It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BoycottIsFutile: I'm having a difficult time understanding this movement and its reasoning.
I can see that this is partly because you didn't read through the whole thread. This is understandable, since it's a very long one.

BoycottIsFutile: In comparison with CD Projekt Red, their total revenue is 5.5x more and net profit is nearly 55x higher than GOG.com. With how much more successful this division is and how difficult the political zealots are, there isn't much of an economic incentive in the short term to support the platform.
BoycottIsFutile: Let's be conservative with calculations by assuming all boycotters are Americans who pay higher premiums for their games. If all 95 people on the list spent an average of $250 annually, that's $23,800 in total revenue / $1,430 net profit GOG.com is losing out on. Divide it by however much you think other lurkers agree with your idea. However, with this known info, that's only ~0.026% of their total and net income. It's a drop in the bucket if we're talking about a numbers game.
To some extent, this has been addressed. In short:
* People are boycotting out of principle anyway
* The boycott is not necessarily limited to this forum thread, so we don't actually know how large (or small) the movement is
* This is only the beginning, and being vocal about it is how this can grow it into a movement

I'd also like to point out that CDPR uses GOG as its main distribution platform. Even to the extent they'll use a different one, there would likely be a portion of boycotters who still refuse to buy their games, precisely because they are closely tied with GOG (not to mention some of their own recent conduct).

BoycottIsFutile: Red Candle Games has already respected GOG's decision on the matter. They've already set up their online store to sell their games independently. Why would they want GOG to take 30% of their cut when they can keep nearly 100% of the revenue it already gets from its store? Urging GOG to publish their game now makes no economic sense. It's all water under the bridge now.
This too has been addressed.

To Red Candle, it probably is old news by now, as they are finally selling the game and have certainly gotten plenty of publicity from this. For the gamers who were promised the option to buy it on GOG and then cheated out of that choice only to be given an "explanation" that looks like a blatant lie even with only minor scrutiny, it absolutely isn't.

Keep in mind, this boycott is about GOG's choices and actions, not Red Candle's.

BoycottIsFutile: Valve and Epic Are Already in Bed With the PRC
I don't see how that's relevant, but OK.

BoycottIsFutile: If you already own GOG games and are boycotting them out of spite, you're shooting yourselves in the foot. If GOG goes down, not only will some of us casual users lose access to our games because we don't backup offline installers, it is more upsetting for competition in the video game industry. Less competition means less incentive to innovate for increased market share, which is bad for all consumers.

If GOG actually goes down from this boycott, they're being incredibly stupid, not to mention I'd be surprised if any of the boycotters wouldn't be sorely disappointed by such an outcome. That simply isn't the goal.

You then go on to list some details on Devotion sales on other platforms, which aren't particularly relevant IMO.

BoycottIsFutile: You can argue for Zoom Platform, but after skimming their platform, the newest game they have is from 2009. I personally don't want to seek refuge in a platform carrying only games made before 2009 or Itch.io's pit of uncurated shovelware.
That's your personal choice. I might look into Zoom eventually since they seem to be focused on a niche that isn't getting much attention elsewhere these days.

BoycottIsFutile: Lastly, GOG as a company can do whatever it wants. It doesn't care about politics, it only cares about its bottom line, which is how companies should be running. If China is where all the money is, companies will kowtow before them as per the natural design of capitalism. We are all slaves to money in some way or another.

Boycotts are built on this very premise. If GOG wasn't free to choose its own path, or if its bottom line weren't about earnings, then this boycott would have no chance of succeeding.

BoycottIsFutile: Forcing a company to do something it doesn't want to do by threatening economic retaliation is the same tool of the PRC itself. It's hypocritical for your movement because you're using the same means as the PRC / alleged Chinese gamers GOG are appeasing. If you think that action was wrong, why are you doing the same action you despise?
This too has been addressed, at least partially.

It's simple. We're all individual paying customers, hence each of us has every right to decide what to buy or not buy. If PRC is a direct customer of GOG, then there should be no problem with PRC deciding not to buy a game from GOG, for whatever reason.

