It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

More pretty. Still gritty.

<span class="bold">Deus Ex: Revision</span>, a mod which drastically overhauls the FPS/RPG masterpiece while preserving its greatness, is now available for FREE on GOG.com!

Every time the game is mentioned, someone will reinstall it. Make sure that's you, to check out all the augmentations this mod brings: New environments, new details that better flesh out its cyberpunk world, improved textures and 3D models, a new soundtrack, and more! What's more, thanks to the awesome team behind the mod, you can now collect 200+ GOG Galaxy achievements while playing Deus Ex: Revision.

To use this mod you need to own the original <span class="bold">Deus Ex GOTY</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 18, 2017 by maladr0Id
fishbaits: gog advertise galaxy as optional, when lately their patches (aka full re-DLs because they decided we don't deserve proper patches unless using galaxy...) shows that it isn't optional.
This, if as their store page states, confirms that it isn't.
Wishbone: Given that you can download a standalone installer for it, my guess is that you only need Galaxy if you want the achievements.
That's what I thought it must've been, but it's badly worded in store page.
At least they've not turned into steam, yet ;)
high rated
Ixamyakxim: I'd think he could just download the mod from the site of the mod makers, no? Or is this a wholly GoG exclusive mod? Or is it only distributed through storefronts because it's an officially sanctioned mod?
Officially, the mod used to require Steam, but now, it also supports GOG. For a while, the team behind the mod said that they weren't allowed to release the mod outside Steam, because Square Enix didn't allow them to do so.
Hopefully it will allow it to work. I have both the Steam and GoG version and neither run unless I disable sound.
Caustic really need to fire their web designer, the page is a textbook example of Javascript abuse:
https://www.dx-revision.com/

Seriously, has anyone in the history ever been reading something and thinking "I really wish the text would slowly fly into the page as I'm trying to read it"? What should have been just a static page now runs like crap on my machine. I should not have to worry about framerate on a non-interactive web page of all things.

ColBashar: ...
Thank you, I was always wondering why there was no regular download for the mod.

Ixamyakxim: ...
You can play the game as mainly stealth, even the first mission can be played by stealth. Just watch a playthrough if you don't believe me.
When I start the game through Galaxy, screen resolution only shows an empty field.
Great to see this kind of community stuff hosted by GOG, I hope other games will follow.

Fallouts and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines come to mind as good candidates for hosted community patches.
Wishbone: Given that you can download a standalone installer for it, my guess is that you only need Galaxy if you want the achievements.
fishbaits: That's what I thought it must've been, but it's badly worded in store page.
At least they've not turned into steam, yet ;)
Not quite, no ;-)

I agree with you about the patches though. It really is annoying that full downloads seem to be the order of the day now.
I really wish this ran on Linux. I'm pretty sure there was a Loki port of Deus Ex at some point.

Unreal runs on Linux using the Old Unreal update. It surprises me that no one has made it happen.
Post edited September 06, 2021 by bit.rot
"Hey, guys. No good games this week. Or last week. So uh... here's a mod!"
darthspudius: Did they fix the god awful voice over, music and gameplay?
Lovely as always, I see.

blotunga: I'll wait for P1na's comparison to see if I'll install it or not :D. Since he's our resident Deus Ex expert, he might be able to tell us if the mod makes the game better or not.

On the other hand, great job guys!
Unfortunately, I'm kinda very busy at the moment and won't be able to play it much. What I can tell, is that it's an excuse to replay it, and that should be more than enough.

Although, I think I tried an early version of this mod quite a while back. At the time, it felt like the same thing but with a lot more busywork: more plants and cans and stuff on the scenario, but still essentially the same. I'm curious about how much it's changed since then.
low rated
darthspudius: Did they fix the god awful voice over, music and gameplay?
P1na: Lovely as always, I see.

blotunga: I'll wait for P1na's comparison to see if I'll install it or not :D. Since he's our resident Deus Ex expert, he might be able to tell us if the mod makes the game better or not.

On the other hand, great job guys!
P1na: Unfortunately, I'm kinda very busy at the moment and won't be able to play it much. What I can tell, is that it's an excuse to replay it, and that should be more than enough.

Although, I think I tried an early version of this mod quite a while back. At the time, it felt like the same thing but with a lot more busywork: more plants and cans and stuff on the scenario, but still essentially the same. I'm curious about how much it's changed since then.
Well yeah, I could have said it was shite but didn't. :P
trusteft:
Ixamyakxim: I'd think he could just download the mod from the site of the mod makers, no? Or is this a wholly GoG exclusive mod? Or is it only distributed through storefronts because it's an officially sanctioned mod?
I think so.
Question for Deus EX players :

For someone who never played a Deus Ex game and want to go into it, what would be your advice ?
1) Play original Deux Ex
2) Play that mod
3) Skip the original and go directly to Human revolution/Mankind divided
Aurelien92: Question for Deus EX players :

For someone who never played a Deus Ex game and want to go into it, what would be your advice ?
1) Play original Deux Ex
2) Play that mod
3) Skip the original and go directly to Human revolution/Mankind divided
Either 1 or 4.

4) Play with GMDX mod.