It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Survival of the sweetest.

Long Live the Queen, a complex political thriller full of violence, hate, and tough choices, masked by deceptively cute visuals, is available on GOG.com for only $9.99.

[url=http://www.gog.com/game/long_live_the_queen][/url]Long Live the Queen is a brutal game. Your heroine will try to escape the many dangers awaiting a young heiress to the throne, and will often fail, ending up dead, leaving the kingdom at mercy of it's many enemies. Luckily, you'll be able to back up on your mistakes, probably just to witness another death of the princess. When you're but a child, suddenly burdened by the crushing weight of responsibility, every little decision you make might prove to be your last. This complex and challenging royalty sim will crush your hopes many times, before you manage to protect the princess until the day of her coronation. There are secret plots at play, invaders at the gates, dark magical forces hiding in plain sight, assassins lurking in the shadows, and way too many suitors trying to get their hands on the young heiress' heritage. With non-linear gameplay, and great depth this cute-looking title will take even the most experienced gamer by surprise!

If you thought that the life of a princess is full of bliss, ballroom dancing, cotton candy, and ponies, it's about time you faced the terrifying truth in Long Live the Queen, for only $9.99 on GOG.com.
Titanium: It's a genre.
I'm aware of the genre but other examples in tvtropes are kind of distant. Tokyo Mew Mew are for furries, Cutey Honey was more... well, it's Go Nagai, about skimpy dresses, Mai series profess different kind of protagonists. And so on. ... Maybe creators just didn't pick great examples.
Post edited October 15, 2013 by Mivas
JudasIscariot: edit: redeemed by lugum. Enjoy :)
Missed it :)

Still, +1
Post edited October 15, 2013 by Titanium
Totally unrelated, but as LLTQ has been greenlit and all who own the game will get steam keys, I wonder if we'd get GOG keys too? Perhaps that's too much to ask :/
Titanium: Whoops, sorry, wrong disco ball effect.
Happens :).

I always preferred subversive takes on this genre. Psychedelic Utena or "softened" Revy in Black Lagoon bonus are best :).

Titanium: I'd say it's a bit conservative on that front, considering the later SM transformations.
Good point.
Post edited October 15, 2013 by Mivas
Got this when it was originally released and had a blast :)

It's a deceptive little game but with solid mechanics and a ruthless streak running through it it is a real treat. A good amount of replayability as well. Would be great to see Kara No Shojo drm free on gog as well. Some really good mechanics in that also.
Hicks233: Got this when it was originally released and had a blast :)

It's a deceptive little game but with solid mechanics and a ruthless streak running through it it is a real treat. A good amount of replayability as well. Would be great to see Kara No Shojo drm free on gog as well. Some really good mechanics in that also.
I was wondering about this. I played the demo and from what I've gathered the same events basically happen the same way, so it seems that all you do is play the game over and over again trial and error until you figure out how to win (not quite Dragon's Lair style, but close). Is there any replayability beyond that once you figure it out?
low rated
Immoli: Does Germany hate sex as much as the US?
We seem to be on the way there. This generation of videogamers here has basically the same views as US players.

Luckily not the rest of society.
Nice looking game, even if it does look like the average life expectancy of a princess would be quite short.
jamotide: We seem to be on the way there. This generation of videogamers here has basically the same views as US players.

but you have sex shops and hooker on every corner!
jamotide: We seem to be on the way there. This generation of videogamers here has basically the same views as US players.

keeveek: but you have sex shops and hooker on every corner!
Are you mistaking The Netherlands -> Amsterdam with Germany?
Long Live the Queen!: Prepare To Die Edition.

On a more serious note, game looks fun. Glad to see more Japanese style games on GOG. Now if they could some how get the zero escape games on pc.
JudasIscariot: Like I said, I personally went through the game and found nothing in there that was in any way, shape, or form unsavory. Not even a single expletive. I think I did see an ankle, I know, I know, an ankle! I am getting the vapors now...*faints*
..... Aaaaaaaaand I lost my entire interest in this one :P
Senteria: Are you mistaking The Netherlands -> Amsterdam with Germany?
My friend said that when he was in Hamburg last time, he brought back more sex toys than any other souvenirs ;P
Post edited October 15, 2013 by keeveek
PurpleNeckTie: Long Live the Queen!: Prepare To Die Edition.

On a more serious note, game looks fun. Glad to see more Japanese style games on GOG. Now if they could some how get the zero escape games on pc.
As long as it's the peasants doing the dying and it involves me ruling with an iron fist, I would throw money at my screen :D
1. Looks cute and appealing (Yes I'm a guy, but I think I can get away with it. Sshh)
2. Choices that seem to matter
3. Gameplay mechanics don't seem too complex
4. Seems a bit like a japanese dating simulator game, even though it isn't. But I like that kind of thing occasionally
5. Checked quickly for sound and seems to be okay.

I'm sold.
Post edited October 15, 2013 by Senteria