It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

B1tF1ghter: GOG here pretends to not be involved in CH.
WinterSnowfall: 你好!

They are "pretending" more not to be involved in the spanish-speaking world IMHO.
They are pretenging to do a whole lot of things.
It's mind boggling how they claim they brought down Devotion INTERNATIONALLY because of "gamers' feedback" while simultaneously they totally ignore 8000+ votes by actual customers AND pretend to not see backslash on their own forums.

Same with NMS.
They are openly pretending it's not DRM :(
low rated
B1tF1ghter: YES, Steam is going to do exactly that - create a seperate version, a CH sandbox platform if you will, a special walled in garden specificly for CH where CH gov can do their BS should they want to, while retaining international Steam version independence.
Which is still directly supporting the Chinese government both ideologically and financially even, you know something you said you would never support any business who would do so.

B1tF1ghter: Did you perhaps fail to notice that GOG pretends WE are not here? That they are pretending to not see their own forum?
That they arbitrarily fortified themselves with ignorance plates build out of baseless claims with no official proof?
Not making a statement is also a choice. They ARE pretending to not see this whole debacle.
Yes, as you said they haven't said anything, how does this magically becomes "GOG here pretends to not be involved in CH" ? Before accusing peoples of making baseless claims maybe you should start by not making them yourself.
low rated
Gersen: Before accusing peoples of making baseless claims maybe you should start by not making them yourself.
How ironic for you to say so.

Yes, GOG's claim that it was "messages from many gamers" is baseless - GOG clearly did NOT provide ANY proof - and that's one of the reasons of the entire Devotion backslash.

B1tF1ghter: YES, Steam is going to do exactly that - create a seperate version, a CH sandbox platform if you will, a special walled in garden specificly for CH where CH gov can do their BS should they want to, while retaining international Steam version independence.
Gersen: Which is still directly supporting the Chinese government both ideologically and financially even, you know something you said you would never support any business who would do so.
I wonder what made you start personally stepping on me.
You are really pushing it.
And frankly, I have no patience to deal with you now so I will say just this:
Steam whatever they are doing is pretty transparent about it instead of being covert like some cowards.
Meanwhile GOG tries to silently push for CH and does sh*t like Devotion debacle hoping nobody will make a fuss about it.
Same with NMS, GOG pushed the DRM update knowingly, hoping consumers will not even raise an eyebrow.
That's all I will say for now.
low rated
ok, this is getting legit hilarious :D

up until now people like "omg evil gog! From this day on I'm boycotting and only buy games on discount!" guys were my favourite, but now came a "HIGHLY technical user" raging about Switzerland (CH) and some shit :D

but regarding a particularity of ye olde most favourite videogame and the differences between Steam and GOG. GOG never really had Devotion in the catalogue, never sold the game, while Steam sold it for a bit and then pulled it from the store without anyone of you giving a fuck, loooong before GOG and long before you even knew the game existed. Some HIGHLY technical users would probably blame government of Switzerland being in control of Steam and GOG together or something lol :D (pls lol CH? seriously)

And on top of that the demands like "GOG-senpai notice us!" while all of the hatespammers are very much happy to exploit the fact that gog forums are completely unmoderated and when someone actually does finally decide to step in and delete this nasty spam trash they're all like "ZOMG mah freeze peach!"

But anyway, if you guys want to boycott and don't know where to begin, now that you know Steam also doesn't sell devotion and actually stopped selling it, as opposed to never selling it at all, try looking into stores that do sell Devotion and delete your accounts from everything else. Or proceed with the harshest boycott and only create heavy traffic on the stores and buy games on discount.
XYCat: ok, this is getting legit hilarious :D

up until now people like "omg evil gog! From this day on I'm boycotting and only buy games on discount!" guys were my favourite, but now came a "HIGHLY technical user" raging about Switzerland (CH) and some shit :D

but regarding a particularity of ye olde most favourite videogame and the differences between Steam and GOG. GOG never really had Devotion in the catalogue, never sold the game, while Steam sold it for a bit and then pulled it from the store without anyone of you giving a fuck, loooong before GOG and long before you even knew the game existed. Some HIGHLY technical users would probably blame government of Switzerland being in control of Steam and GOG together or something lol :D (pls lol CH? seriously)

And on top of that the demands like "GOG-senpai notice us!" while all of the hatespammers are very much happy to exploit the fact that gog forums are completely unmoderated and when someone actually does finally decide to step in and delete this nasty spam trash they're all like "ZOMG mah freeze peach!"

But anyway, if you guys want to boycott and don't know where to begin, now that you know Steam also doesn't sell devotion and actually stopped selling it, as opposed to never selling it at all, try looking into stores that do sell Devotion and delete your accounts from everything else. Or proceed with the harshest boycott and only create heavy traffic on the stores and buy games on discount.
you are the one of those haters , you are clearly a very smug bad person

Honestly if people want to take action against the Chinese government boycotting GOG won't do anything because the CCP could care less (if it went under CCP would probably just take credit showing how much influence they have).

