarkoH01: I doubt that you could or even should compare two completely different genres but regarding the "better made" part: did you try those other games or is it just you feeling that this is the case? I mean artstyle is a subjective thing but if I watch the trailer of those so called dating sims it seems that they are basically a mixture of many different mini games and I'd think that it it is hard to judge how well those were made without having played one of those games.
They're both games with visual media(artwork including backgrounds), though, so I feel it's fair to compare them.

Btw: I was of course basing that partially on my subjective likes/dislikes, and also: my perusal of things like the store page media/reviews(of the games listed here)/seeming messaging being pushed/etc. As such, I thought (and still think) that The Pirate's Fate is more likely to be better than these games.
Post edited July 08, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
JakobFel: Who even plays "dating sim" games? Seriously, just play an RPG with romance options or something. Or, better yet, go out and experience real life.
Dogmaus: I don't play dating sims but as they have German localization they might be a fun way to practice it with something casual and different. It doesn't mean I wouldn't play an RPG or date in real life. Actually this looks like something fun to play to have fun with a partner, compared to an RPG.
Be aware that according to the gamecard only one game is localised into German.

GamezRanker: They're both games with visual media(artwork including backgrounds), though, so I feel it's fair to compare them.
Based on the visual style alone you can judge the artstyle (which - as I said is subjective) but not the gameplay. I am pretty sure that both are quite different.

(But I better stop posting - lost already a few rep again because of trigger happy trolls and not caring GOG)
Post edited July 08, 2021 by MarkoH01
low rated
JakobFel: Who even plays "dating sim" games?...
thefallenalchemist: stuff like Huniepop
oh yeah I played Hunie Pop but more because I was in for a 3 tiles game and I think it's the only one on GOG. The dating part was so silly, even Yakuza was better at it.
Post edited July 08, 2021 by Dogmaus
low rated
MarkoH01: Be aware that according to the gamecard only one game is localised into German.
oops, danke! Never take anything for granted!
low rated
MarkoH01: Based on the visual style alone you can judge the artstyle (which - as I said is subjective) but not the gameplay. I am pretty sure that both are quite different.
Actually, anyone can judge near whatever they want......gaming or no.
(of course whether or not they do well in such endeavors is an entirely different matter)

I feel I can get a good approximation via several factors, which I listed earlier(other online reviews, the sample media and other store page info, etc).....hence, even though they are different genres, I believe I can make a good guess as to which of the games I(and maybe some others) feel is more well made.

MarkoH01: (But I better stop posting - lost already a few rep again because of trigger happy trolls and not caring GOG)
Best not to pay such much mind......life is too short to fret about such things.
low rated
GamezRanker: Actually, anyone can judge near whatever they want......gaming or no.
And one can judge the quality of such judgement. I wouldn't say a bachata or raggaeton album is bad without even listening to it, on the grounds that I don't like that kind of music. I'd rather admit that I can't tell good bachata from bad one because I am incompetent and not interested.
And I've never seen customers of a music store complaining for an album of a genre they don't like.
Also, this is not about you but other comments: yes, I'd rather see Dead Space 2 released here, that would open my poor wallet, but I can't blame the developer of another game for what EA decides to put here, nor blame GOG for not having the permission to sell it. All the comments complaining that such and such game is not on GOG but one they don't like is are so whiny.
GamezRanker: Best not to pay such much mind......life is too short to fret about such things.
On this one we can agree
Patias: There's a reason the GOG community that participates in Reedit, Discord and Twitter calls this forum a toxic place, and this topic is living proof.

Unbelievable the level of slurry!
Twitter is legit toxic place, and has actually ruin people life over trivial things.
Post edited July 08, 2021 by SuperLibby72
low rated
Dogmaus: And one can judge the quality of such judgement.
Agreed 100%...well said

(btw: with that post I was also trying to point out Marko's choice of words...i.e. use of the word can instead of the word should...and also to point out that me calling the one game better was in part my subjective opinion)

Dogmaus: All the comments complaining that such and such game is not on GOG but one they don't like is are so whiny.
Eh, it depends on how such feelings are expressed, I think. Some (generally speaking, not just here) who do such things are just sad/frustrated/etc a game they like & want to play isn't here....and as long as they do so in a mostly civil manner, I don't see such as whiny/etc.