The general concensus appears to be that the "gamers" who sent "many messages" are either fictional, or people under social pressure. If this is not the case and there are numerous outraged customers out there who refuse to buy from GOG because of something they actually perceive as injustice, then it's a perfectly acceptable means to right that wrong.

That said, there is one more notable difference: Allowing a game to be on GOG (more options) vs not allowing it (less options). More options is more freedom, hence it's inherently a more worthy goal, and only very extraordinary circumstances get to make it not so. And guess what, many people don't actually see it as an extraordinary circumstance warranting that kind of exception that a political leader was once ridiculed by a placeholder game asset that has since been removed.

BoycottIsFutile: If your movement is more principled and noble, the right move would be to respect GOG's decision and leave the platform in search of others that share your political views. By continuing to drag GOG's reputation through the mud, your movement negatively reinforces pro-GOG factions to support the platform even more. There's a good reason why people are coming in here and boasting about their recent GOG purchases because they know it pisses this echo chamber off and it works (see the post ratings).
I disagree. GOG has changed radically in recent years, and GOG is now dragging GOG's reputation through the mud. This boycott is about convincing them to stop doing it. The fact that there are other pro-GOG factions who might react negatively to that is a consequence of ignorance and/or apathy. The best we can do is try to enlighten them by bringing up the facts of GOG's recent history.

BoycottIsFutile: That being said, I agree with a previous poster who said companies aren't infallible and yes, they do make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect. I initially was offset by their decision to pull Devotion. But what matters more is how they deal with their failures.
Yes, they've made plenty of them in the last half decade. I'd very much like them to stop.

BoycottIsFutile: Look at it this way - if your boycott doesn't work, it's not doing anything but make you guys look bad. If your boycott works, you've effectively cancelled a relatively small platform that has done more net good for DRM-free movement, niche game developers and publishers, and video game preservation.
No. If GOG is cancelled, then that's a major failure of this boycott.
BoycottIsFutile: I'm having a difficult time understanding this movement and its reasoning.
Various answers were already given, I am skipping those parts.
BoycottIsFutile: GOG Finances
<snip>
In comparison with CD Projekt Red, their total revenue is 5.5x more and net profit is nearly 55x higher than GOG.com. With how much more successful this division is and how difficult the political zealots are, there isn't much of an economic incentive in the short term to support the platform.
I dont see the point of that part - what are you trying to say?

BoycottIsFutile: Boycott's Economic Effect

Let's be conservative with calculations by assuming all boycotters are Americans who pay higher premiums for their games. If all 95 people on the list spent an average of $250 annually, that's $23,800 in total revenue / $1,430 net profit GOG.com is losing out on. Divide it by however much you think other lurkers agree with your idea. However, with this known info, that's only ~0.026% of their total and net income. It's a drop in the bucket if we're talking about a numbers game.
I dont think this is even a good question. A better question would be the economic effect of all boycotters - not just the ones in this thread. Why not try to math that instead? From my POV this thread is just the tip of the iceberg:
a) Only active posters are eligible for the list. How many active posters has this forum?
b) Only some active posters who are effectively boycotting are in the list.
c) Some formerly active posters are hard-boycotting GOG (deleted account or dont post in the forum anymore) so they cant be in the list.
d) Only strong boycotters (not people who buy a bit less) are in.

BoycottIsFutile: Red Candle Games Has Already Moved On

Red Candle Games has already respected GOG's decision on the matter. They've already set up their online store to sell their games independently. Why would they want GOG to take 30% of their cut when they can keep nearly 100% of the revenue it already gets from its store? Urging GOG to publish their game now makes no economic sense. It's all water under the bridge now.
Counterquestion: Why dont game developers just sell on Itch.io where they can get 90% (or more) and instead want to sell on Steam/GOG/Epic?

