It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Run your very own matchmaking agency or a village for newly matched couples under the watchful eye of your boss, an outrageous drag queen! Kitty Powers' Matchmaker and Kitty Powers' Love Life are now available on GOG.COM!

Until 17th July 2021, 1 PM UTC, you can buy both games mentioned above with 50% off.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
low rated
Zoidberg: I think it's bloody hilarious that the staff implemented this troll-prone feature instead of, for example, displaying the possibility of control rebinding on a game page.

Or instead of anything else really...
my name is capitayn catte: Oh definitely, you'll not see me defending the post rating system and I'm a big fan of control rebinding too.
I don't think they implemented sh*t, they found the forum pre-made like this and are stuck with it.
low rated
Zoidberg: I think it's bloody hilarious that the staff implemented this troll-prone feature
In their defense, back in 2008 trolling hadn't been invented yet.

Dogmaus: I don't think they implemented sh*t, they found the forum pre-made like this and are stuck with it.
That's actually true, if by "they" you mean "the staff currently working at NuGog" as opposed to "the OGs who originally created this website".
low rated
Dogmaus: I don't think they implemented sh*t, they found the forum pre-made like this and are stuck with it.
From what I heard, they actually contracted the lowest bidder they could get to make a forum for them. Then (afaik) that person and GOG supposedly split apart, so GOG likely can't really easily fix/change the forums too much.
Post edited July 11, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
GamezRanker: snip
Great avatar, bro! xD
low rated
fronzelneekburm: That's actually true, if by "they" you mean "the staff currently working at NuGog" as opposed to "the OGs who originally created this website".
As said above: even the OG staff didn't create the site....it was a third party contractor.

fronzelneekburm: Great avatar, bro! xD
Thanks, bruh. :D

*page pop*
Post edited July 11, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
While definitely not my cup of tea, I certainly appreciate that the devs showed GOG love on this one with full implementation.

Wishlisted.
low rated
ShadowWulfe: ...the devs showed GOG love on this one...
Attachments:
13b.jpg (65 Kb)
low rated
MeowCanuck: ...
That pic: thanks for the chuckle :)
low rated
mechmouse: Because it was here before SEGA bought out the Studio, and I don't think SEGA can stand the pain of acknowledging GoG exists long enough to ask them to take it down.

What's disgusting about it?
Orkhepaj: everything , they style the type the intro
coffeedrone: I honestly see no problem with this.
Orkhepaj: Probably you are "taught" to accept everything
Nope. I'm a Nothing Idealist. Look that up. I don't care what people are. People are more important than you're personal biases.
low rated
my name is capitayn catte: I think it's bloody hilarious that someone has downrated all posts that don't conform to the view of "Get this off GOG right now".

Apparently that is not allowed, sorry.
MarkoH01: Everybody who simply downrates a post without any explanation imo is a coward and obviously not able to express their arguments ... or they simply don't have any. I wonder how proud they are feeling that they were at least able to press a button. Yes, I have nothing left but disgust and maybe a bit pity for those. Maybe someday they will grow up eventually and if they are lucky they might even get hired and make money ... but honestly - I doubt it.

(This is my honest opinion about a certain behaviour that has become common here on GOG ... so I am not quite sure if this post is against the forum policy or not ... but it's true nonetheless - even if it might get moderated :))
I'm not pressing the low rate button by the way. Got it myself twice. But whatever, first world problems, can't complain. And after this, another down-vote.
Edited: happened again
Post edited July 14, 2021 by coffeedrone
low rated
Since this got bumped:

There's no such thing as "the LGBT community". We did have a pedo problem (everyone does sooner or later) but we kicked them out, earlier than many other groups. Certainly eariler than many churches, or Hollywood (which hasn't even started). Please stop adding them back in.

Furthermore, please don't make excuses for gross shit by appealing to tastes of "the LGBT community". Ew, it's gross, but who I am to judge, I'm not gay. This contributes to homophobia. Please judge. LGB people are normal, and gross shit is gross, and we don't like it any more than straight people do.

Darvond: Oh, so it is related to RuPaul, the one who "accidentally" insulted everyone in transition and then tried to backpedal by posting an abstract landscape.

I'm so proud we have a game here, made by someone associated with an active transphobe here, especially so soon after the end of Pride Month.</statement made completely in sarcastic contempt>
Hating pedos is normal and expected of every adult. (No vigilantism and no martyrs, please: a speedy trial and a standard drop is all that's needed for them.) Hating pedos doesn't excuse womanface, though.

