It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GamezRanker: Now I wonder: should we town clear Micro or make them the next lynch or what?

I mean i'm currently leaning more towards Micro being town, but the whole thing(micro's claim and vote for Yogs, the back forth stuff between Yogs and Micro, etc) could all be an act between a klever scum team as well.
I don't believe "bus your partner in a two-team scumteam on D2, unprompted" is a very clever scum tactic. Or a scum tactic in the first place. So I'm effectively Town-clearing Micro. In fact I already done that once yogsloth did the self-hammer thing.

Which makes me wonder now. Why did he self-hammer? Whose vote was he depriving?

GamezRanker: Bookwyrm was WHAT?!?

Musing/wondering to all: does that mean he had a role other than psychoanalyst(I forget atm if he claimed that role previously), or what?
There is a modifier that obscures and hides results on death. Brutal.
JoeSapphire: brutal - action kills target and prevents role from being announced in game
Could be your remaining scum is just that, which will make things just a little bit harder for us.

GamezRanker: Btw: my result for N2's analysis of Micro was "Failure", the one for Lift on N1 was "No Result".
Dunno if Joe was just using new words each time he sent me a PM or if it means anything, though.
I'd say the keywords being used are relevant, so if we want to catch scum in a lie, it's best to start with how these results work.
low rated
PookaMustard: I don't believe "bus your partner in a two-team scumteam on D2, unprompted" is a very clever scum tactic. Or a scum tactic in the first place. So I'm effectively Town-clearing Micro. In fact I already done that once yogsloth did the self-hammer thing.
Dunno.....maybe that's what they wanted(I mean if Micro is scum)? Also it might be something Yogs would get up to. Or maybe scum want to make Micro an easy lynch wagon so they can try to win?

Dunno.....but anyhoo: I am currently leaning Micro a bit more town than scum.

PookaMustard: Which makes me wonder now. Why did he self-hammer? Whose vote was he depriving?
Idea/theory: started Micro's wagon on D2, and others were thinking of going that way as well.....maybe Yogs was more so trying to keep me/others from removing a possible scum!Micro from the game by drawing our votes to him instead(a sort of sacrificial lamb, so to speak)?

PookaMustard: I'd say the keywords being used are relevant, so if we want to catch scum in a lie, it's best to start with how these results work.
I think all players who got results PMs should list if who they were for, and if they got a "no result" or "failure/failed" result....then we can compare them.

=-=-=-=-=

Again, my own results:

N1 - Lift - "No result"
N2 - Micro - "Failure"

=-=-=-=-=
Microfish_1: if he is conditional, than my speculation comes into play and it is harder to know he is guilty. I still thought he was based on his arguments not ringing true and other reasons that are kinda obscure off the top of my head but i believe i asnwered in post
if he is conditional town and got anything from wyrm, wyrm is ded
Ok, I think I understand what you mean.

When you said:
Microfish_1: Assuming I'm imaginative, yogs saying he was not scum and did not get the target and is not conditional means he would, by default, be of Mason but he never said that.
You meant he didn't say any of that? It looked to me like you were saying he never claimed mason and that he really said all of the preceding stuff ("he was not scum and did not get the target and is not conditional"). I wanted you to point me to him saying that.

Also go to sleep!

GamezRanker: Now I wonder: should we town clear Micro or make them the next lynch or what?

I mean i'm currently leaning more towards Micro being town, but the whole thing(micro's claim and vote for Yogs, the back forth stuff between Yogs and Micro, etc) could all be an act between a klever scum team as well.
Could be. Would be spectacularly bold to do it unprompted... although Yogs is exactly the sort of scum player who might propose that kind of mutually exclusive gambit.

GamezRanker: Btw: my result for N2's analysis of Micro was "Failure", the one for Lift on N1 was "No Result".
Dunno if Joe was just using new words each time he sent me a PM or if it means anything, though.
Yes, I noticed something similar. I wonder if it's to do with the reason for the failure. Does "no result" mean there are no modifiers?

Neither of my 'results' were the same as you have written. Are you paraphrasing those at all?
So we don't even get a flip this time? Not nice.

About town clearing Micro: nah. Not 100% Town cleared. It is possible that Yogs and Micro staged this standoff. But by doing so, they would have conciously given Town a sure correct lynch instead of trying for another mislynch and getting us to LYLO. Sure, the surviving player of such a standoff would have good town cred, but still it is risky and not necessary play. So, at least for today, I would rate micro as leaning Town.

But what is strange is that Micro is still alive. If he really is Town, scum decided to let the only Town investigator live who got a result so far. And instead they killed the rather scummy bookwyrm. Which is rather helpful of them. So maybe micro is scum after all? It is, at least, a possibility that we shouldn't disregard.