BoycottIsFutile: Same Means Hypocrisy

Forcing a company to do something it doesn't want to do by threatening economic retaliation is the same tool of the PRC itself. It's hypocritical for your movement because you're using the same means as the PRC / alleged Chinese gamers GOG are appeasing. If you think that action was wrong, why are you doing the same action you despise?
For me this is about (boycotting) GOG and not about (boycotting or fighting against or whatever) PRC so even if you believe in some "same means ..." - I dont see your point: The 'despised' action (referring to the implied Devotion part - there are other relevant boycotting reasons) is sucking up to (political or otherwise) outside pressure. Boycotters dont take this action - they do something completely different - not spending their money and posting it here.
BoycottIsFutile: tl;dr lol
You made a new/alt account just so you can type all this rubbish?

Get a life, will ya? xD
Time4Tea: But, for crying out loud GOG, release some good games! I can't think of a single title this year that has even tempted me to break my boycott. It's nice of them to make it easy for me ... ;-)
Elmofongo: My list of games that should have been here ages ago. (Cutout the ones that may never come like Blizzard and Valve)

Age of Empires + The Rise of Rome
Age of Empires 2 The Age of Kings + Conquerors
Age of Empires 3 + The Warchiefs + The Asian Dynasties
Alpha Protocal
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhod
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Battlefield 1942 + The Road to Rome + Secret Weapons of WW2
Batllefield Vietnam
Battlefield 2 + Special Forces + Euro Force + Armored Fury
Battlefield 2142 + Northern Strike
Black and White 1 + Creature Isle
Black and White 2 + Battle of the Gods
Borderlands 1 Game of the Year Edition
Borderlands 2 + All DLC
Call of Duty 1 + United Offensive
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty World at War
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Civilization 1
Civlization 2 + Conflicts + Fantastic Worlds
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Command & Conquer 1 + The Coverty Operations
Command & Conquer Red Alert + Counterstrike + The Aftermath + Retaialtion
Command & Conquer Tibirian Sun + Firestorm
Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge
Command & Conquer: Renegade
Command & Conquer: Generals + Zero Hour
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars + Kane's Wrath
Command & Conqueer: Red Alert 3 + Uprising
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
Commander Keen
Company of Heroes + Opposing Fronts + Tales of Valor
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Duke Nukem 1
Duke Nukem 2
Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Grand Theft Auto 1 + London 1986
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Heretic II
Marathon
Marathon Durandal
Marathon Infinity
Mechwarrior 1
Mechwarrior 2 + Mercenaries
Mechwarrior 3 + Pirate's Moon
Mechwarrior 4 + Black Knight + Mercenaries.
Neverwinter Nights 1991 Offline Version
No One Lives Forever 1: The Operative
No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way
Powermonger
PowerSlave (Exhumed)
Prey 2006
Rise of Nations Extended Edition
SimCity 1
Shadowcaster
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear + Covert Ops Essentials + Black Thorn + Take Down - Missions in Korea
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield + Athena Sword + Iron Wrath
Tom Clacny's Splineter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Total War Shogun 1 + Mongol Invasion
Total War Medieval 1 + Viking Invasion
Total War Rome 1 + Barbarian Invasion + Alexander
Total War Medieval 2 + Kingdoms
Turok 3: Shadows of Oblivion
Witchaven I
Witchhaven II: Blood Vengeance
Wizardry I: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord
Wizardry II: The Knight of Diamonds
Wizardry III: Legacy of Llylgamyn
Wizardry IV: The Return of Werdna
Wizardry V: Heart of the Maelstrom
Warhammer Fantasy: Dark Omen
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 1 + Winter Warfare + Dark Crusade + Soulstorm
Some (all?) of the Duke Nukem games used to be on here, then they got removed for some reason I don't remember. You can still find the forums for these games through search engines, and you can see posts in them that were made after the games were removed.

