It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: Offline is errands.

Offline is Walmart, the urge to drink and the urge to kill.
Amusingly enough, those two urges tend to happen most frequently while at a Walmart as well. -laughs-

Speaking of, saw the most screwed up comparison of items while there a couple days ago.

I'm killing time in the electronics section, as I pretty much always do since Walmart doesn't have anything else that interests me, and what do I see but a boxed set of Cowboy Bebop.
Was quite pleasantly surprised by that.

Then, I go to look at games, and I see a Duck Dynasty game.
"Okay," I thought, "shovelware's always around. I'm not surprised."

But then, I take a closer look. The Duck Dynasty game was put out for the X-Box One.

What kind of rat bastard psychotic makes a Duck Dynasty game for what's supposed to be current gen, the supposed current peak of video games?

And then I looked at the price. It wasn't 10, or 20. They want 40 dollars for that piece of shit.

Living in a world where the splendor of Cowboy Bebop and the inbred, trailer park, fuck dungeon where transients are held to be tortured with implements made solely out of half-rusted Budweiser can metal-level madness of a current-gen Duck Dynasty game exist in the same space is hurting my head a bit, quite honestly.
innocuous77: There are too many things wrong with this...

Wal-Mart has an electronics section now? (I haven't been in one in decades)

Duck Dynasty (emphasis on the Nasty) is a game? Unless it's shooting bible references at Uncle Phiz or whatever the heck his name is, I can't see it. Maybe my imagination is limited...

$40? for x-box 1? HAAAA

I think I get it - they're trolling idiots. That's their business model.

Other than that, I've got nothing:)
Oh yes, they have one. It's pretty much my refuge every time I have to step foot in the gods-forsaken place.
Well, that and having a phone that can play music really loudly. I bring my heavy computer headphones along, then blast something loudly enough that the phone puts out a silly warning about hearing loss at high volume levels.

Every time I see that, I want to tell the phone, "If you were going to Walmart, you'd wish for deafness too. Now shut the fuck up and play my music louder."

I could look to see what kinds of fetid shit the game contains, but then I'm reminded of a pen and paper game named Call of Cthulhu.
In it, player characters suffer sanity damage in response to witnessing horrible things.
I took enough of that seeing the box, so I shudder to think how much I'd lose actually digging into the particulars of that abomination.

And yes, I am not kidding. Forty dollars. Dark Souls 2 was right above it for 30, and when I noticed that, I kinda wanted to scream.
innocuous77: Agreed - with me, that will only end in a mess.
Never! Although I looked horrible in evil within when there was fire and that Laura with many hands.
CarrionCrow: Oh yes, they have one. It's pretty much my refuge every time I have to step foot in the gods-forsaken place.
Well, that and having a phone that can play music really loudly. I bring my heavy computer headphones along, then blast something loudly enough that the phone puts out a silly warning about hearing loss at high volume levels.

Every time I see that, I want to tell the phone, "If you were going to Walmart, you'd wish for deafness too. Now shut the fuck up and play my music louder."

I could look to see what kinds of fetid shit the game contains, but then I'm reminded of a pen and paper game named Call of Cthulhu.
In it, player characters suffer sanity damage in response to witnessing horrible things.
I took enough of that seeing the box, so I shudder to think how much I'd lose actually digging into the particulars of that abomination.

And yes, I am not kidding. Forty dollars. Dark Souls 2 was right above it for 30, and when I noticed that, I kinda wanted to scream.
I actually remember Call of <He Who Shall Not Be Named> - I was at a disadvantage because I grew up in OK.

Dark Souls 2 was cheaper? It's a better game! (Hell, so is Tic Tac Toe - minus the toe, because I'm evil)... Who the hell is their audience and how can I separate their money from them?
innocuous77: Agreed - with me, that will only end in a mess.
Antimateria: Never! Although I looked horrible in evil within when there was fire and that Laura with many hands.
Now you're just messin' with me:) You had me until Laura:)
Post edited January 31, 2015 by innocuous77
innocuous77: Now you're just messin' with me:) You had me until Laura:)
I'm always messing with people when I use survival horror in every game especially kirby island.
CarrionCrow: Oh yes, they have one. It's pretty much my refuge every time I have to step foot in the gods-forsaken place.

innocuous77: I actually remember Call of <He Who Shall Not Be Named> - I was at a disadvantage because I grew up in OK.

Dark Souls 2 was cheaper? It's a better game! (Hell, so is Tic Tac Toe - minus the toe, because I'm evil)... Who the hell is their audience and how can I separate their money from them?
Love, it was a frigging Walmart, so the selection was piss poor, and I STILL could have picked no less than two dozen items that were infinitely better while being cheaper.

