It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tekkaman-James: <span class="bold">CatFish</span>

A cute-looking fishing/exploration game that casts you as a cat who is challenging the world-dominating fish regime...by catching them. The game looks to have plenty of customization options and loads of different fish types to seek out and collect. Give it a look!
IAmSinistar: How sweet! That does look like a cute game. At first I thought it would be a mystery dating sim based off this. :3
You like mystery dating sim? Want it to be sprirnkle with elements of horror?
See here

But I Love You
hummer010: While I'm not against the idea of crowd funding - I have crowd funded stuff before, I don't really support crowd funding as an ongoing business model (see: Double Fine). Basically, Harebrained Schemes is saying "We'd like to do a third Shadowrun game, and while we do already have two successful games under our belts, we'd still like you, our paying customers, to assume most of the risk on this by fronting us the money. Again." And despite their reputation, there is risk involved. Things can go sideways, and the game can wind up being bad (again, see: Double Fine). The fact that it is already reached it's target means I don't have to risk my money, others have already done that.

I might not get it on day one, but I guarantee I will be able to get it for $15 or less at some point, and there will be less risk for me - the game will exist, and it will have some reviews.
RadonGOG: Yeeees, you got a point. But a pretty weak one! First of all: You basically suggest "Initial Goal is all that matter". This sounds pretty strange for me. Following this way Divinity Original Sin would not have become game of the year, as it wouldn´t been possible to reach that final quality level! Following that route StarCitizen would still be a tiny game with ten star systems to explore and a ten-mission-campaign.
Second: You basically suggest that no successful developer is allowed to use Kickstarter to get their fundings. Obsidian had pushed out tons of games when they went to Kickstarter, Larian the same. Well, doesn´t matter!
Third: The risk, the risk!

I really can only come to one conclusion: You dislike preorders!
This is your personal problem, although it´s wide-spreaded. I know that there are reasons for this, but they are linked with a huge lack of skill: The lack to be able to differentiate between "good" and "bad" preorders!
Niggles: One thing to consider as well - at the basic level you get the soundtrack AS WELL (most KS include soundtrack at a much higher tier......)
Hmmmm no physical copies of the game on offer?
RadonGOG: Yep, this got trend after Wasteland II was released! Why after Wasteland II? Because they did sell them ways to cheap, eating up a lot of the budget! But others then went for "CE only", Harebraid Shemes is one of the first ones to go for "no physical edition at all"!

BTW@TE: Sorry for doing so much Semi-OnTopic-Stuff here, but it doesn´t look like there is a separate thread for it yet!
I'm with RadonGOG here; if you think the game / project looks good, there's really no reason not to back it. If the game costs $15 now and $15 when it's released, why should it matter? Well, because you'd be contributing to the stretch goals, which there are many. Just because the game has met its initial goal, doesn't mean it wouldn't still be benefiting from later donations.

Btw, arguing that "I'm not going to back this because I see they were successful before, and since they too noticed they were successful before, they feel like they should once again do the thing they were successful at before, and I don't like that" is just silly. If you think that they're deliberately handing over the risks to backers, even if they had all the money already from their earlier projects: well, seeing that Harebrained is a relatively small studio, I fully understand if they want to minimize all risks. It's a hard life for a small video game entrepreneur: if you were in their shoes, wouldn't you do the same?

hummer010: While I'm not against the idea of crowd funding - I have crowd funded stuff before, I don't really support crowd funding as an ongoing business model (see: Double Fine). Basically, Harebrained Schemes is saying "We'd like to do a third Shadowrun game, and while we do already have two successful games under our belts, we'd still like you, our paying customers, to assume most of the risk on this by fronting us the money. Again." And despite their reputation, there is risk involved. Things can go sideways, and the game can wind up being bad (again, see: Double Fine). The fact that it is already reached it's target means I don't have to risk my money, others have already done that.
One more thing I want to ask: if you don't like the idea of "risking your money", how do you usually act if a project
you decide to pledge to, meets its goal before the deadline - say, by fifteen bucks (or whatever the sum you pledged was)? Do you then pull your pledge back, because the project funding would still stay at 100% but you wouldn't "risk your money" anymore? Crowdfunding still isn't about being a pre-order service, you know.
Post edited January 16, 2015 by DProject
RadonGOG: Yeeees, you got a point. But a pretty weak one! First of all: You basically suggest "Initial Goal is all that matter". This sounds pretty strange for me. Following this way Divinity Original Sin would not have become game of the year, as it wouldn´t been possible to reach that final quality level! Following that route StarCitizen would still be a tiny game with ten star systems to explore and a ten-mission-campaign.
Second: You basically suggest that no successful developer is allowed to use Kickstarter to get their fundings. Obsidian had pushed out tons of games when they went to Kickstarter, Larian the same. Well, doesn´t matter!
Third: The risk, the risk!