Also, you're not missing much with the other Assassin's Creed games. I've played 1, 2, and Brotherhood, and the best one by far was AC1. Also, both games are, to this day, locked behind Uplay DRM, which unless they've fixed it, means that you have to log on before you can play your single-player game. ACB (maybe 2 as well, I pirated 2 because DRM but I didn't know Brotherhood had the same garbage because this was before Steam started telling you about extra DRM) has these weird DLCs locked behind some sort of Ubisoft-specific currency that could be obtained, at least in part, by completing achievements (not actual achievements, Xbox/PS-style achievements) Stuff like ammo upgrades, new costumes. IIRC the only way to change them is by closing the game and enabling/disabling them in Uplay.

My point to all this is, you're never going to see any Assassin's Creed game after the first one on GOG, because Ubisoft is EA-lite. I was actually a little amazed that AC1 is even on here.
Ragmand: Also, you're not missing much with the other Assassin's Creed games. I've played 1, 2, and Brotherhood, and the best one by far was AC1.
I thought AC2 was supposed to be the best in the series. In any case, AC1 was an OK game, but got repetetive after a while.

I would like to try AC2 and Brotherhood at some time. But right now it doesn't matter, even if they come here. Not until GOG makes itself DRM-free again.

But I guess the only way that AC2 will come here is the opposite: at some point GOG will accept all kinds of DRM and then they can sell whatever they want. And publishers can try to sell a few more games here without changing anything concerning their DRM.
Ragmand: the best one by far was AC1.
Can't disagree with that but I did really enjoy some of the others. I believe thay are turning off the servers (or already have) for at least AC2 so perhaps they will consider releasing their death grip on that game now. More AC games coming to GOG DRM-free would make me *consider* breaking my boycott :-p
Ragmand: Also, you're not missing much with the other Assassin's Creed games. I've played 1, 2, and Brotherhood, and the best one by far was AC1.
Lifthrasil: I thought AC2 was supposed to be the best in the series. In any case, AC1 was an OK game, but got repetetive after a while.

I would like to try AC2 and Brotherhood at some time. But right now it doesn't matter, even if they come here. Not until GOG makes itself DRM-free again.

But I guess the only way that AC2 will come here is the opposite: at some point GOG will accept all kinds of DRM and then they can sell whatever they want. And publishers can try to sell a few more games here without changing anything concerning their DRM.
Yes, I have got that impression as well. Not sure why, the best game in the series is Black Sail, by a large margin. Second would be AC2. The first AC had awful controls and I could never get into it. Was brotherhood the one with having to point cannon at the start, never got far into that one. Syndicate had a great world, marred by Ubisoft bits (collectibles everywhere). The new set, Origins is a reasonable story and nice all round, Odyssey felt a lot more copy paste across the world. It got better with additional content, but the story was rubbish. Combat was great with mercenaries turning and what not. Just finished Valhalla and it’s a very pretty game. Story is ok I suppose. Combat doesn’t seem the have the levels that odyssey had, and skills seem pointless other than exploded wall for exploration. Still fairly copy paste, but better than odyssey in that regard. Lots of missed opportunities. I would still happily play Black Sail again and again over any of them, just a shame it can’t be modded to remove collectibles, ha d craft the towns, and remove the modern day rubbish (animus).

Yep, soon you will be able to buy any stores games here (galaxy only) with drm intact as galaxy is exempt from drm regulation.
low rated
BoycottIsFutile: Blah blah.
nightcraw1er.488: Just joined, no games, probably a spammer. But just in case, try reading some of the other threads before posting rubbish. For some this about that game devotion, however for others it is not.
I agree on this post. What happened to "Devotion" might not be correct, but I can't help laughing if I read about peope boycotting GOG while using devices and typing their rants on devices assembled in... where exactly?!