I'd say that's already in progress.
Any time you see something related to that bullshit, you're watching a marketing brigade do a brilliant job of getting idiots to part with their coin in exchange for validation that being a sub-literate, delusional, racist, homophobic dumbshit really isn't all that bad since other sub-literate deluded racist homophobic dumbshits get to be on TV.
innocuous77: Now you're just messin' with me:) You had me until Laura:)
Antimateria: I'm always messing with people when I use survival horror in every game especially kirby island.
Win!
Antimateria: I'm always messing with people when I use survival horror in every game especially kirby island.
innocuous77: Win!
I did actually win that game.. it was pretty good win. =P
innocuous77: Win!
Antimateria: I did actually win that game.. it was pretty good win. =P
Shame it was put out by Bethesda.
If someone else had done it, it'd probably have less bugs and I might be willing to buy the thing.
innocuous77: I actually remember Call of <He Who Shall Not Be Named> - I was at a disadvantage because I grew up in OK.

CarrionCrow: Love, it was a frigging Walmart, so the selection was piss poor, and I STILL could have picked no less than two dozen items that were infinitely better while being cheaper.

Any time you see something related to that bullshit, you're watching a marketing brigade do a brilliant job of getting idiots to part with their coin in exchange for validation that being a sub-literate, delusional, racist, homophobic dumbshit really isn't all that bad since other sub-literate deluded racist homophobic dumbshits get to be on TV.
Love, you know I can do this for a living. I just refuse to use my powers for evil (unless the paycheck is big enough, then of course). I think even I, with my total lack of programming skills, could have out a DOS stick figure game, slapped a duck on it and made some bank.

Idiot <----- me
CarrionCrow: Shame it was put out by Bethesda.
If someone else had done it, it'd probably have less bugs and I might be willing to buy the thing.
Yeah well that game "motor" was bad but I did play it also after that I'm playing other more fun games like inkribbon evil.
CarrionCrow: Love, it was a frigging Walmart, so the selection was piss poor, and I STILL could have picked no less than two dozen items that were infinitely better while being cheaper.

innocuous77: Love, you know I can do this for a living. I just refuse to use my powers for evil (unless the paycheck is big enough, then of course). I think even I, with my total lack of programming skills, could have out a DOS stick figure game, slapped a duck on it and made some bank.

Idiot <----- me
Don't be too hard on yourself. There's always more stupidity coming along to take advantage of. ;)
Shhh... Bethesda probably owns part of my house at this point:)
innocuous77: Shhh... Bethesda probably owns part of my house at this point:)
sounds nice.. I wish I would own my apartment. ^^
innocuous77: Love, you know I can do this for a living. I just refuse to use my powers for evil (unless the paycheck is big enough, then of course). I think even I, with my total lack of programming skills, could have out a DOS stick figure game, slapped a duck on it and made some bank.

Idiot <----- me
CarrionCrow: Don't be too hard on yourself. There's always more stupidity coming along to take advantage of. ;)
You're right... I guess I should start learning how to program something other than my alarm clock and my vcr:)

BTW - you can program cats, right?
Post edited January 31, 2015 by innocuous77
Antimateria: Yeah well that game "motor" was bad but I did play it also after that I'm playing other more fun games like inkribbon evil.
It looked really, really bad.

I knew I wasn't going to buy it, because Bethesda can go fuck itself, but I was watching a Let's Play of it.

The Let's Players ultimately had to switch from the PC version to the PS4 version because it kept crashing.
They took the performance hit, kept going, but then the PS4 version was crashing on them as well.
innocuous77: Shhh... Bethesda probably owns part of my house at this point:)
If nothing else, they won't be the next Blizzard any time soon.
Their online game is going free-to-play, so it's clear that they couldn't sustain it with monthly subscriptions.
Kinda makes sense in a way. When I think of obnoxious things like micro-transactions, a company like that seems like a natural fit.
CarrionCrow: Don't be too hard on yourself. There's always more stupidity coming along to take advantage of. ;)
innocuous77: You're right... I guess I should start learning how to program something other than my alarm clock and my vcr:)

BTW - you can program cats, right?
I've been thinking about that as well.

I know I could make an interesting horror game. Only problem is that it'd be rated Adults Only in about two seconds. -laughs-

Not sure about the cats, but I'm thinking no, unless that programming is for them to do whatever the hell they want. ;)
Post edited January 31, 2015 by CarrionCrow