Changelog for Update 126.96.36.19968b (added 04 September 2019):
We have two pieces of exciting news to talk about today.
First, today marks the release of a new Gift Bag: Song of Nature. There are thousands of mods out there but some have proven to be quite popular within our team and we decided to turn them into game features. Full credit for this goes to each and every mod-maker we reached out to for this to come to light. We've tried to do their ideas justice by fully integrating them into the game and developing them further. There is now a special entry in the in-game menu from which you can access all these features and the list will be extended with future Gift Bags, with original content to come.
Secondly, we have some massive news for you. If you happen to own a Nintendo Switch, then you’ll be able to take all your hundreds of hours of gameplay on the go from today. Divinity: Original Sin 2 has just been released on the Nintendo E-Shop, and it comes not only with all of the Gift Bags you’ve enjoyed on Steam, but also cross-save progression between the Switch and Steam.
It works pretty simply: once you buy DOS2 from the E-Shop and load up the game, you’ll be asked if you want to link to Steam. If you choose to, it’ll automatically grab your saves from the elusive and impenetrable Steam cloud (you’ll see how we managed this next week), and your save will be playable on the Switch. It works vice-versa, too. Finished with a game? It’ll upload the save back into the cloud. You’ll need to be connected to the internet as well as Nintendo’s online service, but you’ll need that anyway if you’re venturing into four player coop on the Switch (which is totally possible!)
We’re extremely proud to be able to bring this to the players in cooperation with Nintendo and Valve who helped us plug everything together.
Happy adventures through Rivellon, Larian Crew
Gift Bag 2 features
- Crafter's Kit Plenty of new recipes and unique items to craft!
- Endless Runner Find a new icon in your Hotbar which you can use to toggle sprint on and off. Sprint increases your movement speed of your party and the movement speed of your followers.
- Animal Empathy Allows all player characters to talk to animals without having to spend a talent point. Also Changes Pet Pal talent to grant maximum positive attitude in all conversations with animals.
- Fort Joy Magic Mirror Manifests a Magic Mirror in the Arena of Fort Joy, along with a new Character Creation level. This allows you to respec before moving on to the next act of the game.
- 8 Action Points Increases the base maximum Action Points of hero characters to 8.
- Herb Gardens Plant your own herb garden! Take any herb and combine it with a bucket to create a seedling. Then just place your seedling in the ground and watch it grow. We will have additional Gift Bags of free and cool content for you in the coming months, too!
Special thanks to Helaene, Kalavinka, LadyCassandra, Rockfire, LaughingLeader, SimranZenov, Elvasat, Baardvaark, JonTerp, DeadlyEssence01 and The Composer for creating the awesome mods these features were inspired by.
In addition to the Gift Bag content, there are a number of fixes included in the patch today. These cover:
- Fixed rare crash when using the Magic Mirror in multiplayer
- Fixed rare crash when returning to the Main Menu from Story
- Fixed issue with conjuring Incarnates on electrified water surfaces
- Fixed some inconsistencies between in-game models and portraits
- Fixed skills not staying on hotbar after being unmemorized
- Fixed character portraits getting stuck to the cursor in certain situations
- Fixed rare chance of player indefinitely boosting stats while in multiplayer
- Fixed rare issue with turn order after player gets knocked down
- Fixed several small UI issues
- Fixed small text and name issues
- Fixed minor visual and audio issues
Standalone installers updated:
- Windows (188.8.131.5246b ⇒ 184.108.40.20668b): 05 September 2019.
- Mac OS (220.127.116.1146b (GOG-1) ⇒ 18.104.22.16868dat_fix (GOG-1)): 06 September 2019.