Best regards

phil

P.S.: Trying to discredit a post because the poster is new / does not have any games - imho - is laughable as well.
Post edited April 26, 2021 by derwendelin
It's a sad state of affairs when you look at the overall picture. Some people still fail to realise how many changes occurred these past years. And this applies to many other areas of life as well, not only to a digital store. Slowly, but surely, we step into a world of always-online, no ownership and perpetual "happiness". 2030 is not that far, I guess we're moving to Mars.
patrikc: It's a sad state of affairs when you look at the overall picture. Some people still fail to realise how many changes occurred these past years. And this applies to many other areas of life as well, not only to a digital store. Slowly, but surely, we step into a world of always-online, no ownership and perpetual "happiness". 2030 is not that far, I guess we're moving to Mars.
Mars is a shithole. Trust me, I've been watching The Expanse.

Then again, as long as "best regards phil" isn't there, I guess it's not all bad.
low rated
patrikc: It's a sad state of affairs when you look at the overall picture. Some people still fail to realise how many changes occurred these past years. And this applies to many other areas of life as well, not only to a digital store. Slowly, but surely, we step into a world of always-online, no ownership and perpetual "happiness". 2030 is not that far, I guess we're moving to Mars.
Breja: Mars is a shithole. Trust me, I've been watching The Expanse.

Then again, as long as "best regards phil" isn't there, I guess it's not all bad.
Looked pretty fun in Total Recall...but did we really see it?!
low rated
Breja: Mars is a shithole. Trust me, I've been watching The Expanse.

Linko64: Looked pretty fun in Total Recall...but did we really see it?!
Oh yeah, sure, it looked like a blast.
Linko64: Looked pretty fun in Total Recall...but did we really see it?!
Breja: Oh yeah, sure, it looked like a blast.
Attachments:
dukee.png (255 Kb)
low rated
BoycottIsFutile: Blah blah.
nightcraw1er.488: Just joined, no games, probably a spammer. But just in case, try reading some of the other threads before posting rubbish.
Having a new account doesn't make my ideas any less valid. No, I'm not a spammer because that was my first post. And it's a throwaway account because despite your movement wanting respect from other users on your ideals, many of your movement neg-rep opposing opinions and these opinions are met with immediate condescending disapproval and ridicule. Example: look at mine, randomuser.833, and derwendelin's posts - all labeled low rated, a lot of sass towards my post, and look at that language some of your members choose to use:
goglodytes, fanboys
The strawmanning and oversimplification is insane here and it does no good for your movement.

And if you want to recruit more people through persuasion, I suggest summarizing and updating your movements' arguments in the OP? Hiding your key arguments in 100+ pages of forum threads is not useful or friendly to your cause.
For some this about that game devotion, however for others it is not. For many years now GOG has been becoming a mere ghost clone of other stores.
There's nothing wrong with updating your business model and storefront to meet changing market demands to stay competitive. If there was enough economic incentives to stay the course, they would've already done so.
Galaxy is the main reason why, but there are many other things.
Galaxy is entirely optional.
DRM creeping in, online only games,
This is quantifiable. According to Lifthrasil's list of DRM on games to date, there's only 10 single player games with DRM on them. And if you look closely, 8/10 are cosmetic DLCs and any of the profiles created can be circumvented with temporary email accounts.

Anyway, as of today, the total amount of games (excluding DLCs) are:

(16 rows/page) x (3 games/row) x (73-1 pages) + (9 rows) x (3 games/row) + 2 games = 3485 games

So (3485 total games - 10 games with DRM)/3485 = 99.7% DRM-free games

Honestly, an insignificant 0.3% of games having DRM on them, with 80% of them being entirely cosmetic? That's a lot better compared to other platforms. When we compare it to say itch.io, only 609 games are labeled as DRM-free. Yet they have total of 377,601 games. Let's say we disregard the shovelware and look at the top sellers (29,799 results). That's still only 2% of their games are actually DRM-free. Why are some people supporting itch.io when GOG has significantly more DRM-free games?

