It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
doady: I actually like that they started to bundle original and Enhanced versions together, without increasing the price for the Enhanced - no need for spend twice to get both versions. $20 USD is more than reasonable for both original and Enhanced versions of the game.
I only kind of agree with that, and it will probably get down to ~$6 or so on sale, too (eventually).
Grargar: You do know that both System Shock and Strife come with their original versions here, right?
HiPhish: The point is that you cannot buy only the original if you don't want any of the enhancements. Quite frankly, I don't see the point of paying extra just to have a crummy source port included when I could just put the WAD into a source port of my choice myself. [...]
I don't know much about Strife, but System Shock has no source ports (I don't think Night Dive even had the source code until sometime last year, and they haven't yet released it, though apparently they plan to). Before the EE, your only "choice" was System Shock Portable, elements of which were incorporated into the EE (some in improved form).
Also, at least in System Shock's case, had the DOSBox version been released separately, it almost certainly would have been 10 dollars (because System Shock!), which is what the EE + classic package goes for anyway.

GOG.com: The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

. . .

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.
denali: So... Do I have to send you copies of my receipt where I purchased it? I didn't buy it through GOG...
They meant "owners of the GOG version of the original". :)
Post edited March 29, 2017 by HunchBluntley
high rated
Instead of all these "enhanced" versions of already perfect games, how about some new games? Or is that just too much to ask of Beamdog?
low rated
InkPanther: What the heck is going on with massive downvoting in this thread?

Edit: Everybody who's not content with the pre-order is upvoted, and everybody who's happy about it or admits to pre-ordering is downvoted. It's so unbelievably petty and pathetic...
Well, I don't like the EE and I'm downvoted, but that's because I called out an alleged fan of Original Most Holy PS:T for not knowing who developed it. With all the passion of "oldschool fans" in the thread, you'd think "PS:T is and was the best Bioware ever produced" would've been downvoted into the Mariana trench, but no, ranting about JEWSJEWSJEWS makes up for everything.

I submitted it to the archive. mkess, your idiocy will be more immortal than TNO.
high rated
No money until I'm sure that Beamdog hasn't screwed around with the actual content.

Edit: Everybody who's not content with the pre-order is upvoted, and everybody who's happy about it or admits to pre-ordering is downvoted. It's so unbelievably petty and pathetic...
Some people's opinions are Very Important and Obviously Right, so they like to vote on everything to reconfirm their opinions to themselves and strike back against those Not Important or Obviously Wrong ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶p̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ sheeple.
It's also possible that they think they're watching a reality contest show and they're voting to "save" or "banish" a contestant, or something.
Vythonaut: Wouldn't be better to put all this effort down to create something original instead?
eiii: They already have demonstrated how well that works, haven't they? ;)
Well, I don't consider Dragonspear as an original creation but, from what i've read about it, it seems you're right!
high rated
An utterly disgusting release. I hope nobody, absolutely nobody, buys it. Of course they will, but a man can wish.

This moneygrabbing company stealing money off the work of others doesn't deserve anybody's money, or anybody's respect.

How the hell did they get the rights to these games to begin with?

These chumps could remaster a diamond, and end up with a bag of dirt.
GOG.com: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com.

The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released.

Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.
tfishell: To be expected, but worth pointing out in bold I think.
Also completely and utterly disgusting. Whatever the reason for this, SHAME ON YOU GOG. And more importantly, SHAME ON SHITEDOG for ass-raping yet another classic. Where will it end? Use the constitution of the United States as toilet paper? I'm sure it would be great. And you could charge TWICE THE PRICE for it. Great deals. Lots of great deals...
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Pangaea666

If you are worried, the sales speak for themselves. Currently, Planescape Torment enhanced edition is at the top of the popular sales list. The one thing I don't get is why does the publisher/whoever in charge insists that the classic edition have to bundled instead of being sold separately? Because you can't use mods on an older version (I use mods for BG2, which is how I know this. Old mods don't work on the new BG2 enhanced, unless updated, and that is an impossibility, as some of the mod creators are long gone). Not to mention, the enhanced editions, come fully enhanced with bugs and needs time to be fixed.

