It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This one's an easy decision. They've already reached their goal, so the game will likely be made. It will also likely come to gog. The cheapest backer option that get's me the game is $15, which is the price for dragonfall, so odds are good it will cost $15 at release.

End result, there's really no reason to back this one. I'll buy it after release.
Did it just jump 30k bucks in half an hour?! o.0
It´s near to 200.000 now, but that´s no surprise. Look at the price for the basic tier: It´s only 15$ and you get the finshed game for it!

hummer010: This one's an easy decision. They've already reached their goal, so the game will likely be made. It will also likely come to gog. The cheapest backer option that get's me the game is $15, which is the price for dragonfall, so odds are good it will cost $15 at release.

End result, there's really no reason to back this one. I'll buy it after release.
I just wanted to write a "fully agree to this" but then I read your last sentence! WTF?!
You clearly mixed something: There is really no reason to NOT back this one!
-you get a GOG key for 15$ -> you do contribute to the development for literally no extra cost!
-you don´t know how much the final price on GOG will look like, but you can be sure it won´t be less than 15$! So there is a chance to do not benefit financially from it---but there is also one to do benefit!
-the game will be made and it will be good. We know this from Dragonfall DC. So why shouldn´t you support them? They patched Shadowrun Returns, they´ve DircetorsCutted Dragonfall for free, so they deserve the support, don´t they?

Honestly, if you believe in the idea of crowdfuning I don´t see any reason why to not back this one!
A procedurally-generated adventure game for PC, Mac and Linux:
Moonman
RadonGOG: <snip>
While I'm not against the idea of crowd funding - I have crowd funded stuff before, I don't really support crowd funding as an ongoing business model (see: Double Fine). Basically, Harebrained Schemes is saying "We'd like to do a third Shadowrun game, and while we do already have two successful games under our belts, we'd still like you, our paying customers, to assume most of the risk on this by fronting us the money. Again." And despite their reputation, there is risk involved. Things can go sideways, and the game can wind up being bad (again, see: Double Fine). The fact that it is already reached it's target means I don't have to risk my money, others have already done that.

I might not get it on day one, but I guarantee I will be able to get it for $15 or less at some point, and there will be less risk for me - the game will exist, and it will have some reviews.
Post edited January 14, 2015 by hummer010
I was wondering when they'd announce the next Shadowrun game. The previous ones are great imo.

I think I'll support a (hopefully) good DRM free Linux game dev with $15 :)
hummer010: While I'm not against the idea of crowd funding - I have crowd funded stuff before, I don't really support crowd funding as an ongoing business model (see: Double Fine). Basically, Harebrained Schemes is saying "We'd like to do a third Shadowrun game, and while we do already have two successful games under our belts, we'd still like you, our paying customers, to assume most of the risk on this by fronting us the money. Again." And despite their reputation, there is risk involved. Things can go sideways, and the game can wind up being bad (again, see: Double Fine). The fact that it is already reached it's target means I don't have to risk my money, others have already done that.

I might not get it on day one, but I guarantee I will be able to get it for $15 or less at some point, and there will be less risk for me - the game will exist, and it will have some reviews.
I generally agree with that. I'd add that I generally back projects that I believe won't be made without kickstarter, but I don't care much for backing projects that will be done anyway. At that point, it's a preorder, and I don't do preorders.

That said, there's an exception to that: maybe there's a particular stretch goal I'm interested in, so I'll back to try and get that. The main difference between a KS campaign and a preorder (once we've reached these levels) is that in a KS I'm giving the money in advance so they can give me a better game, and I can agree to that. At least, in theory; I can't recall any case where I put that into practice though.
One thing to consider as well - at the basic level you get the soundtrack AS WELL (most KS include soundtrack at a much higher tier......)
Hmmmm no physical copies of the game on offer?
Post edited January 14, 2015 by Niggles
hummer010: While I'm not against the idea of crowd funding - I have crowd funded stuff before, I don't really support crowd funding as an ongoing business model (see: Double Fine). Basically, Harebrained Schemes is saying "We'd like to do a third Shadowrun game, and while we do already have two successful games under our belts, we'd still like you, our paying customers, to assume most of the risk on this by fronting us the money. Again." And despite their reputation, there is risk involved. Things can go sideways, and the game can wind up being bad (again, see: Double Fine). The fact that it is already reached it's target means I don't have to risk my money, others have already done that.