For the multiplayer aspect, it is within the game developer's full right to restrict multiplayer to one CD key. If you're trying to play non-LAN multiplayer, both users should be using two different unique keys. This is the least amount of consideration you should have and to reward them. Legally, when you buy a game from them, you already agree to their EULA! In fact, it goes against GOG's EULA for doing so and therefore should be dutifully noted, but not punished:
3.3 Your GOG account and GOG content are personal to you and cannot be shared with, sold, gifted or transferred to anyone else. Your access to and use of them is subject to GOG’s rules which are set out here, as updated or amended when necessary

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/212632089-GOG-User-Agreement?product=gog
selling epic titles,
Acknowledged, but there's nothing or no one forcing you to buy their games if you dislike Epic. You have a choice here, nothing is being imposed on you.
broken website,
Because there's not enough net profit coming in to justify fixing it, which your movement is intent on undermining.
lack of change logs/old versions/means of downloading,
Patch notes are usually in the most updated version of the game. And why can't it be the game developer's responsibility for including patch-notes-1.4.3.txt in their patches? Why is this GOG's fault?
lack of parity with other stores,
Game developers or their publishers set the price. If you're concerned about currency conversions, they regularly update them here:
declining support, the list goes on and on.
Not enough net profit. Even though we've had a pandemic, their net profit increased by 10 times to only $5 million with 6% net profit on each sale for non-CDPR games. They're not making enough volume sales to reinvest back into GOG.
To me, it doesn’t matter any more if GOG survives, they have made it plainly clear they do not want their old customer base, do not want to provide a service which in any way differs from other services, nor particularly care what anybody thinks or does about that, and yes, this thread is a good example of it being ignored.
OK, so it doesn't matter to you if GOG dies. But it matters to me and others, some who may have recently joined, alive. This is an incredibly selfish mindset. Did you ever ask yourselves why there are so many problems with the website and platform? Have you look at their past finances?

(disregard pre-2016 since no GOG.com distinction)
2016: 4,811,000 zloty x ($1 US / 3.9446 zloty) = $1.2 million US
2017: 15,998,000 zloty x ($1 US / 3.7741 zloty) = $4.2 million US
2018: 30,000 zloty x ($1 US / 3.6128 zloty) = $0.008 million US
2019: 2,983,000 zloty x ($1 US / 3.8385 zloty) = $0.8 million US
2020: 20,655,000 zloty x ($1 US / 3.6188 zloty) = $5.7 million US
As for your other points, not having your own backup for your products is your own problem. It simply shows (and this goes for the majority of the userbase now) a clear lack of understanding of what DRM free actually means and why you would want it. Relying on them to hold your content is no different from buying on any other store, and is exactly why all these have arisen in the first place.
This is some strong victim blaming. It's apparent the DRM-free base alone will not be profitable enough and the idea of me having to own 4TB+ external hard drives or subscribing to cloud-based storage to archive all my games is ridiculous business strategy if GOG is looking to expand, which it should be doing to survive. I currently have all my games downloaded and 20TB of storage, but I'm arguing for people who don't do it regularly. GOG should be tapping into the casual base if it's going to gain market share.
“Steam and epic do it” - yes an example of follow the leader and shows again why the is nothing “different” available anymore. Everybody must do exactly as steam does. Don’t want to have what steam has (client, online rubbish, profiles, social media) tough, you will have it on every store.
Did you ignore my entire argument? If GOG fails, gamers will take refuge in Steam and Epic again. These companies already kowtow to the CCP's PRC more than GOG does through their noted actions. It undermines the entire point of your movement, don't you see?

CD Projekt Group is a publicly traded company and have to release stats and finances openly. Valve and Epic Games are private companies and withold information based on their own volition. There's clearly a big difference in terms of transparency between the three companies. All of it can be found here:
So yes, all being said, zero point in GOG even existing at this point it is so far removed from what it was originally and no different to other stores, so as you say, just accept what is and go buy on steam for cheaper prices, larger catalog, and actual working functionality.
I never vouched for Steam - reread my post again. You're misconstruing my argument in favour of strawmanning.