countrybluesgtr: Instead of all these "enhanced" versions of already perfect games, how about some new games? Or is that just too much to ask of Beamdog?
I'd be down for that. If they could give you choices like what the recent isometric RPG games do, where you could customize your character.. pick gender... select skills..etc.. and create a game with a vivid world (and make sure it's not buggy as hell upon release), I'd buy it. So far, I haven't gotten any of their enhanced editions. They earn no cash from me.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Nicole28
low rated
I generally welcome enhanced editions, in fact I just played through System Shock - Enhanced Edition and had a blast. To be able to run it natively on Windows 10 was just super convenient and pretty cool. And I don't care what the purists say or that the game was never intended to be played like this, I enjoyed it nonetheless.

So I really don't get most of the negativity and people who criticize Beamdog for re-working classic games and the lack of innovation that comes with it. Plenty of new RPGs are released every year, and really good ones too. I don't think there's any shortage of new RPGs whatsoever and remastering old classics and making them more accessible to modern audiences is a valid business model.

And yeah, BD might have screwed up once or twice before. Maybe they'll do so again who knows. But I'm not gonna be the one to judge beforehand.

I pre-ordered because I never got to play the original and I'm not too fond of mods. This appears to be a solid effort and Chris Avellone definitely has a good reputation.
Pangaea666: I hope nobody, absolutely nobody, buys it.
Too late.
Post edited March 29, 2017 by amurgaming
Pangaea666: An utterly disgusting release. I hope nobody, absolutely nobody, buys it.
Khmm . Check the " popular " list on the front page .
low rated
Can't decide whether to be impressed by the mass-ratings of comments, or get sad at throwing a mob mentality to.. make a point to the dev?

Looks about as good as BG:EE, too bad I don't have much time to get to PT at all.

EDIT: Haha-ty ha. Ha.
Post edited March 31, 2017 by WesleyB
low rated
OK, are the post ratings broken, or are people actually down-voting people who say something as benign as "I bought it?" There are an incredible number of posts hidden from me due to low ratings, and once I unhide them, most just say they plan on buying the release.

I realize these new "enhanced" editions are a bit polarizing, but seriously, can people please be allowed to have a different opinion?

And for those who ask how BeamDog got the rights to the games, I'd suggest they paid for the rights. We don't all have to like it, and we can be upset the originals are not available separately. Neither of these is an unreasonable response. But it is unreasonable to down vote someone who said nothing more than "I'm gonna buy it" or 'I bought it."

OK, off my soapbox, and I apologize if another post or several already addressed this. I have to get to work and don't have time to read ten pages of posts, especially when I have to unhide half of them.

Pax
InkPanther: Edit: Everybody who's not content with the pre-order is upvoted, and everybody who's happy about it or admits to pre-ordering is downvoted. It's so unbelievably petty and pathetic...
You should already know there are folks around here that downvote for all the wrong reasons and most importantly for not agreeing with someone else's view. They are the same folks who would shut your mouth with their hands if you happened to meet them up close -- oh wait, that's right, they'd never do this in the meatspace*. *sighs* In any case, don't bother with post voting since it has lost its meaning a long time ago - if there ever was one.

* obvious reference to Technobabylon is obvious :P
low rated
lubwak: So will it be "enhanced" ideologically as well? To, you know, gradually mould people's minds? Not only we have the ideological conditioning in basically every TV series, film, comic book around (and in more and more games, now they are "adjusting" the old good thought-independent games. And Beamdog has done it, so the enhanced edition is not necessarily a good piece of news, especially that the purchase of the old version will be blocked by GOG (WTF GOG, rlly!).
You have your tin foil hat on too tight.........

I am probably going to regret asking this, but what Idologicall Conditioning are you rating about?