It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% discount for owners of the original!

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer <span class="bold">Chris Avellone</span> joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just seem unable to take it off their all-time favorites list.

The 30% discount for owners of <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment</span> will last until April 4, 9 PM UTC.

Note: <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span> will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wvsqfuRHmb8?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 29, 2017 by maladr0Id
OK support request for:

€1.10 OFF ANY FUTURE PURCHASE. You get free Wallet funds (our Fair Price Package) to offset the regional pricing.

... only €0.70 was gone in the wallet
magikyr: OK support request for:

€1.10 OFF ANY FUTURE PURCHASE. You get free Wallet funds (our Fair Price Package) to offset the regional pricing.

...special tax for Germans.
magikyr: OK support request for:

Klumpen0815: ...special tax for Germans.
no i think the problem is that i own the old planscape and have 30% discount but 1,1 don't reduce

think is buggy hope the game not :p
low rated
Wow, an official Pre-order thread turned into a political and racism conference, whatever shall the blues do.
low rated
You had me at "Infinity Engine".

But before I swipe.. does it support 16:10? :)
Klumpen0815: ...special tax for Germans.
magikyr: no i think the problem is that i own the old planscape and have 30% discount but 1,1 don't reduce

think is buggy hope the game not :p
Yes, 1,10 euro wallet funds are for the full price. On the checkout page they appear correctly as 0,70 euro.

It's not the first time, this bug appears. There's no connection with the game itself. :-)
Post edited March 30, 2017 by vanchann
high rated
X-com: Wow, an official Pre-order thread turned into a political and racism conference, whatever shall the blues do.
This is what happens, when you have a bunch of people who, when encountering criticism, take out the broad brush of you all who do not like the company, their practices and products are racist, misogynist, homophic bigots.Trying to evoke emotional reactions to discredit the criticism, insult and stigmatize.

The Beamdog products, everyone of them were buggy messes at release which they did not fix at all for years, hovering with around 3 stars and many mediocre reviews before the bundling up with the classics. They may have fixed some issues with the classic title but introduced a whole lot of new bugs.

Furthermore they have no repspect for the title as a classic work in itself, they add stuff, content, change the game mechanics of it. If you want to see a studio which has respect for the classic work look at Nightdive, they enhance and add but keep the old product in itself as the original intact.

Avellone is only there as a marketing pitch, I doubt he has that much influence. My opinion, Beamdog should vanish into oblivion and be remembered as the company which had no respect for the classic work they were building their business model upon.
Post edited March 30, 2017 by MaGo72
Elrood: If there was a time in history that that happened, then yeah, I'm sure calling a white person "white bread" would be pretty damn racist now. But it's not, because it has no weight to it, no dark history attached to it. The N-word, of course, does.
White race was oppressed, and is oppressed in this time right now.
And if you're seeing oppression of black race but you're blind to oppression of white race, the answer is simple:

You-are-racist.
kwerboom: I'm thinking of picking this up just because of how hard it is to get the original running on my Windows 10 machine. I realize that Beamdog has a bad reputation for broken EE and terrible fan fiction like Dragonspear. That said if there was any EE version I was going to go in on, I think it would have to be this one. Going to sleep on that though.
LynetteC: I have the original running on Windows 10, modded as per the GOG guide which took under 10 minutes to do and it plays just fine. The only issue I had was getting a happy balance between higher resolution and being able to see the UI!

I'm not against the EEs - I own the enhanced versions of Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 and Icewind Dale and I will most likely buy this one and Siege of Dragonspear at some point in the future. I just think it's sad that the originals will not be available separately anymore. They are/were much cheaper than the new versions and may be the only versions some people would be able to afford.

Not to mention we'll never see the classic D & D bundle in the sales again - that was my first ever purchase here so I'm a little bit sentimental about that! ;-)
Thanks for the tip. I used an install guide to get Planescape running on WIndows 10, but I guess with all the OS patches and driver updates something must have gotten screwed up. Uninstalling and reinstalling worked wonders and the game is back to working without skipping, blinking, and artifacts.

Also, I'm not against EEs or remasters either. I think they are a great way to keep a classic game relevant for modern systems. It just seems that Beamdog doesn't have a good reputation when it comes to doing them. Too many reports of bugs and additions that aren't fixes or audio/video enhancements.
low rated
Not the ugly characters outlines again, hope it can be turned off. Beamdog really excels at making their enhance games looks partially worse than the originals.

Also what's going on here with all the downvoting?
Will the GOG version get achievements as well?
low rated
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/29/planescape-torment-enhanced-edition-review/

Interesting summary of the Enhanced Edition.
Surprised me that they like it in general as RPS can be a bit on the cynical side.
low rated
Doc0075: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/29/planescape-torment-enhanced-edition-review/

Interesting summary of the Enhanced Edition.
Surprised me that they like it in general as RPS can be a bit on the cynical side.
Good, I am glad they liked it.
It really might be a well done EE of the original game.
So are the unusual amounts of low- and high-rated posts (on the first few pages, at least) likely the result of a script?
low rated
yasw: Will the GOG version get achievements as well?
https://www.beamdog.com/planescape_faq mentions only Steam achievements.