It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
low rated
GreasyDogMeat: It's especially funny/sad when there was absolutely no logical segue into it. If I were being critical of Obama I'd at least understand the connection.
I'll clarify it for you:

You said people were "losing their jobs because of their political beliefs".

He's implying "No. Racists are losing their jobs for being racist".

There.
low rated
HunchBluntley: Garbage thread, garbage thread
This has turned into a garbage thread
Garbage thread, garbage thread
Gives me pain in my fuckin' head
Look out! This's now a garbage threeeeeeaaad!
I got it! '60's Spiderman cartoon theme!
DaCostaBR: I'll clarify it for you:

You said people were "losing their jobs because of their political beliefs".

He's implying "No. Racists are losing their jobs for being racist".

There.
So he is trying to suggest that anytime I white person loses their job for their 'political beliefs' it is because they were actually racist. Got it. Well... I'm not talking about that... I'm talking literally political beliefs. Then again all us Trump supporters are racists by default so I guess I can see how he made that leap of logic.
low rated
GreasyDogMeat: So he is trying to suggest that anytime I white person loses their job for their 'political beliefs' it is because they were actually racist. Got it. Well... I'm not talking about that... I'm talking literally political beliefs. Then again all us Trump supporters are racists by default so I guess I can see how he made that leap of logic.
I think the nearly 20 page debate on the JonTron/Playtonic debacle show it's really not so simple. That by the way is where any conversation of this kind should be taken to, instead of dragging down this thread.
DaCostaBR: I think the nearly 20 page debate on the JonTron/Playtonic debacle show it's really not so simple. That by the way is where any conversation of this kind should be taken to, instead of dragging down this thread.
Fair enough.
high rated
Ya know, some people COULD not support Beamdog based on the fact that they released buggy versions of venerable old games, screw up the art, screw around with the originals, and not on whatever bullshit ideology they claim to follow for brownie points is.

Just saying. Not everyone's an -ist, just because we're not fans of either their business practices, their modification unfriendliness, or their penchant for ruining classic series. I believe that's been touched on numerous times in this thread, but don't mind me. Go ahead and keep making up false narratives and infantilize yourselves a bit further though. That certainly seems to be helping this thread.
tfishell: To be expected, but worth pointing out in bold I think.
RadonGOG: Quite interesting BTW, after that fusion NeverwinterNights will be GOGs official bestseller. NeverwinterNights... *weird*
Not necessarily. Currently Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition is the first item of page 20/39. That's halfway back to the top and it's only been a one day or so since the pre-order announcement. I think the discount offered for current owners of the original on GOG is helping (even if only very slightly) with the boost back to the top.

By comparison Torment: Tides of Numenera is currently the 38th item on page 30/39. It's been moving up little by little, but hasn't gotten nearly as far. That might be because of cost, but I think it's even more because of the split between separate editions which actually differed only by the extra content, but not in-game content so it's the same game no matter what edition. Part way through the pre-order for that one the extra content was offered as separate downloads, too.

So, unfortunately from the poor decisions in the beginning to have three editions that were actually the same version, Torment: Tides of Numenera won't ever be making it to the top. If they'd made the extra content only as separate DLC from the beginning (t.i. if they had any foresight…) then the main game would have been much further up the list.
Post edited March 30, 2017 by thomq
high rated
LiquidOxygen80: Ya know, some people COULD not support Beamdog based on the fact that they released buggy versions of venerable old games, screw up the art, screw around with the originals, and not on whatever bullshit ideology they claim to follow for brownie points is.

Just saying. Not everyone's an -ist, just because we're not fans of either their business practices, their modification unfriendliness, or their penchant for ruining classic series. I believe that's been touched on numerous times in this thread, but don't mind me. Go ahead and keep making up false narratives and infantilize yourselves a bit further though. That certainly seems to be helping this thread.
Couldn't agree more.
thomq: It's been moving up little by little, but hasn't gotten nearly as far.
There may be a simple reason: It is a Kickstarter game if I remember rightly, so that means a fair number of copies are sold before the games are placed on the storefront. These Kickstarter keys might not be taken into account for the distributor's public charts.
dudalb: If you call a black person a N Word, is that a Political Leaning?
And if you call a white person a "white bread" or something like that, that is not racist?

The situation, when you repeat the "N word is bad" song (out of nowhere!), but you go silence mode about racism addressed to white people - that's showing you as a racist.

I've just hit you by your weapon - how do you feel right now?
low rated
IwubCheeze: Yup, just woke up and I don't think I've ever seen a thread on a new game degenerate into a fuckfest like this. Wonder if GOG is considering locking it :)
No, please dont :) The more racists and bigots from all corners of the political spectrum have the opportunity to present their mindset, the better for all of us. Because now everyone can easily see, what goes on in their heads. There is no mincing around anymore, this is what they are.
dudalb: If you call a black person a N Word, is that a Political Leaning?
Cygi: And if you call a white person a "white bread" or something like that, that is not racist?
...maybe? I'd say not really, though, as white people, as a group, have never been oppressed, and have never had oppressors that used that term on them. If there was a time in history that that happened, then yeah, I'm sure calling a white person "white bread" would be pretty damn racist now. But it's not, because it has no weight to it, no dark history attached to it. The N-word, of course, does.
The N-word? That's still my favorite South Park episode!
Cygi: And if you call a white person a "white bread" or something like that, that is not racist?
Elrood: ...maybe? I'd say not really, though, as white people, as a group, have never been oppressed, and have never had oppressors that used that term on them. If there was a time in history that that happened, then yeah, I'm sure calling a white person "white bread" would be pretty damn racist now. But it's not, because it has no weight to it, no dark history attached to it. The N-word, of course, does.
Many urban areas in several countries around the world are unsafe for light skinned people because of racism and there you also have those words thrown around and used as deep insults and enemy markings.

The problem is, that most humans are too dumb to see the problem (the very principle of racism, sexism, etc...) and only manage to see some physical enemies which they desperately seem to need to organize their "friend or foe" mindset coming straight from the stone age.
Post edited March 30, 2017 by Klumpen0815
high rated
Elrood: ...maybe? I'd say not really, though, as white people, as a group, have never been oppressed, and have never had oppressors that used that term on them. If there was a time in history that that happened, then yeah, I'm sure calling a white person "white bread" would be pretty damn racist now. But it's not, because it has no weight to it, no dark history attached to it. The N-word, of course, does.
Egypt had a very high percentage of white slaves (Mediteranian ones). The irish and the scots were oppressed by the English. There has been oppression towards every race out there all through history.

Racism is racism. If you look down on someone based on their skin-color or their origin, it is racism. Doesn't matter who it is, or which race "had it worst" in the past. If you look at numbers, the native Americans had it "worst" over in the US. They went through a holocaust.