It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More pretty. Still gritty.

<span class="bold">Deus Ex: Revision</span>, a mod which drastically overhauls the FPS/RPG masterpiece while preserving its greatness, is now available for FREE on GOG.com!

Every time the game is mentioned, someone will reinstall it. Make sure that's you, to check out all the augmentations this mod brings: New environments, new details that better flesh out its cyberpunk world, improved textures and 3D models, a new soundtrack, and more! What's more, thanks to the awesome team behind the mod, you can now collect 200+ GOG Galaxy achievements while playing Deus Ex: Revision.

To use this mod you need to own the original <span class="bold">Deus Ex GOTY</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
Oh, looks like there was a wish and it can be completed: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/deus_ex_revision
I'm little confused about this mod as I don't feel like buying same game again, but judging from the comments it's not worth anyway... or it is?
I love the fact they added Anti-Epilepsy option to the game. One of my friends suffers with this problem.

UhuruNUru: Achievements are linked to the store client (Galaxy)
Actually you can get achievements even if you don't use Galaxy.
I got one yesterday (can't remember exactly how it was called, I remember there was "sacrifice" somewhere).
Post edited April 08, 2017 by almabrds
XeidiDent: Is there any mod that overhauls only the graphics?
Deus Ex New Vision (NOT REVISION) along with Kenties launcher with DX10 renderer.
XeidiDent: Is there any mod that overhauls only the graphics?
armitom: Deus Ex New Vision (NOT REVISION) along with Kenties launcher with DX10 renderer.
Also with the HDTP mod. There are a lot of good mods.
The GMDX mod is notoriously better than this one.
strange-benhur: is this the first time a mod has become available on GOG like this?

I do not come here offend so I do not know this. also is there a reason why it was put on the store page?
nightcraw1er.488: Nope, there is already at least one mod being sold on here for Mount & Blade - what was Brytenwalda. Think there may be at least one more.
Does the Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines patch count?

Final Doom and the Master Levels count too, as that was made by modders (one half of Final Doom actually being controversial for that reason). Quake 2 also includes a Netpack with mods, and I'm pretty sure both Unreal Tournament games include some kind of mod content. There's also the whole reason why some people don't like Night Dive over System Shock 2, Strife runs on Chocolate Strife too. Oh, and Aliens vs. Predator is playable on modern computers mostly because of fan interaction (IIRC on Steam FFVII/VIII owes it's PC port re-release to fans for the same reason).

In the "half true half false" pool, you have Warsaw (came from Quake 3's open sourced engine; many mods like Urban Terror became standalone using this method) and BGEE/BG2EE/IWDEE and soon PSTEE (An extensive amount content was at least based on mods, if not taken wholesale with the modder's agreement. Modders also took roles in development in some cases IIRC.)
Post edited April 10, 2017 by Projectsonic
that's a really good news, bought this game several months ago at gog, i thought this mod suppose to be steam exclusive. so i bought it again on stem without ever thinking it will released officially on gog.

thumbs up gog
skeletonbow: Cool.

Prediction: Galaxy 2.0 with GOG MOD Workshop integration, coming in 2024 to a Galaxy near you! :)
And Cyberpunk 2077 coming to Linux in 2077 in virtual reality near you ;)
UhuruNUru: It 's up to you how you use the mod. Here's the official mod site
<span class="bold">Download Revision &mdash; Deus Ex: Revision</span>

Just get the mod from there.
To me it looks like that you can only download the mod for the Steam version of the game from that URL. At least that's what the download page states:

"Standalone Installer [..]
It requires that you already own Deus Ex Game of the Year through Steam, and is intended to serve as an alternative download for those who encounter difficulties with the Steam servers."

Martek: Asking further - some GOG games (presumably Deus Ex GOTY is going to be another one - but I haven't checked yet) install Galaxy "services" even if the Galaxy "client" isn't installed or downloaded.

I have those services set to "Disabled" so they won't run.
Is there a list of games available which do that? And what kind of "services" are that?
Post edited April 09, 2017 by eiii
UhuruNUru: To be clear all GOG offline installers are identical to Galaxy files, so you do get the Galaxy.DLL.
I don't even use Galaxy, so they are useless, but GOG isn't going to make a special non Galaxy release.
When you don't have/run Galaxy these files are not used, you can't just delete them though (I tried).
As Galaxy needs them, they must exist, just in case you decide to use Galaxy.
They must not. But that's another problem with Galaxy. Instead of loading the Galaxy libraries dynamically, when the Galaxy client actually is installed, all games which support Galaxy are bloated with Galaxy libraries now. How do you know that these libraries are not used, that this really is dead code, when the Galaxy client is not installed? Posts from other users seem to indicate that some Galaxy functionality still is used, even when the client is not installed. I would like to know what kind of "functionality" that is.
Post edited April 09, 2017 by eiii
ColBashar: To answer the question about why this mod is being promoted as DLC, it's because Revision is officially sanctioned by Square Enix. Caustic Creative went through the process of having the mod legally cleared for distribution. There were issues like textures that had to be replaced for copyright and also an effort made to tie Deus Ex in with the prequels by adding lore text that references events and entities from Human Revolution.

As for what the mod does, it's basically a map pack for the campaign missions. Some maps are complete reworks from the ground up while others are essentially the same as the originals but with added props. It also integrates the Human Renovation, Shifter, and Biomod mods. Note that you can't play with the vanilla mechanics, you have to choose one of those mods to play Revision (Human Renovation is default and treated as "vanilla"). The mod also comes with an optional alternate musical score which is more ambient, like the prequels.
Square enix should eat hearty piles of shit festering in corpse leakage! My hatred for those pricks goes far beyond that which can be attributed to child rapists and various scum...

You guys should just give The nameless mod and every other mod over at Mod db a go before this, I will however thank gog for their generosity in offering this for us, and I might as well give it a go seeing as I already installed it before reading about squarenix's possible infection into the modding community...
Post edited April 09, 2017 by takezodunmer2005
Are all the achievements supposed to be secret?

Also, I have a RX 470, but I can't reliably run this at maxed settings? What is going on? :P
Post edited April 09, 2017 by Random_Coffee
Random_Coffee: Are all the achievements supposed to be secret?
Not at all, the full list is included in the goodies section. :P
Random_Coffee: Are all the achievements supposed to be secret?
Lemon_Curry: Not at all, the full list is included in the goodies section. :P
Aha.. this will take a while.. :P