It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today two great FPS games from Bethesda join our ranks. Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood are now available on GOG.COM, both with a special 70% discount lasting until 24th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (-70%) is set in the alternative version of history in which the Third Reich won the war. As captain William "B.J." Blazkowicz we start a new battle with the old enemy.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (-70%) is a prequel to the previous game. In 1946 Blazkowicz must infiltrate the dark castle where Nazis hold their top secrets.

If you want to immerse yourself in the story of both games, buy The Two Pack. It includes Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and is also available with a 70% discount until 24th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.
kai2: If you enjoyed Singularity, you will probably enjoy Wolfenstein 2009. Both are Raven Soft games -- with Singularity's release directly following Wolfenstein 2009. The only thing that IMHO slows the flow of Wolfenstein 2009 is the "hub." It just felt like a more satisfying experience would have been a linear shooter. But... shooting mechanics are very good.
Thank you also for your kindly help and advice, much appreciated!
mobutu: Hey guys, maybe you can help ... anyone know if Wolfenstein 2009 has the same gameplay, feeling and atmosphere as 2001 Return to Castle Wolfenstein?

I absolutely loved 2001 Return to Castle Wolfenstein and now I have a chance of buying a cheap second hand Wolf 2009 ... so I want to know if I should go with it, will I love it like I did with the prequel?
I also had a blast with rtcw, (and there's a "home-made remaster" out there if you search for it) but I also had a blast with 2009. In fact, due to its age and mechanics I actually think 2009 is way more action oriented free-fun and a bit more challenging, while rtcw had a more darker "horror" (interactive movie) story to its atmosphere.

As other's mentioned the gameplay is more centered around a hub so it wouldn't be exactly fair to judge them side by side but I'm sure you won't regret getting it ;)
low rated
i thought 2009 was meant to be a perdy poor game romanticized because its no longer available?
sanscript: I also had a blast with rtcw, (and there's a "home-made remaster" out there if you search for it) but I also had a blast with 2009. In fact, due to its age and mechanics I actually think 2009 is way more action oriented free-fun and a bit more challenging, while rtcw had a more darker "horror" (interactive movie) story to its atmosphere.

As other's mentioned the gameplay is more centered around a hub so it wouldn't be exactly fair to judge them side by side but I'm sure you won't regret getting it ;)
Wow, thanks, I didn't knew about the remaster ... I suppose you mean "Reborn to Castle Wolfenstein"
https://www.moddb.com/mods/rtcwremakemod

Interesting, I'll be sure to give it a try at release!
low rated
teh germans, teh
mobutu: Wow, thanks, I didn't knew about the remaster ... I suppose you mean "Reborn to Castle Wolfenstein"

Np :)

I think so, but it says "demo"?

I got the whole game included a while ago (which isn't exactly legal to distribute) but that was before they had a moddb page (if my memory is correct). Although it is a graphics remaster, it's still an old version so expect some graphical glitchiness here and there (unless you become a patreon it says), but it's still fun to play it.
Post edited February 19, 2020 by sanscript
Fairfox: i thought 2009 was meant to be a perdy poor game romanticized because its no longer available?
No, it's a good game criticized too heavily... and a I say this as a person who played it before caring anything about the Wolfenstein series. IMO Raven Soft was a strong developer of shooters prior to Activision relegating them to the COD salt mines. A GREAT developer? Maybe not... but strong. Only problem is their last few solo games didn't find an audience.
Fairfox: i thought 2009 was meant to be a perdy poor game romanticized because its no longer available?
I think people have become softer towards it in part because of nostalgia and probably missing fps shooting/gameplay of that style (compared to being railroaded along so much today). As for so many wanting it on GOG, I assume the main reason is because it's not available on Steam anymore. I vaguely recall it having ~1000 votes just a few years ago but its blown up since then.
Post edited February 19, 2020 by tfishell
Never heard about these games (and also not about Dishonored), but I am happy for those who wanted them. Also happy that Bethesda made another release here. Perhaps we'll get their older games at some point later.
igrok: Never heard about these games (and also not about Dishonored), but I am happy for those who wanted them. Also happy that Bethesda made another release here. Perhaps we'll get their older games at some point later.
Well, if you liked what Looking Glass was producing back in the day, try Arcane´s Dishonored, it´s a love letter to Thief and immersive sim to the bone :)
mobutu: Wow, thanks, I didn't knew about the remaster ... I suppose you mean "Reborn to Castle Wolfenstein"

When it comes to RtCW mods, I always recommend this if you want to retain the spirit of the original.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/rtcw-venom-mod

It makes the game look incredible and improves the enemy AI. It was probably the first mod that has ever "WOWed" me.
Post edited February 19, 2020 by idbeholdME
Tarhiel: Well, if you liked what Looking Glass was producing back in the day, try Arcane´s Dishonored, it´s a love letter to Thief and immersive sim to the bone :)
That's a solid recommendation :-)

idbeholdME: When it comes to RtCW mods, I always recommend this if you want to retain the spirit of the original.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/rtcw-venom-mod

It makes the game look incredible and improves the enemy AI. It was probably the first mod that has ever "WOWed" me.
Absolutely agree - I wouldn´t even play RTCW without Venom nowadays.
Habakkuk21: Trivial gamer here.
I looked at the system requirements, but saw nothing about controllers.
Can these be played with mouse and keyboard?
Absolutely. I never played any of them with a controller, only KB+Mouse and i finished them on Steam without problem.

Anyway, glad to see the Wolfenstein and the Dishonored collections (almost) here on GOG, finally! Instabuy, ofc, all of them :D
GOGer: ...like with bioshock1/2. speaking of, did they add the old ones yet? they meant to right?
Yes, the originals just as promised, were added a long time ago.

GOGer: nah, i'm not making no ticket mark. i don't care. looks like some powerful project red employee turned mine off manually to irk me. (that or you need to run galaxy 1st?) edit; ok, so this time they are not after me. i decided to check settings and BAM, there it is a checkbox for "enable profile"... tee hee....
1) It's Marko - but strangely enough nearly every non German gets this wrong (didn't find out yet, why)
2) There's no such thing. There's a bug in your account page and therefore the profile is not working and support is the only one who can fix this. So if you don't want to create a ticket there's no reason to ask/complain. I only showed you the (correct) way - it's up to you to decide to take it or not :)
Post edited February 19, 2020 by MarkoH01