I really can only come to one conclusion: You dislike preorders!
This is your personal problem, although it´s wide-spreaded. I know that there are reasons for this, but they are linked with a huge lack of skill: The lack to be able to differentiate between "good" and "bad" preorders!

Yep, this got trend after Wasteland II was released! Why after Wasteland II? Because they did sell them ways to cheap, eating up a lot of the budget! But others then went for "CE only", Harebraid Shemes is one of the first ones to go for "no physical edition at all"!

BTW@TE: Sorry for doing so much Semi-OnTopic-Stuff here, but it doesn´t look like there is a separate thread for it yet!
DProject: I'm with RadonGOG here; if you think the game / project looks good, there's really no reason not to back it. If the game costs $15 now and $15 when it's released, why should it matter? Well, because you'd be contributing to the stretch goals, which there are many. Just because the game has met its initial goal, doesn't mean it wouldn't still be benefiting from later donations.

Btw, arguing that "I'm not going to back this because I see they were successful before, and since they too noticed they were successful before, they feel like they should once again do the thing they were successful at before, and I don't like that" is just silly. If you think that they're deliberately handing over the risks to backers, even if they had all the money already from their earlier projects: well, seeing that Harebrained is a relatively small studio, I fully understand if they want to minimize all risks. It's a hard life for a small video game entrepreneur: if you were in their shoes, wouldn't you do the same?

DProject: One more thing I want to ask: if you don't like the idea of "risking your money", how do you usually act if a project
you decide to pledge to, meets its goal before the deadline - say, by fifteen bucks (or whatever the sum you pledged was)? Do you then pull your pledge back, because the project funding would still stay at 100% but you wouldn't "risk your money" anymore? Crowdfunding still isn't about being a pre-order service, you know.
Thanks for that reply! Couldn´t have stated this better then you did!
IAmSinistar: How sweet! That does look like a cute game. At first I thought it would be a mystery dating sim based off this. :3
Gnostic: You like mystery dating sim? Want it to be sprirnkle with elements of horror?
See here

But I Love You
Awesome! I just backed it, and my pledge pushed it to the $30K tier, so a stretch goal just got met. :)
<span class="bold">Conan</span> board game Kickstarter is up!!! Note that this is different from the Age of Conan boardgame, which previously also had its first expansion pack on Kickstarter.
An flying adventure exploration game. Rise from the ashes through lost ruins & uncover secrets of an ancient empire:
Igneos: The Last Phoenix - Aerial Combat Adventure Game
I would like to bring up a kickstarter project worth taking note of, yes it failed, and I cannot stop smilling at it.

Open Source Death Star

They even had the white house (USA) response to their and white house [url=https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/isnt-petition-response-youre-looking]response is quite funny

There is [url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1337941715/x-wing-clone ]another kickstarter [/url]created in response in case this kickstarter becomes successful and start to build the thing
Post edited January 20, 2015 by Gnostic
Time for retro-looking games:

A story-driven hack ‘n slash roguelike game which will involve you in the adventures of the Bergson family:
Children of Morta

FPS with a 90's visual:
STRAFE&reg;

A fast paced FPS focusing on classic run-and-gun gameplay with upgradable weapons and abilities:
RetroBlazer - 2.5D Run-and-Gun Action FPS

A puzzle platformer game where you play as a gnomish wizard, known only as Hood:
Threshold

Explore an interactive world with dynamic personality traits in this hack and slash RPG:
Elventales: A Path Foreseen

A 2D action platformer for PC, in the style of a late NES game:
Steel Assault
gandalfnho: FPS with a 90's visual:
STRAFE&reg;
This is one of the best pitches I've seen on KS.
Exploding Kittens

Funded for more than 1 million in a day. I think that's a record breaker.
Post edited January 21, 2015 by Gnostic
I am hoping that the Grisaia kickstarter would clarify if they are releasing the AO version of the trilogy. My principle is that no media should be censored, nor shackled by DRM. That is worth the $80 that I am willing to pledge for Grisaia.
Gnostic: Exploding Kittens

They do speak about 1 Million in less then seven hours:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens/posts/1112751

That´s crazy, if you remember what a huge amount of great games did fail on kickstarter, both Board-/Card- and Videogames!
A point & click mystery adventure. Guide Abigail, a ghostly young girl, in her quest to discover why she’s back from the dead:
Goetia

A successful award-winning, non-profit, fan-based webseries finishing the final 2 years of the original mission:
Star Trek Continues 2015 "Kirkstarter 2.0"
The kickstarter campaign for Underworld Ascendant will start 4th of February:
http://www.underworldascendant.com/
(They REALLY need a better website.)

As an Ultima Underworld fan I put a lot of hope in the is project already. Which is crazy.
Gnostic: Exploding Kittens

I just cannot understand the huge success of this project. Am I missing something? I'm not really into card games... I play poker once in awhile and that's about it. but even if I was... this game doesn't actually sound particularly fun.. Certainly not pay $20 for a deck, fun.

What the hell, internet?