Witchgrove Games: AlexTerranova:
I talk with NPCs, visit shops, bar, inn, cathedral and castle. There's lore and history of Twin Falls to learn, so prepare to read.
Impressive work.) However, I'd like to suggest some interface improvements:
1. Place camera at the eye level of player character, or reduce the height of NPCs. Currently everyone appears to be twice as tall as your party members. :)
2. Increase width of the dialogue panel. It will allow to display more text at once and use wide-screen resolutions effectively.
3. Showing character portraits on the dialogue panel is a bit excessive for a first-person view.
4. Display the entire content of books in full-screen window. It is really tiresome to read a book using dialogue mode. ;)
5. In trading interface it would be better to reduce width of the items list and increase size of description / details panel at the same time.
1. There's one problem with rising the camera: Some players have hard time of navigating, if they can't see little bit of the floor and ceiling of the square they're standing on, so this is kind of like the 'sweet spot' for it, but there's FOV option to change it. I'm now just testing the size of npcs - I just resized them bigger than they were before I made the video - so I guess I'll resize them again. :)
2., 4., 5. UI is still work in progress, so there's going to be changes there.
3. Portraits are shown only for characters that you can hire, so party characters would be easier to recognize.