It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
low rated
dudalb: If you call a black person a N Word, is that a Political Leaning?
GreasyDogMeat: "Losing your job over political leanings" does not = calling a black person the "N word".

"Losing a job to a diversity quota hire" does not = calling a black person the "N word".

"Getting assaulted by groups like BLM" have to do with them being racist a-holes, not with some white instigating it with the "N word".
This discussion is over, since All I get from you is talking points straight from the Alt Riight.

I apologize. I should have seen that a couple of people were hijacking this thread to spread their Political BS and not have played into their hands.
Post edited March 30, 2017 by dudalb
HunchBluntley: Darker gray means that either you've viewed the thread before and there haven't been any new posts since you last visited it (while logged in), or that the first post is currently low rated.
It's not the best system.
Cool - thx for the info.
dudalb: This discussion is over, since All I get from you is talking points straight from the Alt Riight.
I just gave you examples of descrimination. You follow that with an odd question about if the N-word is 'political' (it's not by the way... what a dumb question). So where does that question come from in relation to my examples? You quoted my damn post so the ONLY thing I can assume is you are somehow suggesting that one of my examples used the n-word. An idiotic assumption which was the point of that response. Appears to have flown above your head though.

By all means back out... you have absolutely nothing to offer in a rational discussion.
Donald Trump is the current President of the United States.
low rated
tfishell: Donald Trump is the current President of the United States.
LIES!
low rated
Careful, or you'll fall off your soapbox.

P.S. Beamdog blows.
P.S.S. Donald Trump blows.
Post edited March 30, 2017 by titmo
high rated
dudalb: straight from the Alt Riight.
Some popular ways of dehumanisation that go along with enemy concepts:
Alt Rights, SJWs, Niggers, Gaters, Jews, Nazis, White Men, Feminists, Proletarians, Yuppis
Can we just apply any of those to everyone and be done with it?
It's not as if anyone would be willing to listen and see anyone else as a human with an individual set of opinions anyway.
high rated
Garbage thread, garbage thread
This has turned into a garbage thread
Gives me pain in my fuckin' head
Look out! This's now a garbage threeeeeeaaad!
low rated
Never get involved in a political discussion on any kind of "Fan" site dealing with popular media,be it games, movies, etc. Invarabily the worst aspects of fan behavior takes over and it becomes a yelling match. I should have followed my own advice.
HunchBluntley: Garbage thread, garbage thread
I agree, and I am embarrassed by helping to make it so.
Post edited March 30, 2017 by dudalb
Immoli: Maybe the nameless one will be genderfluid or some shit and that's why he doesn't die. He just like, changes gender
dtgreene: In all seriousness, seeing as the main character's name is not known (or doesn't even exist), I think they (the original developers, not the ones in charge of the EE) should have made that character of ambiguous gender, or perhaps genderless.
Go be non-binary somewhere else. We are not impressed.
low rated
Vythonaut: Why Beamdog is wasting resources to remaster perfectly playable games?
1. Grants from USA's government;
2. LGBT funding programs;
3. Because there are no:
- homosexual characters;
- lesbian characters;
- transsexual characters;
- bisexual characters;
- anti-[Chauvinists, Sexists, Misogynists] characters;

Now USA and European Union work hard on finding distinctions between "Them and Us", "West and East".
They also use "divide and conquer" on theirs own citizens (Easy control! Distraction from real problems).
Such "products" help in spreading agenda.
HunchBluntley: Garbage thread, garbage thread
Yup, just woke up and I don't think I've ever seen a thread on a new game degenerate into a fuckfest like this. Wonder if GOG is considering locking it :)
high rated
dudalb: I agree, and I am embarrassed by helping to make it so.
It got off topic, but there was no call to be a jerk about it. It helps to try and respect other people's views. My views are likely MUCH closer to yours than say, throgh's but I at least can respect him as he at least talks/debates in a friendly manner as opposed to 'your views are different go **** yourself'.

Still have no freaking clue where that 'n-word' topic came from or what in the hell it had to do with the discussion.
high rated
dudalb: I agree, and I am embarrassed by helping to make it so.
GreasyDogMeat: It got off topic, but there was no call to be a jerk about it. It helps to try and respect other people's views. My views are likely MUCH closer to yours than say, throgh's but I at least can respect him as he at least talks/debates in a friendly manner as opposed to 'your views are different go **** yourself'.

Still have no freaking clue where that 'n-word' topic came from or what in the hell it had to do with the discussion.
It always pops up when SJWs realize they have no argument. Just label the opposition a nazi, racist, sexist, bigot, or whatever and hope it sticks. It is really just an attempt at getting some moral high-ground to stand on. I guess it worked in 2008. Doesn't anymore.
Stig79: It always pops up when SJWs realize they have no argument. Just label the opposition a nazi, racist, sexist, bigot, or whatever and hope it sticks. It is really just an attempt at getting some moral high-ground to stand on. I guess it worked in 2008. Doesn't anymore.
It's especially funny/sad when there was absolutely no logical segue into it. If I were being critical of Obama I'd at least understand the connection.