It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
SmashManiac: As for the new bugs, can you give me some examples? I can't find a comprehensive list of them.
The internet isn't big enough.
low rated
Pangaea666: An utterly disgusting release. I hope nobody, absolutely nobody, buys it. Of course they will, but a man can wish.

This moneygrabbing company stealing money off the work of others doesn't deserve anybody's money, or anybody's respect.

How the hell did they get the rights to these games to begin with?

These chumps could remaster a diamond, and end up with a bag of dirt.
tfishell: To be expected, but worth pointing out in bold I think.
Pangaea666: Also completely and utterly disgusting. Whatever the reason for this, SHAME ON YOU GOG. And more importantly, SHAME ON SHITEDOG for ass-raping yet another classic. Where will it end? Use the constitution of the United States as toilet paper? I'm sure it would be great. And you could charge TWICE THE PRICE for it. Great deals. Lots of great deals...
You win the over the top rant of the month competition.
InkPanther: What the heck is going on with massive downvoting in this thread?

Edit: Everybody who's not content with the pre-order is upvoted, and everybody who's happy about it or admits to pre-ordering is downvoted. It's so unbelievably petty and pathetic...
HunchBluntley: Some people's opinions are Very Important and Obviously Right, so they like to vote on everything to reconfirm their opinions to themselves and strike back against those Not Important or Obviously Wrong ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶p̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ sheeple.
It's also possible that they think they're watching a reality contest show and they're voting to "save" or "banish" a contestant, or something.
This, If you want to have a discussion about the pros and cons of Beamdog, fine,but this over the top bordering on flame war tone of this discussion is an example of the worst side of Interenet forums.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by dudalb
Starmaker: Have you kept up with the recent developments at Wizards?
Well since you've asked I've kept tabs on them on&off since the mid 90s (when certain idiots within my gaming group were allowing this collectible card game / cardboard crack crap to intrude upon the time that my gaming group had supposedly set aside for D&D) and more regularly starting in '97 (when WotC bought out TSR to save them from Lorraine Williams' mess and bankruptcy). It's also the reason why I stopped purchasing WotC material about 2005 despite the fact I was still playing D&D and DM of 2 different campaigns, I was buying 3rd party material though. Since 2008 I've been buying and playing Pathfinder material while reading off&on how the current division operating under the WotC name has been taking D&D farther away from what I had previously like about it.
There's no D&D anymore, it's a cash grab for a couple of grifters and a licensing outfit.
Yep, that tends to happen when previously independent companies are bought out by international conglomerates; they're sifted (raped) for IP to license. Luckily Ryan Dancey and Peter Adkison had the foresight to ensure that no one company could hold D&D (the game not necessarily the name) hostage with the SRD/OGL (see the references to 3rd party & Pathfinder above). One doesn't even need to go that route, Pillars of Eternity & Tyranny are modern Infinity Engine games in all but name. Both Pathfinder & Pillars of Eternity are set in what appears to be Forgotten Realms with the serial numbers filed off.
If anything, Wizards would prefer to show higher sales for a new licensed product (so I believe it's their unilateral decision), and Hasbro is too big to care about D&D as a whole: a single game is just dust under pony hooves.
While that maybe be true; which do you think will be more likely make your opinion be heard by the most relevant parties, directly contacting WotC & Hasbro or bitching about the situation on the forum of some random digital distribution game retailer?...
Pangaea666: An utterly disgusting release. I hope nobody, absolutely nobody, buys it. Of course they will, but a man can wish.

This moneygrabbing company stealing money off the work of others doesn't deserve anybody's money, or anybody's respect.

How the hell did they get the rights to these games to begin with?

These chumps could remaster a diamond, and end up with a bag of dirt.

Also completely and utterly disgusting. Whatever the reason for this, SHAME ON YOU GOG. And more importantly, SHAME ON SHITEDOG for ass-raping yet another classic. Where will it end? Use the constitution of the United States as toilet paper? I'm sure it would be great. And you could charge TWICE THE PRICE for it. Great deals. Lots of great deals...
dudalb: You win the over the top rant of the month competition.
I dunno, there wasn't enough ridiculous hyperbole in it for my taste. He didn't compare it to the Holocaust even once, or use the phrase "brainwashed masses/sheeple". 6/10
EDIT: At least richlind33 implied a slippery slope argument that a private video game company removing a game from individual sale could somehow lead to the gummint suspending First Amendment rights. He wasn't flashy, but he had panache.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by HunchBluntley
low rated
dtgreene: In all seriousness, seeing as the main character's name is not known (or doesn't even exist), I think they (the original developers, not the ones in charge of the EE) should have made that character of ambiguous gender, or perhaps genderless.
mkess: For that you have to ask your fellow genderbigots and SJW of the new Bioware under EA. But it does not fit in the slightest to this story. Maybe you should play the original to the different endings, before even uttering such senseless and dumb nonsense.
Is the character being male an essential part the story, or is that an unnecessary or irrelevant detail?