Darvond: Praytell, what is so wrong with the devaluation of matrimony or singularly paired relationships? Perhaps the bonobos are onto something with their policy of making love in polycules instead of war.
It's exactly because of this 'lifestyle" that bonobo cubs are raised by single mothers. In humans, fatherlessness is one of the most significant predictors of bad outcomes for children.

Darvond: As long as everyone has a rubber and a sense of safe sexual practices, it seems like a good idea to let love be, no matter what form it takes.
I see you conveniently forgot "everyone is a consenting adult".

TL;DR game is gross, but GOG sells strategy games where you play the Nazis. There's no ethical imperative to not sell it, just shitty curation.
low rated
fronzelneekburm: In their defense, back in 2008 trolling hadn't been invented yet. .
Now hold the phone, please. We've had usenet flame wars since 199X, and I'm certain there were trolls as far back as the BBSes in the 1980s hinterland.
low rated
Starmaker: Furthermore, please don't make excuses for gross sh*t by appealing to tastes of "the LGBT community". Ew, it's gross, but who I am to judge, I'm not gay. This contributes to homophobia. Please judge. LGB people are normal, and gross sh*t is gross, and we don't like it any more than straight people do.

TL;DR game is gross, but GOG sells strategy games where you play the N*zis. There's no ethical imperative to not sell it, just sh*tty curation.
(censoring of the above quote with * done by me)

On the bits quoted above: well said
Post edited July 15, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
Starmaker: Since this got bumped:

There's no such thing as "the LGBT community".
This is a nice take, and i like it.
We did have a pedo problem (everyone does sooner or later) but we kicked them out, earlier than many other groups. Certainly eariler than many churches, or Hollywood (which hasn't even started). Please stop adding them back in.
What exactly did you kick them out of?
Furthermore, please don't make excuses for gross shit by appealing to tastes of "the LGBT community". Ew, it's gross, but who I am to judge, I'm not gay. This contributes to homophobia. Please judge. LGB people are normal, and gross shit is gross, and we don't like it any more than straight people do.
I don't think anyone uses "they're gay" for an excuse for not kink-shaming. People just don't link kink shaming.
Darvond: Oh, so it is related to RuPaul, the one who "accidentally" insulted everyone in transition and then tried to backpedal by posting an abstract landscape.

I'm so proud we have a game here, made by someone associated with an active transphobe here, especially so soon after the end of Pride Month.</statement made completely in sarcastic contempt>
Hating pedos is normal and expected of every adult. (No vigilantism and no martyrs, please: a speedy trial and a standard drop is all that's needed for them.) Hating pedos doesn't excuse womanface, though.
I'd talk about hwo there's a difference between "the different types of pedos" but i'm sick of writing things out (i never go to inappropriate detail, either) only to get it removed by the Karens that run these forums. In their attempts to appeal to gay people, they've done alot of damage to the image. Instead of actually addressing the problem, they end up invoking the streisand effect. I'd just consider GOG an anti-gay community, if I were you, even if it's not necessarily true, their indept mishandling of issues in the name of what is and isn't "appropriate for discussion" is hella damaging. It's worth stating, though, and why i bothered at all to reply, that there's a separation between pedophilia and acting upon it. There's alot going on there, and despite a large portion of the population having rape fantasies (what was it? 30%? 50%? I can't remember) and, although reasonable people will always want actual cases of rape reduced, it doesn't change the fact that it's a sizable percentage of the population that would much rather keep it in their heads than do it or let it happen to them for real, because those of us with any sexual experience knows that what sounds good in our heads usually isn't as good in reality.
Darvond: Praytell, what is so wrong with the devaluation of matrimony or singularly paired relationships? Perhaps the bonobos are onto something with their policy of making love in polycules instead of war.
It's exactly because of this 'lifestyle" that bonobo cubs are raised by single mothers. In humans, fatherlessness is one of the most significant predictors of bad outcomes for children.
This can't be said enough. Almost every person i meet with depression or some kind of problem (that they admit they have, not me having to tell them) doesn't know their father or only knew them for a short time.
Darvond: As long as everyone has a rubber and a sense of safe sexual practices, it seems like a good idea to let love be, no matter what form it takes.
I see you conveniently forgot "everyone is a consenting adult".
I can only guess that maybe the wolf's poking through the sheep costume.
TL;DR game is gross, but GOG sells strategy games where you play the Nazis. There's no ethical imperative to not sell it, just shitty curation.
IMO, i'd like a more itch.io style approach to GOG curation. They've shown time and time again that the can't curate well, as evidenced by them going back on their rejections, and doing so after a long period of time, not just a few days. They don't understand their audience at all, but, then again, they're a corporation, and the job of a corporation isn't to cater to the customer, but the average stock holder and stock short-seller.