It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More pretty. Still gritty.

<span class="bold">Deus Ex: Revision</span>, a mod which drastically overhauls the FPS/RPG masterpiece while preserving its greatness, is now available for FREE on GOG.com!

Every time the game is mentioned, someone will reinstall it. Make sure that's you, to check out all the augmentations this mod brings: New environments, new details that better flesh out its cyberpunk world, improved textures and 3D models, a new soundtrack, and more! What's more, thanks to the awesome team behind the mod, you can now collect 200+ GOG Galaxy achievements while playing Deus Ex: Revision.

To use this mod you need to own the original <span class="bold">Deus Ex GOTY</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
strange-benhur: is this the first time a mod has become available on GOG like this?

I do not come here offend so I do not know this. also is there a reason why it was put on the store page?
Nope, there is already at least one mod being sold on here for Mount & Blade - what was Brytenwalda. Think there may be at least one more.
Post edited April 08, 2017 by nightcraw1er.488
From what I've seen of Revision I have no interest in getting it. Not only does the revision make the game too dark but the iconic theme tune is redone not very accurately.
ciemnogrodzianin: Exactly the same here. I've even installed from my old CD, but decided to play another time, with newest version and some mods perhaps. This seems to make nice opportunity for me.

But there is a big BUT:

[i]Recommended system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8.1 / 10 (64-bit)
Dual- or Quad-Core 3.0 Ghz or Faster CPU
6 GB RAM[/i]
RafaelLVX: A big BUT and a big WHA??
I'm not far in the game, but from what I've tested you can run it normally without quad-core. And unlike Turok 2 remaster, I'm not having lag in any moment, it's running smoothly.
I didn't even need to reduce resolution and things like that.
I think what really matters for this mod is having enough RAM (I've 8 gigabytes, here).
Post edited April 08, 2017 by almabrds
nice, will give it a try. there are a more than a few games that i just cant play vanilla anymore, mods rock
Oh what wonderful news, playing Deus Ex is like when controlling the mail, you control... information.
Post edited April 08, 2017 by Erikspilivink
strange-benhur: is this the first time a mod has become available on GOG like this?
nightcraw1er.488: Nope, there is already at least one mod being sold on here for Mount & Blade - what was Brytenwalda.
The difference being that Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest Reforged Edition is published by TaleWolds and not marketed as a free mod (although Deus Ex: Revision is treated as DLC it's certainly not advertised as such). In fact, what used to be a mod, Brytenwalda, is now actual official DLC to the base game.

strange-benhur: I do not come here offend so I do not know this. also is there a reason why it was put on the store page?
It's yet another Galaxy promotion (hence the inclusion of achievements) combined with an attempt at boosting Deus Ex sales (hence the silly minimum requirement regarding ownership of the GOG version).

Lemon_Curry: I wonder if it's possible to download the mod if you don't own the GOG version of Deus Ex. Would anyone who fits the bill care to try?
RafaelLVX: I don't fit the bill, but to quench that curiosity, I "purchased" the free DLC pass for Witcher 3 not owning Witcher 3. Now I have a 523 download here for nothing, at least until I get the base game. It tells me "you don't have the base product needed to play the DLC" or something along those lines, but I can download the DLC executable if I want.
Hey, I appreciate the thought although that wasn't really necessary (and isn't comparable to this particular issue). I just hope you plan on getting the rest of the game. ;)
nightcraw1er.488: Nope, there is already at least one mod being sold on here for Mount & Blade - what was Brytenwalda.
Lemon_Curry: The difference being that Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest Reforged Edition is published by TaleWolds and not marketed as a free mod (although Deus Ex: Revision is treated as DLC it's certainly not advertised as such). In fact, what used to be a mod, Brytenwalda, is now actual official DLC to the base game.

strange-benhur: I do not come here offend so I do not know this. also is there a reason why it was put on the store page?
Lemon_Curry: It's yet another Galaxy promotion (hence the inclusion of achievements) combined with an attempt at boosting Deus Ex sales (hence the silly minimum requirement regarding ownership of the GOG version).
Free mods? Who knew! o.O
Post edited April 08, 2017 by richlind33
Lemon_Curry: It's yet another Galaxy promotion (hence the inclusion of achievements) combined with an attempt at boosting Deus Ex sales (hence the silly minimum requirement regarding ownership of the GOG version).
If that requirement wasn't there then you could play Deus Ex for free by just downloading the mod, which Square Enix wouldn't be happy with.
Hawkbird: If that requirement wasn't there then you could play Deus Ex for free by just downloading the mod, which Square Enix wouldn't be happy with.
I'm sorry but I don't quite follow... are you saying it would aggravate them if people who have long since purchased a non-GOG copy of the game were playing it?
Alright, so I do have the GOG Deus Ex GOTY - and one point isn't clear to me:

Is it required to have a Galaxy installation as well? (I don't care about "achievements")

Asking further - some GOG games (presumably Deus Ex GOTY is going to be another one - but I haven't checked yet) install Galaxy "services" even if the Galaxy "client" isn't installed or downloaded.

I have those services set to "Disabled" so they won't run.

Will GOG Deus Ex GOTY and this Revision mod run under those conditions?
Hawkbird: If that requirement wasn't there then you could play Deus Ex for free by just downloading the mod, which Square Enix wouldn't be happy with.
Lemon_Curry: I'm sorry but I don't quite follow... are you saying it would aggravate them if people who have long since purchased a non-GOG copy of the game were playing it?
I'd say it's more like they don't want to have content that they own (especially one they're still making money on) distributed for free.
Hawkbird: I'd say it's more like they don't want to have content that they own (especially one they're still making money on) distributed for free.
Who is distributing Deus Ex for free? The mod still requires the base game in order to run.
Damn, finally an incentive to play the original Deus Ex again. It's been too long.
Is there any mod that overhauls only the graphics?
Martek: Alright, so I do have the GOG Deus Ex GOTY - and one point isn't clear to me:

Is it required to have a Galaxy installation as well? (I don't care about "achievements")

Asking further - some GOG games (presumably Deus Ex GOTY is going to be another one - but I haven't checked yet) install Galaxy "services" even if the Galaxy "client" isn't installed or downloaded.

I have those services set to "Disabled" so they won't run.

Will GOG Deus Ex GOTY and this Revision mod run under those conditions?
As I said in my post above you can get this mod as a standalone, or to add to existing game from their site. link in that post.

However you can still get an offline installer for the GOG version, but it's slightly different due to being on the store.
You must "Buy" the mod for the exorbitant price of £0.00 (free), as with any store game/DLC.
Once that's done, it appears in your Deus Ex GOTY section as a DLC download.

Achievements are linked to the store client (Galaxy), just like Steam usually does them, but you already said you don't care about such things.

To be clear all GOG offline installers are identical to Galaxy files, so you do get the Galaxy.DLL.
I don't even use Galaxy, so they are useless, but GOG isn't going to make a special non Galaxy release.
When you don't have/run Galaxy these files are not used, you can't just delete them though (I tried).
As Galaxy needs them, they must exist, just in case you decide to use Galaxy.
Post edited April 08, 2017 by UhuruNUru