Yeeees, you got a point. But a pretty weak one! First of all: You basically suggest "Initial Goal is all that matter". This sounds pretty strange for me. Following this way Divinity Original Sin would not have become game of the year, as it wouldn´t been possible to reach that final quality level! Following that route StarCitizen would still be a tiny game with ten star systems to explore and a ten-mission-campaign.
Second: You basically suggest that no successful developer is allowed to use Kickstarter to get their fundings. Obsidian had pushed out tons of games when they went to Kickstarter, Larian the same. Well, doesn´t matter!
Third: The risk, the risk!

I really can only come to one conclusion: You dislike preorders!
This is your personal problem, although it´s wide-spreaded. I know that there are reasons for this, but they are linked with a huge lack of skill: The lack to be able to differentiate between "good" and "bad" preorders!
Niggles: One thing to consider as well - at the basic level you get the soundtrack AS WELL (most KS include soundtrack at a much higher tier......)
Hmmmm no physical copies of the game on offer?
Yep, this got trend after Wasteland II was released! Why after Wasteland II? Because they did sell them ways to cheap, eating up a lot of the budget! But others then went for "CE only", Harebraid Shemes is one of the first ones to go for "no physical edition at all"!

BTW@TE: Sorry for doing so much Semi-OnTopic-Stuff here, but it doesn´t look like there is a separate thread for it yet!
Post edited January 14, 2015 by RadonGOG

Well this is different from the other kickstarter games that ask fans to fund the game entirely.

Without fans support the game will be made with their own money, but with less quality and only 12 hours game play. With fans funding, the game quality will go to the next level.

There is little risk to the fans and much to gain unlike other kickstarter which depends on fans wallet entirely. I would rather not they go to a publisher for extra funding to improve the game, and they we see the new Shadow run in DRM, DLC, regional lock / censor and whatnot. If they went the publisher route, do you think they can give free upgrade for people who bought the DLC to become Dragon Fall Director Cut?
<span class="bold">The Dark Inside Me</span>

Psychological horror adventure game from a horror movie director based on dynamic scenario.
<span class="bold">CatFish</span>

A cute-looking fishing/exploration game that casts you as a cat who is challenging the world-dominating fish regime...by catching them. The game looks to have plenty of customization options and loads of different fish types to seek out and collect. Give it a look!
Tekkaman-James: <span class="bold">CatFish</span>

A cute-looking fishing/exploration game that casts you as a cat who is challenging the world-dominating fish regime...by catching them. The game looks to have plenty of customization options and loads of different fish types to seek out and collect. Give it a look!
How sweet! That does look like a cute game. At first I thought it would be a mystery dating sim based off this. :3
hummer010: This one's an easy decision. They've already reached their goal, so the game will likely be made. It will also likely come to gog. The cheapest backer option that get's me the game is $15, which is the price for dragonfall, so odds are good it will cost $15 at release.

Actually part of the reason Dragonfall-Director's Cut launched at $15 was that it was previously released as a DLC / expansion for Shadowrun Returns (and the price of the expansion version was $15)... so it wouldn't have made since to charge more for the DC, when they had decided to give everyone who bought the DLC or backed the KS the Director's Cut for free. Shadowrun Returns launched at $20 IIRC, and I could see them launching Hong Kong at $20 or so (especially if a lot of stretch goals are reached, which will increase the average gameplay time considerably). So you very well could be getting the game for a discount if you back at $15.

But really, the main incentive to back is to help make the game bigger and better. They have a lot of stretch goals they are working towards which will enhance the game and add more content and features. Now sure, $15 seems like an almost negligible amount when the stretch goals are space at least $50 K apart, but well, it all adds up.

*Also, you get mp3 downloads of the Soundtrack with the $15 tier.. which may or may not interest you, but still it's another potential incentive to back the Kickstarter.

But I know some people just don't really look at crowdfunding as a way to support the development so much as a way for them to get deals; whether it's getting the game for dirt cheap at release or collectibles that they hope to sell for a profit... For me, I'm happy to put up a reasonable amount of money to support the developer of an CRPG from a developer whose games seem to keep getting better. $15 really ain't much; even if you make minimum wage that's like 2 hours work for a game that will probably give you well over a dozen hours of enjoyment.. and probably have considerable replay value.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by daveyd
An episodic fantasy adventure game where you transform the realm of Chora through music's hidden power:
Maestros of the Anthymn