It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Run your very own matchmaking agency or a village for newly matched couples under the watchful eye of your boss, an outrageous drag queen! Kitty Powers' Matchmaker and Kitty Powers' Love Life are now available on GOG.COM!

Until 17th July 2021, 1 PM UTC, you can buy both games mentioned above with 50% off.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Okay, but are these really likely to sell better than some of the games GOG has rejected? Maybe but I find it hard to believe. Maybe these were supposed to be released in June but there was a hold-up.
high rated
Zoidberg: tldr; If this is the GOG community, I'm ashamed at it. GOG Staff do something, closing your eyes and hoping these crass comments disappear is the worst way of fixing this.
WinterSnowfall: The number of people actually "offended" by this is rather low IMHO. It's just the usual whining and tongue-in-cheek forum humor for the most part.
I don't know what anyone is "offended" by, I just think those games look like utter shit, cheap flash mini-games collections.
Not my kind of thing, but GOG sells a lot of things that aren't my thing. I usually manage not to freak out about it though.
Zoidberg: Go out of your comfort zone for once. You could learn a thing or two... and about yourself too!
Telling people to go out of their comfort zone while simultaneously begging for censorship for things you don't like.
Not what I think of "dating sims".

This just looks plain weird.
low rated
I don't know this game not my type but Kitty Powers? That name rings a bell ... Was he - or is it she? (no offense) co-host or participant in that youtube show RuPaul's Drag Race? Something the all-knowing YT algorithm suggested as result for a totally different search, though was funny, so. :-D

On a side-note such shows are the best advertisement for diversity. No activism and social media terror of a small number of people with large numbers of bots and some real followers towards anyone not wanting to do with any of it. That's also part of democracy that not everyone must like what the other person does or accept anything and everything AND saying so. That's not me, just saying. I accept many things not discriminating against, except social media terror and proselytism. Can't have that, never will have it. ;-)
low rated
Zoidberg: Go out of your comfort zone for once. You could learn a thing or two... and about yourself too!
Swissy88: Telling people to go out of their comfort zone while simultaneously begging for censorship for things you don't like.
I don't condone hatred, sue me.

Compare the comparable or don't even bother.
low rated
Breja: I don't know what anyone is "offended" by, I just think those games look like utter shit, cheap flash mini-games collections.
The defense attorney opens a folder and approaches the judge, saying: "Your honor, I believe there is a precedent."

https://www.gog.com/game/townsmen_a_kingdom_rebuilt

The ship has sailed long ago, as it were.

Edit: Actually there are several, but I can't remember all of them. There's also this:

https://www.gog.com/game/turmoil

Mori_Yuki: proselytism
My tired eyes initially read this as "polytheism" and I was about to strike you down with Mjölnir :P.
Post edited July 07, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
low rated
We got this instead of Fearmonium?

Really? Eh, maybe we'll get Ender Lillies.
low rated
REhorror: Not what I think of "dating sims".

It look's like a flash game. Seeing GOG release a weird game like this, but not all the Tomb raiders makes me sad.
Post edited July 07, 2021 by SuperLibby72
high rated
My two cents: I actually knew this one. I haven't played it but some years ago I watched a video of someone else playing. The author used it as a mean for comedy. This is one game that I would usually ignore because I don't care about the genre but I can still get something from it by watching another person play. It didn't make me want to buy the game but it gave me some laughs.

Anyway, the more variety the better. I wouldn't expect or even want GOG to have only games that I like. Better to have something for everyone.
Post edited July 07, 2021 by ConsulCaesar
Usually if GOG is releasing a game some don't like, I think to myself (and often express this as well) - "well, it might not be for everybody and maybe not for me as well... but some really must like the game because why would they release it here? They are the marketing guys and they should know." Then I look in the release thread and see myself confirmed reading several positive comments about it. However this time I read the release thread and it really does not seem as if the community actually waited for those games or is happy that they are here. Makes me wonder if the people in the forum really are (as it is often said) just a vocal minority or if GOG smply made the wrong decision here. Time will tell.
low rated
JakobFel: Who even plays "dating sim" games? Seriously, just play an RPG with romance options or something. Or, better yet, go out and experience real life.
Dating Sims can be a lot of fun though. Sure, you can always go on a real date, but people also like to play Basketball and Football games, even though they can play those in real life with friends.

I'm not much into this kind of dating sim, but stuff like Huniepop can be fun because you don't have to worry about saying the wrong shit. If you do that on a real date, you may not only end the date, you may get hit in the jaw as well. Also, some women, if not many these days, are not as happy or agreeable as the characters in the game. Real life means that you're spending a lot more money on a person for what is basically sex at the end of the day, rather than paying a small amount for a fun game. I have to agree, dating is just a form of prostitution these days. You're not paying for the meal, you're paying for the sex.

If you're old, you won't get it. But here in the west, it's basically hookup culture now. People paying other people for sex in the guise of food. Tinder really started that.

So yeah, I like the fun dating sim games that don't require me to pay all kinds of money to bang a woman that is not interested in me anyway. As far as this one goes though, I can't say it's my thing.
low rated
thefallenalchemist: If you're old, you won't get it. But here in the west, it's basically hookup culture now. People paying other people for sex in the guise of food. Tinder really started that.
I'm an American in my mid-20s, yet that's honestly one of the reasons why I do not care for the fact that these sorts of games exist and Tinder can fly face-first into a black hole for all I care. It's one of several things in our ridiculous society that has completely decimated the value in intimacy and romantic relationships.

I get the escapism aspect and I don't doubt that these sorts of games might help a person increase their charisma when dating but at the same time, who would actually pay for that? That'd be like me paying for a game where literally all you do is swing a sword just because I want to get into something like HEMA: it may be fun for practice but I definitely wouldn't pay anything for it, especially not when full-featured games such as Kingdom Come: Deliverance have sword gameplay alongside a bunch of other elements that actually make the product worth a purchase.

But I guess it's one of those "to each their own" situations. I definitely don't get it but meh, grown adults are free to spend and/or waste their money however they wish.
Post edited July 07, 2021 by JakobFel
REhorror: Not what I think of "dating sims".

SuperLibby72: It look's like a flash game. Seeing GOG release a weird game like this, but not all the Tomb raiders makes me sad.
FFS

The fact the other Tomb Raider aren't here has F all to do with GoG (other than being DRM free store). Piotr Karwowski isn't telling Square Enix "No we don't want those game here"

I want the TR game here.

How about petitioning the people that CAN do something about it!