It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adamhm: I just redownloaded it; the filename and checksum are identical so it looks like your download was just corrupted (this would also explain the innoextract error). Redownload it and try again with the unmodified script.
Ah, yup, sorry, user error I downloaded the galaxy install instead of the offline one. My bad.

I'm gonna go looking, but if you or anyone happens to see it, I figured out how to get windowed mode working, but haven't figure out how to pass the mouse back to the OS.
Hi adamhm. I was wondering if you'd consider writing a wrapper for Neverwinter Nights 2? I see, from the Judas WINE thread, you've tested this in the past. No worries if it isn't something you're interested in doing, but thought I'd chance asking you :)

Thanks again for all your work on these.
hello :3
your wrappers use valve's proton right?
so does that mean one can overwrite it with a custom version like eggroll or tgk? :s
I know these installers are called wine wrappers and this is a GOG forum, but in theory could a wrapper be written to install software that doesn't need Wine and comes from another source. For example ScummVm has just announced a new game "Blazzing Dragons", this is PS1 game and needs to be ripped in an specific way. Could a wrapper rip the disc and setup ScummVm so the game is playable in Gamehub.
low rated
ah another thing linux gamers need cause linux is so good for gamin now ...
Appoloin: I know these installers are called wine wrappers and this is a GOG forum, but in theory could a wrapper be written to install software that doesn't need Wine and comes from another source.
A "wrapper" is just a set of scripts that automates the same tasks a developer would perform manually to package up a game for one-click use or distribution.

So sure, "in theory", a wrapper can do anything you can do :)
high rated
winewrap.shlib has been updated for all wrappers with various improvements, mainly to Proton and DXVK support. The issues with libraries bundled with Proton 5.0-x conflicting with Zenity on Ubuntu 20.04/Mint 20.x were resolved by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include Wine's libs directories only when running Wine (the conflicting libraries were also removed from my repack of Proton 5.0-9 so the system-provided versions will always be used regardless). Wrappers using Wine+DXVK now use DXVK 1.7.1.

GOGWrap now uses Proton 5.0-9 by default and DXVK 1.7.1 when using regular versions of Wine.

The wrappers for Mirror's Edge and RiME have been updated to use their newer installers.

I've also looked into the controller issues. The issue seems to be that Wine's xinput support is still a WIP and in cases where the controller works elsewhere but not with my wrappers it's most likely that additional tools such as dumbxinputemu or x360ce have been installed:

* Fallout: New Vegas, Magrunner, Mirror's Edge, Stories: The Path of Destinies and The Witcher 3 all identified and worked as they should with my wired X360 controller.

* Rayman: Origins & Saints Row: The Third did not recognise the controller.

* Alan Wake, Dishonored and RiME also did not recognise the controller but I was able to get it working with those using dumbxinputemu.

derbyhell: hello :3
your wrappers use valve's proton right?
so does that mean one can overwrite it with a custom version like eggroll or tgk? :s
I've not tried it myself, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work :)
Great to see an update, thanks for your work
Hi there,

I just tried out the wrapper with Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines and everything seems to install fine but when I run the game it plays the intro videos ok but when the game menu comes up I can hear audio but the screen is black.

I can hear the menu options change when I move the mouse so the game is running but no display.
There is the following error sown in terminal:

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
Resource id in failed request: 0x8200052
Serial number of failed request: 1096
Current serial number in output stream: 1102

I'm guessing this isn't a problem with the wrapper but was hoping someone might have some ideas. I did try turning on virtual desktop but that didn't help, the above error didn't appear but the result was the same.

I've tried researching it and found one post in WineHQ forum from someone with exact same problem, their workaround was to use Wine 4.01 and unofficial patch 10.7 but I don't know how to adjust anything like that here.

EDIT: I was able to get the game working by upgrading PlayOnLinux to the latest version, installing the GOG.com installer in it and using Wine 4.01 in the config for the game.
Post edited September 19, 2020 by CZakalwe
It sounds like there is some issue with the newer Wine version and your system (possibly missing or outdated libraries and/or drivers). What distro, GPU and graphics drivers are you using? The next update will have an option to create system reports to make things like this easier.

Does my wrapper work if you create it like this:

./vtmb_wine.sh -winever=4.0
high rated
Wrappers are now available for Prey and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D. Thanks to cartoon49 for donating the key for Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D :)

All wrappers have been updated with a new winewrap.shlib again. Wrappers now have the ability to create a report containing information about the system that may be useful for resolving issues. This function is accessed through the advanced options menu (Advanced options... --> Create system report).
Post edited September 21, 2020 by adamhm
adamhm: Wrappers are now available for Prey and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D. Thanks to cartoon49 for donating the key for Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D :)

All wrappers have been updated with a new winewrap.shlib again. Wrappers now have the ability to create a report containing information about the system that may be useful for resolving issues. This function is accessed through the advanced options menu (Advanced options... --> Create system report).
Hello,

first of all thanks for all the hard work you are putting in just for the benefit of slightly technically challenged Linux enthusiasts like me. It is much appreciated.

Now to the issue at hand - I've tried your wrapper here and first it stopped because I was missing icoutils, which is an easy enough fix. On second run it stopped because a hash check for dgvoodoo zip failed. I got "sha256sum: WARNING: 1 computed checksum did NOT match
ERROR: Checksum failed for dgVoodoo2_63_1.zip "

As I've said before I am not technical enough to go into your script and somehow bypass the SHA check. Can you please see if there maybe a fix from your end?

Many thanks in advance!
ylod111:
Do you know what a failed checksum means? It means you have a corrupt file so you need to download that part again.
ylod111:
Themken: Do you know what a failed checksum means? It means you have a corrupt file so you need to download that part again.
Hi, thanks for your input.

I do have an idea what a failed checksum means, I however, am not the one doing the downloading here, it is part of the wrapper script and done automatically upon running it. I have no idea how to get around this though.
ylod111:
Manually download that file and replace the one the script downloaded. Too difficult? If you have fast, reliable and unmetered internet, just delete all and start over.

We can wait for adamhm or someone else with thorough knowledge of the script to help in some easier way.
Post edited September 23, 2020 by Themken