HappyPunkPotato: Didn't read most of that because it didn't look relevant to me. I was buying games on GOG because they said they were fighting against DRM. Now they are no longer against DRM I am no longer buying games from them. Even more so because they seem to be being dishonest about it.
Example of immediate dismissal of arguments. That aside, I've pointed out above that 99.7% of the games still on GOG are DRM-free. Pretty damn good aside from piracy, which is illegal for most of us.

hollibolli1970: It is a spammer for sure. I couldn't care less about the game Devotion, i do care however that GOG treated me like an idiot with their many gamer bs excuse. Atleast Steam never even pretended to be Gamer friendly. GOG on the other hand has shown that they are nothing but spineless cowards and liars.
I don't understand if I'm spamming if this is my 2nd post. Again, strawmanning is a weak argument here.

I agree GOG's excuse of gamers was a lie to mitigate Chinese sales of CP2077 and I don't condone it. The damage has already been done, though. The GOG user base is fully conscious about Devotion, they didn't delete their tweet, and the outrage has been documented by many video game news sites. About time to let it go. However, GOG.com took the higher ground of not selling GOG completely instead of Steam who did sell 1 million units, pulled the game when the anti-CCP message was found, and still kept the profits. GOG forewent the near-9000 pledged votes to relist Devotion, apologized, and Red Candle Games has already accepted it.

DRM creeping in, online only games,
BoycottIsFutile2: This is quantifiable. According to Lifthrasil's list of DRM on games to date, there's only 10 single player games with DRM on them. And if you look closely, 8/10 are cosmetic DLCs and any of the profiles created can be circumvented with temporary email accounts.

Anyway, as of today, the total amount of games (excluding DLCs) are:

(16 rows/page) x (3 games/row) x (73-1 pages) + (9 rows) x (3 games/row) + 2 games = 3485 games

So (3485 total games - 10 games with DRM)/3485 = 99.7% DRM-free games

Honestly, an insignificant 0.3% of games having DRM on them, with 80% of them being entirely cosmetic?
Your math doesnt consider that not all games are equal. Obviously some are more important (more customers etc) than others. And there is an 'importance' ranking provided by GOG https://www.gog.com/games?page=1&amp;sort=bestselling and there the #1 game on this list is from the GOG parent company and on the not-DRM-free list. So your math is ill suited to determine significance.

BoycottIsFutile2: That's a lot better compared to other platforms.
Your point being? Far as I understand this boycott is not about "GOG is worse than others" but rather about "we want GOG to be better than how it is now or where it (apparently) is heading".

BoycottIsFutile2: When we compare it to say itch.io, only 609 games are labeled as DRM-free. Yet they have total of 377,601 games. Let's say we disregard the shovelware and look at the top sellers (29,799 results). That's still only 2% of their games are actually DRM-free.
If you dont know: Them not being labelled as DRM-free does not imply them not being DRM-free.
BoycottIsFutile2: Why are some people supporting itch.io when GOG has significantly more DRM-free games?
More honesty maybe? (Far as I know they dont claim to be "a DRM free home".)

BoycottIsFutile2: For the multiplayer aspect, it is within the game developer's full right to restrict multiplayer to one CD key. If you're trying to play non-LAN multiplayer, both users should be using two different unique keys. This is the least amount of consideration you should have and to reward them.
Whether they have a "right" to put DRM in or not - I sure have a right to a) dont like it b) boycott them for it and c) share this opinion/behavior with others.
BoycottIsFutile2: Legally, when you buy a game from them, you already agree to their EULA!
I do believe those laws depend on nation. EU may have much stronger pro-customer laws than Canada.

BoycottIsFutile2: Did you ever ask yourselves why there are so many problems with the website and platform?
Yes and my best guess is a combination of incompetence and unwillingness.

BoycottIsFutile2: These companies already kowtow to the CCP's PRC more than GOG does through their noted actions.
Which 'noted actions' do you refer to? How does Epic kowtow more to CCP than GOG?

BoycottIsFutile2: GOG forewent the near-9000 pledged votes to relist Devotion, apologized, and Red Candle Games has already accepted it.
GOG apologized? The only potential "apology" I am aware of is the grovel-to-CCP "we would never hurt anybodys feelings" message.