It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Andy_Panthro: Check it out, and let me know what you think!
(If anyone has the previous version (1.2) the new version is 1.5; It's a standard 16x16 texture pack, and works on the latest minecraft version 1.2_02)
I tried to get the texture pack working but it won't load into minecraft. Not sure if its something I'm doing wrong or not. I downloaded your pack and unzipped all the files. Then took a copy of the minecraft.jar file and put that into the extra textures folder in a ultima sub folder along with all the ultima files you created. I then added all the ultima files to that minecraft.jar file and replaced any of the old files.

When I then go to load it up in minecraft I get the error, Failed to load main-class manifest attribute from C:\users\Ralackk\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar
Ralackk: I tried to get the texture pack working but it won't load into minecraft. Not sure if its something I'm doing wrong or not. I downloaded your pack and unzipped all the files. Then took a copy of the minecraft.jar file and put that into the extra textures folder in a ultima sub folder along with all the ultima files you created. I then added all the ultima files to that minecraft.jar file and replaced any of the old files.

When I then go to load it up in minecraft I get the error, Failed to load main-class manifest attribute from C:\users\Ralackk\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar
No need to do anything with minecraft.jar, just place the zip with the texture pack in the \AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks\. Then load the texture pack through the menu in MC. As long as the texture pack is 16x16, no other manipulations are required [like Xau's patcher]. Just ensure that the zip file has no texture pack root folder, as in, terrain.png is in the zips root.

[edit]
Just checked, there's no extra folder in this zip. So it should work just-like-that. ;)
Post edited January 25, 2011 by Arteveld
Anyone any idea if records drop in vanilla SMP?
I read you're supposed to get a skeleton to kill a creeper, so far I haven't gotten a record.
Arteveld: No need to do anything with minecraft.jar, just place the zip with the texture pack in the \AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks\. Then load the texture pack through the menu in MC. As long as the texture pack is 16x16, no other manipulations are required [like Xau's patcher]. Just ensure that the zip file has no texture pack root folder, as in, terrain.png is in the zips root.
Thanks that worked. I must have been trying to do it an older way as I got how to do it from PC gamer.
Ralackk: Thanks that worked. I must have been trying to do it an older way as I got how to do it from PC gamer.
No problemo, just remember, any bigger textures, 32x32 and larger [like those 2048x2048 monsters] require Xau's Patcher. Mods are great, check them out someday.;)

Smannesman: Anyone any idea if records drop in vanilla SMP?
I read you're supposed to get a skeleton to kill a creeper, so far I haven't gotten a record.
Check this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=26839
Personally, i don't think they're worth the hunting. One is really annoying, and the other is, well, like the other C418 stuff.
Post edited January 25, 2011 by Arteveld
Note that the jukebox isn't synchronised in SMP yet--if you start playing a record no-one else will hear it. If you can manage to get one you might as well, but I wouldn't try too hard for this and other reasons.

As in single player there's a chance of finding records in dungeons. This is a good way of acquiring them since dungeons are something you want to seek out anyway to make drowning traps and such for resources.
Thanks for the replies, unfortunately it's always a bit sketchy what you can and can't do in SMP.
And you can use dungeons for traps, but it's not really worth it since you just get the one resource.
It took forever, but I built a mobfarm and all I have to do is stand at the dropoff point for a while to get tons of resouces.
Not as much fun, but easier.
Smannesman: And you can use dungeons for traps, but it's not really worth it since you just get the one resource.
Skeletons now provide two resources, bones and arrows. Possessing effectively unlimited quantities of both makes the game significantly easier.
Yahtzee reviews Minecraft!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2680-Minecraft
... he was barely criticizing anything, this has to be his most positive review ever... incredible :D
Apparently portal travel still isn't 100% reliable. The portal which should have sent me to my base instead spat me out in the woods a mile away. >:(

Edit: Fixed it. Detonated TNT beside the portal in the woods to shut it down, then blocked up the inside with cobblestone. Now the portal in the Nether goes back to my base, like it's supposed to. :)
Post edited January 26, 2011 by ZamFear
Bugger keeps blacking out on me. Like after 5 mins every time. It was fine for ages now it's back to doing this again. Anyone know how to resolve it? Or is it just another botched update?
ZamFear: Edit: Fixed it. Detonated TNT beside the portal in the woods to shut it down, then blocked up the inside with cobblestone. Now the portal in the Nether goes back to my base, like it's supposed to. :)
For future reference note that you can destroy obsidian without needing diamond tools. It will take a very long time and you won't get the block back, but it's cheaper and easier than TNT.
Arkose: For future reference note that you can destroy obsidian without needing diamond tools. It will take a very long time and you won't get the block back, but it's cheaper and easier than TNT.
I wasn't trying to totally dismantle it. I thought if I did that, it might just reappear. The explosion was just to deactivate the portal, so I could brick up the inside.
Arkose: For future reference note that you can destroy obsidian without needing diamond tools. It will take a very long time and you won't get the block back, but it's cheaper and easier than TNT.
You can break obsidian with non-diamond tools? Has this been a feature all along? I always assumed you can only break obsidian with diamond picks.
ZamFear: I wasn't trying to totally dismantle it. I thought if I did that, it might just reappear. The explosion was just to deactivate the portal, so I could brick up the inside.
When all you have is a hammer... You're probably having less fun than if you have TNT.