It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
It’s very cute with all these guys participating in a boycott thread they purportedly do not care about at all, desperately trying to distract from its purpose. I guess that means the boycott serves it’s purpose. Well done, OP.
low rated
tfishell: @anyone: where are you primarily buying games currently (if you're even buying games)? Are you buying DRM-free games on Steam?
Longcat: Why does it matter?
because it's interesting.
low rated
Yawn.
low rated
I don't know what happened to my last post, so here I go again, I guess.

Hexchild: No I'm not. I fully agree with the issues stated by Time4Tea in the OP.
Krogan32: If you did, then you would still be buying games from GOG just like he stated he was. You see... you can't be claiming that you are boycotting something while you're still buying from that same store that you say you're boycotting. You state that you aren't buying games from GoG. Time4Tea states he is. Water and oil do not mix.
Your conclusion which I've conveniently marked in bold above is a strawman, because I did not claim to conform my actions to those of others in this group. So is referring to me vs the others here as "water and oil" - whether the definition of "boycotting" you insist on using applies to what other people are doing (and whether it applies to what I'm doing for that matter) is entirely irrelevant to me.
low rated
Just wanted to check in and say I'm still here boycotting. The only game I've bought on GOG since December 2020 was one for the Secret Santa that I said I'd do before deciding to boycott. I'm still looking forward to GOG rectifying the DRM issues so I can start shopping here again. There haven't been many changes on that front for a while so I haven't really had anything to add to the thread.
low rated
tfishell: @anyone: where are you primarily buying games currently (if you're even buying games)? Are you buying DRM-free games on Steam?
I'm not buying on any DRM-enabled platform, even if it's merely an install-time DRM,
and there are no DRM-free games on Steam as all of them are at the very least install time DRM (the matter of how easy is to bypass the Steam client is irrelevant), I'm not even grabbing "freebies" on these platforms to not pump up their user stats, I don't have an account on most of them. I'm also not getting any Humble Bundles that contain even a single Steam (or clone) key (why can't they figure that out already? I told them so many times...)
when I do buy I do it on itch.io or Steam-free Humble Store releases, I don't have any real need to as I have a long list of games to play, but there's a not so short wishlist I'd purchase from if I could just because it feels nice to get a new shiny thing, even when the pile keeps growing
low rated
lexluthermiester: And it really needs too.
zakius: we need them to make this thread not needed, only then it can die
The whiners seem to be keeping it alive. Example?...
randomuser.833: It is already dead - you just don't want to acknowledge it and drag it out of its grade every now and then.

Nobody outside of this thread does care about anymore.
Nearly all who are "on the list" don't care about anymore.
Hexchild: Looks to me like you're purporting to speak for nearly everyone but you don't even bother to back up your claims.

Do you actually expect that to be taken seriously?

As for myself, my views on GOG and this thread have not changed significantly since I joined the list.
...this nonsense.

The mods need to lock this thread. The whining and CDPR/GOG badmouthing has gone on long enough..
Post edited June 09, 2022 by lexluthermiester
low rated
Again, it’s very kawaii with all these guys participating in a boycott thread they purportedly do not care about at all, desperately trying to distract from its purpose. And inadvertently increasing the activity in it by doing so. I guess that means the boycott serves it’s purpose.

I applaud you once again, OP.
low rated
Hexchild: I don't know what happened to my last post, so here I go again, I guess.

Krogan32: If you did, then you would still be buying games from GOG just like he stated he was. You see... you can't be claiming that you are boycotting something while you're still buying from that same store that you say you're boycotting. You state that you aren't buying games from GoG. Time4Tea states he is. Water and oil do not mix.
Hexchild: Your conclusion which I've conveniently marked in bold above is a strawman, because I did not claim to conform my actions to those of others in this group. So is referring to me vs the others here as "water and oil" - whether the definition of "boycotting" you insist on using applies to what other people are doing (and whether it applies to what I'm doing for that matter) is entirely irrelevant to me.
First, thanks for proving you don't know a thing about "strawman". Second, if my posts are irrelevant to you, then why do you keep replying? Anyways, I'll do you a favor. As you've already outed yourself, I'll just block you so you won't ever have to feel the need to defend that you feel irrelevant about my posts ever again.
lexluthermiester: The mods need to lock this thread. The whining and CDPR/GOG badmouthing has gone on long enough..
If it was any other forum, this thread would've been locked a year ago due to the fact that they go on off-topic constantly.
Post edited June 09, 2022 by Krogan32
low rated
If it was any other forum, certain individuals who purport to have no interest at all in a supposedly dead thread would have been permabanned a year ago due to the fact that they go on off-topic rants constantly and harass users who join the boycott and have acted in no other manner than a civilized and friendly one.

But, it’s GOG, you know.
Post edited June 09, 2022 by Longcat
low rated
Longcat: Again, it’s very kawaii with all these guys participating in a boycott thread they purportedly do not care about at all, desperately trying to distract from its purpose. And inadvertently increasing the activity in it by doing so. I guess that means the boycott serves it’s purpose.

I applaud you once again, OP.
I'm not sure what GOG's algorithm is for that, but ever since finkleroy closed his two giveaway threads, the current thread is always listed as #1 under the "Hot Topics" category on https://www.gog.com/forum, at least for me (see image).
Attachments:
capture.jpg (41 Kb)
low rated
Krogan32: First, thanks for proving you don't know a thing about "strawman". Second, if my posts are irrelevant to you, then why do you keep replying? Anyways, I'll do you a favor. As you've already outed yourself, I'll just block you so you won't ever have to feel the need to defend that you feel irrelevant about my posts ever again.
To me that seems like weak troll tactics at best, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt yet assume that you will see this post.

Feel free to give it any name other than "strawman", but you were essentially making claims about my stance inconsistent with my own views.

I didn't claim that your posts are irrelevant to me. I claimed that whether your definition of boycott applies or not is irrelevant to me. If you've actually blocked me because of failed reading comprehension, then that's just downright tragic, but it's ultimately your own problem.

I don't actually consider your recent few posts irrelevant because for once, you're trying a somewhat new approach, which means despite your rigid demeanor that the subject is brought ever so slightly further toward a sensible conclusion.

EDIT: Removed extraneous word that somehow snuck in there.
Post edited June 09, 2022 by Hexchild
low rated
lets join the perma boycott, go woke go broke
low rated
zakius: I'm not buying on any DRM-enabled platform, even if it's merely an install-time DRM,
and there are no DRM-free games on Steam as all of them are at the very least install time DRM (the matter of how easy is to bypass the Steam client is irrelevant), I'm not even grabbing "freebies" on these platforms to not pump up their user stats, I don't have an account on most of them. I'm also not getting any Humble Bundles that contain even a single Steam (or clone) key (why can't they figure that out already? I told them so many times...)
when I do buy I do it on itch.io or Steam-free Humble Store releases, I don't have any real need to as I have a long list of games to play, but there's a not so short wishlist I'd purchase from if I could just because it feels nice to get a new shiny thing, even when the pile keeps growing
thanks for responding :)
low rated
I am way behind, I thought GOG by definition was DRM free but I guess that is similar how Google used to say do no evil. I will be more careful with my GOG purchases from now on.