It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Niggles: I like manga up to a point but finding light novels have a bit more depth (was initially put off by how skinny the books are but then they are "light" novels). Any recommendations for light novels?
You might try to the following article for some ideas. I'm not 100% sure, but my antivirus didn't raise any flags or concerns with it:

https://bookriot.com/best-light-novels/
Cheers for the suggestions.
Scanning through incoming new season anime --- is it like one of the worst seasons to coming?.
_Auster_: Monogatari series, maybe? There's an ebook bundle of them on HB until Dec. 30, if I'm not mistaken. (also comes with some manga and audio books)
Mmmm few years ago watched a couple seasons. The anime was.... so fricken slow. Great animation and decent stories but felt like every episode was 4 hours.

And the reoccurring theme of the lesbian friend sports monkeypaw girl who while on the phone kept saying how she's stripped naked... And his girlfriend sharpens hundreds of pencils and threatens to kill him.

Maybe the manga would be a better medium i don't know.
rtcvb32: Maybe the manga would be a better medium i don't know.
Plenty of reading still, but if I'm not mistaken, the series only has ~15 volumes and already shows most of the story. And at least I didn't find the amount of text overbearing (maybe because I'm a fast reader, or maybe because I was curious about the story, not sure which). And art is pretty good.

But what I found super slow was the light novel. I could never get past Oshino's introduction in it.
Still reading the Hellsing Manga, Tsubasa Manga and Sweetness and Lightning. I've been getting the Deluxe Editions of Hellsing and I'm on Vol. 3 and enjoying it greatly. Tsubasa is also a favorite of mine, while Sweetness and LIghtning continues to be a nice change of pace. I'm also still watching Dragon Ball Super. I'm on Episode 51 and while I agree that sometimes the story is a bit meh, I'm still a fan. As always, no spoilers please, other than generalizations, which I don't really count as being spoilers.

On another topic, a question: Has anyone watched Gundam Seed, 00 and Iron Blooded
Orphans on Netflix? If so, how do you think a puny laptop would fare(2.2Ghz, Intel Core Processor, 4GB RAM)? I'll post more specs for my laptop when I can. Keep in mind I'm a newcomer to Netflix(haven't even signed up for an account yet),so if my question sounds odd, that's why.
Post edited January 31, 2022 by oldgamebuff42
I've been bingeing Attack on Titan. I watched the first episode out of curiosity. And I got hooked.
Man eating giant humanoids besieging massively walled city with remnant of humanity fending them off. Starting the second season just blew my mind. I've skimmed that anime episodes is still being made? I need to slow down.
Post edited February 01, 2022 by DavidOrion93
Finished watching the MS: Gundam Wing series. Currently watching the Endless Waltz OVAs. I'm on Omnibus 5 of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle(Manga.)
oldgamebuff42: I'm on Omnibus 5 of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle(Manga.)
If you don't already know, the anime has great soundtracks.
Not sure if this was mentioned but I sold my life for 10,000 yen a year aka three days of happiness.

Really short manga (only 16 chapters + 2 "side stories") but interesting story. Great since its a short read but interesting premise.
oldgamebuff42: I'm on Omnibus 5 of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle(Manga.)
Cambrey: If you don't already know, the anime has great soundtracks.
No lie. . .I sometimes listen to them on Youtube when I'm not doing any gaming, watching "let's play __" to see if I think I'd like a particular game on my Wishlist or watching dbz parodies.
Post edited February 17, 2022 by oldgamebuff42
Has the Deamon Slayer season 2 finished? I want to wait until all the episodes are out and then watch it?
mokran: Has the Deamon Slayer season 2 finished? I want to wait until all the episodes are out and then watch it?
It's over. Go for it.
So I finished watching Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, including the series, Endless Waltz OVAs and the movie. I saw a few minor flaws, like some pieces of dialogue that just sounded weird, but taken as a whole, Gundam Wing now stands on my metaphorical shelf of my favorite anime along with DBZ and DBGT.
low rated
thanks for this. awesome site!! will recommend it to my friends
*Spoilers follow* I recently finished reading Hellsing(manga.) All in all, it was a fun ride. I didn't see Alucard's death coming so that was one hell of a surprise. I grew to care about Seras, Integra and Alucard as I read so it is bittersweet to finish reading the last volume. I know the author, Kohta Hirano has another series, Drifters, but I don't know that I'll try it anytime soon, as it seems much less awesome than Hellsing.