=-=-=-=-=

SuperLibby72: Twitter is legit toxic place....
low rated
I honestly see no problem with this.
low rated
GamezRanker: As a person into various pirate themed media and some cute furry stuff like this, I ask: how could anyone with such tastes NOT add it to their wishlists?
Because the characters in the Pirate's Fate game are not cute nor pleasant to look at, not in the least bit. On the contrary, they are very hard on the eyes.

See the game called: "Dust: An Elysian Tail" if you want to see how aesthetically-pleasing/attractive characters of this kind are supposed to look.
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Because the characters in the Pirate's Fate game are not cute nor pleasant to look at, not in the least bit.
Eh, to me they are. Btw:

Ancient-Red-Dragon: See the game called: "Dust: An Elysian Tail" if you want to see how aesthetically-pleasing/attractive characters of this kind are supposed to look.
I have that game....I like it's art style as well.

My point (in part) was that that game (Pirate's Fate) looks/seems better (to me) than these games.
low rated
WinterSnowfall: In case anyone was expecting otherwise, they will be censored AFAIK. The devs will provide an uncensor patch on their website.
Swedrami: GoG apparently is going to get both the normal and the out-of-the-box AO version of Succubus (as well as Agony?). No uncensoring patch necessary, unless, for some reason you pick up the normal version.
Does that mean there's a chance for Lust From Beyond? I mean, the game was developed in Poland, for crying out loud. David Jaffe worked on it and it is from a Polish indie developer. It almost makes perfect sense that it would be here too. What's more, is that it already has AO mode and normal mode baked into it. You just toggle them on or off.
Post edited July 08, 2021 by thefallenalchemist
low rated
UCrest: Not so long ago... parents extremely angry about violence in video games were demonstrating against Mortal Kombat or Night Trap, among the titles I remember at the moment. Prejudice has always existed due to ignorance of what we don't understand. Anyway... I'm not a fan of dating simulators, I don't find them entertaining and I don't even consider them as video games, but come on... to each his own!
Darvond: There is a such thing as dining for quality. If I wanted to eat garbage, I'd go look in the trash, yeah?

But hey! Maybe there's something over 60% of critics overlooked that really make these games float above the rest.

The way I see it, drag queens are just dragging their feet from the rest of society in terms of just letting anyone dress how they damn well please instead of making an [epithet] peacock show of things.

thefallenalchemist: All of this eventually leads to legalized prostitution which is something that has already been discussed many times by leaders in this country. It's already legal in Canada. People don't value relationships anymore, not like in the 90's and 00's. As soon as the digital age hit, all that went right out the window.
Darvond: C'mon, please. There's a separation between Eros and Agape.There's a reason why the Greeks had at least 5 words for love.

Praytell, what is so wrong with the devaluation of matrimony or singularly paired relationships? Perhaps the bonobos are onto something with their policy of making love in polycules instead of war. As long as everyone has a rubber and a sense of safe sexual practices, it seems like a good idea to let love be, no matter what form it takes.
... The end of matrimony... Pair bonding... The bonobos sir...? Yes, right. So it is then...

"All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces, bright and early for their day races, going nowhere..."

thefallenalchemist: stuff like Huniepop
Dogmaus: oh yeah I played Hunie Pop but more because I was in for a 3 tiles game and I think it's the only one on GOG. The dating part was so silly, even Yakuza was better at it.
Interesting... (Raises voice loudly) Would love to have a Yakuza game on here GOG. Why, I'd probably buy it day one.
Post edited July 08, 2021 by thefallenalchemist
Isn't it a bit strange that it doesn't include the original android version? It can't be that hard just to throw another file in.