If you want to actually hurt China you need to put pressure on you governments as they are the ones who are either ignoring the problem or profiting off of it through trade deals and such.
low rated

Orkhepaj: you are the one of those haters , you are clearly a very smug bad person
I'm not creating a new thread about how I hate GOG and love artificial outrage as my hobby every day. So no, I'm not one of those smug bad haters.
Orkhepaj: you are the one of those haters , you are clearly a very smug bad person
XYCat: I'm not creating a new thread about how I hate GOG and love artificial outrage as my hobby every day. So no, I'm not one of those smug bad haters.
nope , you just come here and shit on others as your hobby , you clearly are
high rated
XYCat: And on top of that the demands like "GOG-senpai notice us!"
Yeah, the idea of a store responding to its customers is indeed ridiculous and deserves to be mocked.

It's amazing how GOGs treatment of its users managed to breed the kind of users who actually see GOG's complete and utter failure to address any complaints as not just the norm, but a status quo that needs to be defended from "haters". It's a topsy-turvy world we live in.
wolfsite: Honestly if people want to take action against the Chinese government boycotting GOG won't do anything because the CCP could care less (if it went under CCP would probably just take credit showing how much influence they have).

If you want to actually hurt China you need to put pressure on you governments as they are the ones who are either ignoring the problem or profiting off of it through trade deals and such.
that's not enough , you have to push ccp back everywhere
low rated
XYCat: I'm not creating a new thread about how I hate GOG and love artificial outrage as my hobby every day. So no, I'm not one of those smug bad haters.
Orkhepaj: nope , you just come here and shit on others as your hobby , you clearly are
Because hatespammers deserve my sympathy, I know.
high rated
Orkhepaj: nope , you just come here and shit on others as your hobby , you clearly are
XYCat: Because hatespammers deserve my sympathy, I know.
still dont get it.. you are the hatespammer
low rated
Breja: Yeah, the idea of a store responding to its customers is indeed ridiculous and deserves to be mocked.

It's amazing how GOGs treatment of its users managed to breed the kind of users who actually see GOG's complete and utter failure to address any complaints as not just the norm, but a status quo that needs to be defended from "haters". It's a topsy-turvy world we live in.
I know, how could GOG even dare to not sell a videogame? This treatment sure bred some peculiar kind of users. Or rather maybe the users were already bred elsewhere on the internet and once again just use a videogame as an excuse to vent their toxic trash and demand the website they're venting on to do stuff for them.
XYCat: Because hatespammers deserve my sympathy, I know.
Orkhepaj: still dont get it.. you are the hatespammer
still dont get it..I'm not creating a new thread about how I hate GOG and love artificial outrage as my hobby every day, so you are the hatespammer.
Post edited January 06, 2021 by XYCat
Breja: Yeah, the idea of a store responding to its customers is indeed ridiculous and deserves to be mocked.

Considering how some companies openly delete and remove criticism about themselves as well as ban users for anything remotely negative on the Steam forums there are much worse treatments.

I am reserving judgement for a few days though as I don't know what is going on internally at GOG as they could still be returning from holiday break, could still be flooded with support tickets that they may feel take priority. So I am not supporting what is currently going on but I will give them a few more days to see.
SomeGuy8504: EDIT: I guess to add to that, when you make threads like this it is mainly to incite some sort of rebellious response. These sorts of "forced" boycotts rarely work from my experience. The only boycotts that work are 'natural' ones that happen because people just don't want to buy a product anymore or use a service because it's bad or annoying.
Time4Tea: In what sense is it a 'forced boycott'? All I have done is said I am boycotting for this year; stated my reasons; and asked if anyone else is doing the same.
Oh no, I didn't mean it in that way and wasn't trying to undermine your post. You aren't forcing a boycott on people, you simply stated your reasons for wanting to boycott GOG which is absolutely fine. Then again, posting about it on a public forum does in some way also ask for people to at least consider joining your movement, which is also completely fine and not something I'd criticize (that's what I meant by "inciting a rebellious response". Again, badly worded, my bad).

What I was trying to say is that the big ticket items on your list of reasons to boycott GOG seem like they fall under the "intellectual/ideological" category, meaning that the GOG service, while flawed, is actually still a service you personally would want to use. Your post even sounds as though you would love to use GOG if they at least compromised a little bit and just fixed one of your issues. To me, that sounds as though you have to FORCE yourself to boycott GOG even though you probably still want to use their service.

A NATURAL boycott would have been one where GOG got so awful service-wise that you just stopped using them naturally, not because you made the conscious decision to stop using them. You wouldn't even have gotten to the conclusion that GOG was bad, there would have been barely any thought and no effort involved. You'd just feel bad thinking about buying from GOG as opposed to another service, so you just naturally boycotted GOG without even thinking about it.

And from my experience, forced boycotts are so difficult that they often lead to people relapsing into a service. Doesn't mean that I am underestimating your resolve or anything, just think that the average man probably would.
Post edited January 06, 2021 by SomeGuy8504