It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today two great FPS games from Bethesda join our ranks. Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood are now available on GOG.COM, both with a special 70% discount lasting until 24th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (-70%) is set in the alternative version of history in which the Third Reich won the war. As captain William "B.J." Blazkowicz we start a new battle with the old enemy.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (-70%) is a prequel to the previous game. In 1946 Blazkowicz must infiltrate the dark castle where Nazis hold their top secrets.

If you want to immerse yourself in the story of both games, buy The Two Pack. It includes Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and is also available with a 70% discount until 24th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.
Thanks GOG!
Edward_Carnby: Good, good.

Keep 'em coming GOG !
Oddeus: Out of curiosity, what´s that "strong sexual content" they promise in the ESRB rating? I never heard that Wolfenstein has such.
Edward_Carnby: 'Wolfenstein: New Order' contains some sex scenes between BJ & his girlfriend.
Thanks. Now I´m really curious what the rating board considers "strong" :)
Thanks GOG:)I bought Two Pack:)
trusteft: BTW, any chance we will get Wolfenstein (2009) too?
It would be awesome. But that game is in some kind of legal limbo.
DiShuryou: I moved to Germany last month, thanks to a new job.
Are the versions sold here also uncut in Germany? If not, I will wait until I move back to France next year ;)
Thiev: All languages are included, and all except German are uncut.
You will get censored version if you install / switch to DE language, but that's because it's the only German version ever released.
This is (unfortunately) but since Bethesda now also sells the uncut version in Germany
https://twitter.com/bethesda_de/status/1197494978362191873
I am wondering if this uncut version at least has German subtitles included. Do you have any information about this?
You will get censored version if you install / switch to DE language, but that's because it's the only German version ever released.
MarkoH01: This is (unfortunately) but since Bethesda now also sells the uncut version in Germany
I am wondering if this uncut version at least has German subtitles included. Do you have any information about this?
Bethesda wird keinen Cent mehr in das Spiel investieren, Du hast nur die Wahl:

- komplett Englisch (unzensiert)
- komplett Deutsch (zensiert)

Man begründet das mit "wer Englisch spielt braucht keine UTs" und "Die deutsche Synchro-Kontinuität" der geänderten Version soll erhalten bleiben. Auch die unzensierten PS4 Versionen bei uns im deutschen Handel sind REIN ENGLISCHE Versionen.
Post edited February 17, 2020 by Anime-BlackWolf
MarkoH01: I am wondering if this uncut version at least has German subtitles included. Do you have any information about this?
The Steam version only has English subtitles.
Berzerk2002: I don't think that is 100% true. If I remember correctly the EU version of The New Order was uncut and also had german language included. It would be nice if you could investigate and see if you could add it.

https://ogdb.eu/index.php?section=game&gameid=81024

Great new releases here today btw. Wasn't expecting that but damn the timing is perfect. Definitely bought.
As you can see in my twitter link - it is not true. The international version did not have German audio included - and even though Bethesda now sells this international version for German customers as well so far they did not bother to add it yet.
MarkoH01: This is (unfortunately) but since Bethesda now also sells the uncut version in Germany
Anime-BlackWolf: Bethesda wird keinen Cent mehr in das Spiel investieren, Du hast nur die Wahl:

- komplett Englisch (unzensiert)
- komplett Deutsch (zensiert)

Man begründet das mit "wer Englisch spielt braucht keine UTs" und "Die deutsche Synchro-Kontinuität" der geänderten Version soll erhalten bleiben. Auch die unzensierten PS4 Versionen bei uns im deutschen Handel sind REIN ENGLISCHE Versionen.
Damn - was hoping that they would at least add German subtitles to the international release. Should not be too costly to transfer German subs from the German version to the international one. Thank you anyway and also thanks to mk47at for confirming this. So for Germans once again it is better than nothing but far from being perfect. But if Bethesda does not want to invest any cent anymore for German customers I think I won't invest any cent as well.
Post edited February 17, 2020 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Damn - was hoping that they would at least add German subtitles to the international release. Should not be too costly to transfer German subs from the German version to the international one. Thank you anyway and also thanks to mk47at for confirming this. So for Germans once again it is better than nothing but far from being perfect. But if Bethesda does not want to invest any cent anymore for German customers I think I won't invest any cent as well.
Considering, that not only textures but the whole script was censored (audio / text included) in German release, there are no German subtitles that would match international version.

Edit: Transferring subtitles itself is quite easy, but I decided against it as they wouldn't match the EN audio ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Post edited February 17, 2020 by Thiev
MarkoH01: Damn - was hoping that they would at least add German subtitles to the international release. Should not be too costly to transfer German subs from the German version to the international one. Thank you anyway and also thanks to mk47at for confirming this. So for Germans once again it is better than nothing but far from being perfect. But if Bethesda does not want to invest any cent anymore for German customers I think I won't invest any cent as well.
True, but the English/German mixture of the original version is a lot of fun if you understand both languages. I haven't played the version intended for Germany, but I remember reading that they synchronized everything so that everyone speaks German all the time, which is boring.
Thiev: Considering, that not only textures but the whole script was censored (audio / text included) in German release, there are no German subtitles that would match international version.
They should have created those for Austrian and parts of the Swiss customers.
Post edited February 17, 2020 by mk47at
Thiev: Considering, that not only textures but the whole script was censored (audio / text included) in German release, there are no German subtitles that would match international version.

Edit: Transferring subtitles itself is quite easy, but I decided against it as they wouldn't match the EN audio ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, a big publisher like Bethesda really does have the money to make additional and fitting German subtitles based on the English subtitles which are already there. If I am not mistaken the patch community already made such ... so my point stands. If the publisher think Germans should eat what they feed them I intend to not give them any money. I still have a lot of other games on my wishlist so I'll make sure that GOG still gets my money - but not Bethesda. :)
Post edited February 17, 2020 by MarkoH01
I love that the games are here now.

That said this produces a perfect example of something that still annoys me. This has nothing what so ever to do with GOG.

Digital distribution was supposed to save us money because the devs/pubs were eliminating costly media, production costs, ect. The sale price of this right now is basically 12$ if you buy both of these games. It is definitely a good price for the overall value of the products in question.

That said, I can buy a new copy of the Wolfenstien two pack that has both of these titles, each on their own physical disc, all day long, new copies for 11$. I can get used copies for about 8. Granted prices on PS4 are a bit higher than Xbox but the issue is the same.

Why is it that physical media is what keeps prices cheaper and since we have been going to digital distribution prices have only stayed higher longer, despite the lower production costs? This is of course a rhetorical question because I understand the answers and know the subject in more depth that even most within the industry. Just get tired of seeing bad industry behavior when I constantly see it. Again, has nothing to do with GOG, this is an issue with the whole state of gaming. The industry and consumers alike.
I was very tempted to buy Doom 2016 on steam but now that Wolfenstein and Dishonoured games are on gog.

I will happily wait for Doom 2016 to come on gog and buy it. If Wolf and Dis games from Bethesda can end up on gog I am sure Doom 2016 will too.
FulVal: I want Wolfenstein 2009 :(
I fully maintain you, also want THIS great Game from big G.
deathwings51: Awesome addition. Now waiting for Doom 2016, Skyrim and Rage
Good choise, bro! Now all at GOG hands...
Post edited February 17, 2020 by LifeLover
I was hoping there would be a GOG Connect event for this but I'm already glad that these two games are available as is.