Edit: Reworded a bit.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by dtgreene
high rated
mkess: For that you have to ask your fellow genderbigots and SJW of the new Bioware under EA. But it does not fit in the slightest to this story. Maybe you should play the original to the different endings, before even uttering such senseless and dumb nonsense.
dtgreene: Does the character being male fit into the story, or is that an unnecessary or irrelevant detail?
Your constant self-/man hatred offends me.
low rated
InkPanther: Edit: Everybody who's not content with the pre-order is upvoted, and everybody who's happy about it or admits to pre-ordering is downvoted. It's so unbelievably petty and pathetic...
Vythonaut: You should already know there are folks around here that downvote for all the wrong reasons and most importantly for not agreeing with someone else's view[...]
Indeed. However, it did not use to be so much like this. This is new.

Upvoting was ment for pointing out useful, informative posts, while downvoting was for uncivil ones...

Mmm... I wonder how many multiaccounts are operating in this thread today. Like, has the conversation level gone down so abruptly from one day to another, or is it more like some very dedicated fellas who have little else to do, whose opinions are so meaningful that they require multiple voting.

Less politically correctly put: are there so many, er, misguided lurkers here in GOG for real or they have to copypaste them? Both possibilities are funny ;) One bets on widespread silliness; the other, in the obsessive behaviour of a few sorry guys--or even one.

Maybe both are true? :D

Hopefully, all is curable, right? (lie to me, say yes plz).

EDIT: added a most important word: opinion. Especially important because it refers to the opinions of BD haters... ;)

EDIT2: Man, now expecting any kind of meaningful voting in this thread feels like watching the fat boy of the glasses saying 'I have the conch shell', you know ;) Ah, Golding and his utter rebuke of Rousseau!

EDIT3: For those who are wondering how Golding could manage to rebuke Rousseau without watching Lost first, it was just that he was full of magic.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Carradice
low rated
Okay, but when will it be released? Will I be forced to pre-order to get the 30% discount?
low rated
I dunno, there wasn't enough ridiculous hyperbole in it for my taste. He didn't compare it to the Holocaust even once, or use the phrase "brainwashed masses/sheeple". 6/10
You have a point; he did not quite go into tinfoil hat conspiracy territory. But IMHO the comparing of PT to the US Constiutiion is right up ther with the Holocaust in the "Outrageous Comparasions" territory.

I am not a Beamdog fanboy;I had a low opinion of SoD,and agreed that that original releases of the EE's had way,way, too many bugs.,and was not thrilled with some of the additions. Luckily, though, the new material could pretty much be ignored. But the hatred and hyperbole, and acting like this is some kind of Crime Against Humanity are silly. As is the failure to understand the realities of the business world.
PT was getting harder and harder to run on modern systems, even with the mods fixes installed. And lots of players will not jump through the hoops to make the game playable on a modern rig.That is just a face of life .(IMHO console gaming has a lot to do with that, people just want to click and start playing without hoops to jump through).
high rated
Dizzy_Gear: [...]

Also, why the hell is GOG merging the two? That's the biggest reason why I refuse to buy either of the Baldur's Gate games and the first Icewind Dale.
This is by far the most legit concern. Why the hell is GOG merging the two? Why is it suddenly impossible to get Planescape: Torment without the "EE" tacked on, at the base price, and without being forced to support Beamdog?
low rated
Nix31: Okay, but when will it be released? Will I be forced to pre-order to get the 30% discount?
April 11th.
Yes, you have to preorder to get the discount for those who own PT on Gog. The offer expires April 4th.
low rated
Now all we need is a remastered Icewind Dale 2 and we're done with the infinity engine cRPG's ;)

Though I'm losing track of new RPG's on PC. Are there any coming out that haven't been announced formerly for GOG yet?
low rated
Pax11: OK, are the post ratings broken, or are people actually down-voting people who say something as benign as "I bought it?" There are an incredible number of posts hidden from me due to low ratings, and once I unhide them, most just say they plan on buying the release.
One suggestion: Go to your account settings, and uncheck the boxes by "Hide posts". The reputation system on this site has been abused to the point of being broken, and it is best to minimize the impact of it on your viewing of the forum.

Now, if only there were a way to disable "low rated" topics automatically appearing gray, even when there are new posts in the topic...
low rated
Dizzy_Gear: [...]

Also, why the hell is GOG merging the two? That's the biggest reason why I refuse to buy either of the Baldur's Gate games and the first Icewind Dale.
Luckmann: This is by far the most legit concern. Why the hell is GOG merging the two? Why is it suddenly impossible to get Planescape: Torment without the "EE" tacked on, at the base price, and without being forced to support Beamdog?
Because Beamdog or Hasbro chose to do it that way. It is not Gog's decision to make.
You think people would understand that when it comes to pricing,the company that owns the gqmes makes the final call.
dudalb: April 11th.
Yes, you have to preorder to get the discount for those who own PT on Gog. The offer expires April 4th.
Thank you, I just noticed on the game page where it says "This item will be available for download on April 11, 2017." (don't know why it's not on the news page).

Shame about the preorder exclusive discount.