It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More pretty. Still gritty.

<span class="bold">Deus Ex: Revision</span>, a mod which drastically overhauls the FPS/RPG masterpiece while preserving its greatness, is now available for FREE on GOG.com!

Every time the game is mentioned, someone will reinstall it. Make sure that's you, to check out all the augmentations this mod brings: New environments, new details that better flesh out its cyberpunk world, improved textures and 3D models, a new soundtrack, and more! What's more, thanks to the awesome team behind the mod, you can now collect 200+ GOG Galaxy achievements while playing Deus Ex: Revision.

To use this mod you need to own the original <span class="bold">Deus Ex GOTY</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
Already had Deus Ex 1&2 on Steam, but bought them here too anyways, with my luck however they will be on GOG Connect next week or something :P

Now if I would only had time to try those games some day.
Post edited April 07, 2017 by Leevi
ciemnogrodzianin: Exactly the same here. I've even installed from my old CD, but decided to play another time, with newest version and some mods perhaps. This seems to make nice opportunity for me.

But there is a big BUT:

[i]Recommended system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8.1 / 10 (64-bit)
Dual- or Quad-Core 3.0 Ghz or Faster CPU
6 GB RAM[/i]
A big BUT and a big WHA??
Post edited April 08, 2017 by RafaelLVX
ciemnogrodzianin: Exactly the same here. I've even installed from my old CD, but decided to play another time, with newest version and some mods perhaps. This seems to make nice opportunity for me.

But there is a big BUT:

[i]Recommended system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8.1 / 10 (64-bit)
Dual- or Quad-Core 3.0 Ghz or Faster CPU
6 GB RAM[/i]
RafaelLVX: A big BUT and a big WHA??
Regarding the 6GB RAM and 64 bit system requirement, this can probably be played with 4GB on a 32 bit system if you lower the texture quality in the settings.
CENSORED BY GOG
Post edited July 22, 2017 by Serren
Anyone watch the video all the way through the end?

It brought a little tear to my eye when I saw the words...

"Available on Good Old Games and Steam"

(sniff) thought I'd never see those words again, even though I know "G.O.G" used to mean that. (sniff)
Post edited April 08, 2017 by tritone
Serren: Thanks for the freebie, though I doubt I will use it. Updated visuals might be nice (if they didn't touch level layouts) but it sounds like this enhancement goes into forbidden territory, mucking with Deus Ex's already fantastic gameplay and music.
Work is happening on an update where you can play without the gameplay changes, and you can already select the original music to play with.
armitom: Good news for fans of that mod.
Lemon_Curry: Indeed, though as far as I'm concerned the original vanilla game isn't in need of any revisioning.
I completed this game 2 or 3 times years ago, the last time was when there was a lot of talk about mods but I haven't tried. I decided to complete it with some fancy graphics overhaul mod. It's pretty pointless for anyone who already beat the game. I couldn't bring myself for the 4th complete.

TO PLAY THIS ITEM YOU ALSO NEED
Lemon_Curry: I wonder if it's possible to download the mod if you don't own the GOG version of Deus Ex. Would anyone who fits the bill care to try?
I don't fit the bill, but to quench that curiosity, I "purchased" the free DLC pass for Witcher 3 not owning Witcher 3. Now I have a 523 download here for nothing, at least until I get the base game. It tells me "you don't have the base product needed to play the DLC" or something along those lines, but I can download the DLC executable if I want.
What's with the all one star reviews?
Well GMDX is better but we asked for it here.
May be we will get GMDX once it gets properly released.
RafaelLVX: A big BUT and a big WHA??
Hawkbird: Regarding the 6GB RAM and 64 bit system requirement, this can probably be played with 4GB on a 32 bit system if you lower the texture quality in the settings.
I'm not arguing, but I wonder how that can be. Deus Ex is very lightweight, and I'd think textures alone wouldn't need that much. Well, at least that's what I think, perhaps it's lightweight only on the graphics card, while the textures live on RAM and processor.
Why oh why? "GOOD" Old Games. Revision is probably the worst mod created for Deus Ex. Pure butchery of it. It features Inconsistent conflicting design decisions, broken AI, ignorance of basic game design concepts, an art style that is all over the place and more. Pure style over substance, and the style itself poor and without merit.
Another one that's not on GOG Connect. ;'(
CENSORED BY GOG
Post edited July 22, 2017 by Serren
Hawkbird: Regarding the 6GB RAM and 64 bit system requirement, this can probably be played with 4GB on a 32 bit system if you lower the texture quality in the settings.
RafaelLVX: I'm not arguing, but I wonder how that can be. Deus Ex is very lightweight, and I'd think textures alone wouldn't need that much. Well, at least that's what I think, perhaps it's lightweight only on the graphics card, while the textures live on RAM and processor.
That's just what I've been told by the other devs. Revision's own textures are usually large (e.g. 1024x1024) along with all the New Vision textures which are usually the same size eats up memory I'm guessing.
I've just purchased and downloaded both the game and mod. Will the game automatically run with the mod applied or how do I get it working?
heartburnron: I've just purchased and downloaded both the game and mod. Will the game automatically run with the mod applied or how do I get it working?
First install the game. Then install the mod. That should do the job.