About investigations: N1 I got a "Failure". N2 I didn't try to get a read, just in case someone else with the modifier 'action falls off someone else if your faction acts' wanted to investigate.
Lifthrasil: About investigations: N1 I got a "Failure". N2 I didn't try to get a read, just in case someone else with the modifier 'action falls off someone else if your faction acts' wanted to investigate.
Did you get the word "failure" or are you just paraphrasing it to that?
low rated
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Also go to sleep!
*GR sees ettac yelling at Micro to go to sleep while the bizarro sun is still in the sky*
"But it's day time, fren!" GR shouts back to him.....then he thinks a bit and adds "Oh wait, maybe in this dimension we should be sleeping during the day? Ok then"

ettac orrazib si eman ym: Could be. Would be spectacularly bold to do it unprompted... although Yogs is exactly the sort of scum player who might propose that kind of mutually exclusive gambit.
Well we have some breathing room since we got one scum....we could always try for Micro, or go for someone else. What to do....

......what do you think?

ettac orrazib si eman ym: Yes, I noticed something similar. I wonder if it's to do with the reason for the failure. Does "no result" mean there are no modifiers?

Neither of my 'results' were the same as you have written. Are you paraphrasing those at all?
The results were:
N1 - Lift - NO RESULT
N2 - Micro - FAILURE

The only bits from my PM are the words "No Result" and "Failure"....the rest is just my formatting/etc of the results into a chart/table.

The above said, it could just be Joe's way of writing the results as he feels or it could mean something.....hard to tell, but worth talking about imo, as it might help us find scum somehow.
yeah, i only a have a couple minutes so i promise to get to Catte's query later.
excluding the flavour which was the same both N1 & N2

N1, i got
YOGSLOTH IS NETWORKED CONDITIONALLY MURDEROUS.
N2 I tried bookwyrm because
a) he was parroting my thinking/saying what i was thinking better than i could/he got me, iykwim.
b) he was logical
c) I was concerned about being tunneled on
my results were,
Didn't work.
I wish I had gone for Lift or GR as they seem scummiest off the tip of my head/tongue of everyone left.

I expected to be the NK, and so i didn't put a ton of thought into my Night Action choice, more's the pity.

I would never have dared, in a 2 player scum game, to risk 1/2 of the team--blasting a seemingly-near-universally-read town player into oblivion--to town-read the guy who already looked scummy. Also, coming literally out of the gates on D2 going "oh, look everyone, this guy--my teammate no less--looks scum and nothing you can say or do can convince me otherwise" is very bad play for scum. Not to mention my very next post going "He's da scummzies and here's the proof of my investigation, vote him." is like...spectacularly bad.
No other town has mentioned a successful result. Roleclaiming unprompted to get my teammate yeeted--again upprompted--is what i would consider idiotic behavior in a game where i would like to think I could have very easily avoided being the D2 lunch. I think yogs would have avoided D2 lunch if I hadn't investigated him.

In the game where i was with Catte, I was on tenterhooks all the time and scared stiff. He probably recalls that, Y'all can go look it up. i would have hated to be by myself, because i'm sure i would have flubbed it. (No offense intended, FlubBucket!)

I find lift somewhat scummy because somehow he thought Bookwyrm was scummy. I attacked Yogs for saying Book was scummy without reasons that i saw.
I thought everyone was town-reading Bookwyrm myself. YVVM.

Microfish_1: if he is conditional, than my speculation comes into play and it is harder to know he is guilty. I still thought he was based on his arguments not ringing true and other reasons that are kinda obscure off the top of my head but i believe i asnwered in post
if he is conditional town and got anything from wyrm, wyrm is ded
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Ok, I think I understand what you mean.

When you said:
Microfish_1: Assuming I'm imaginative, yogs saying he was not scum and did not get the target and is not conditional means he would, by default, be of Mason but he never said that.
ettac orrazib si eman ym: You meant he didn't say any of that? It looked to me like you were saying he never claimed mason and that he really said all of the preceding stuff ("he was not scum and did not get the target and is not conditional"). I wanted you to point me to him saying that.

Also go to sleep!

ettac orrazib si eman ym: Could be. Would be spectacularly bold to do it unprompted... although Yogs is exactly the sort of scum player who might propose that kind of mutually exclusive gambit.

ettac orrazib si eman ym: Yes, I noticed something similar. I wonder if it's to do with the reason for the failure. Does "no result" mean there are no modifiers?

@498 I was typing on a phone and autocorrect at stuff, but i'm getting a headache trying to read what i wrote so my apologies.
yogsloth: I can assure you I do not have any other chat link, and my action does not kill my target, as Mr. Wyrm is still alive
I read as "not mason" & "did not get the target", which was backed by
yogsloth: I got no result

I contemplating just holstering entirely after the dogmaus flip and not sending in any action, but in the end decided a chance at something is better than guaranteed nothing

And then just went “yeah, figures, of course”
Then,
yogsloth: To be clear, I am not a mason. I am a psychoanalyst, full stop. That's all it says. I do not have any modifiers that have been expressed to me.
I asked "how could this answer have been anything other than correct", and then Yogs was all
yogsloth: So either microfish is mafia intentionally blowing his cover just to get me yeeted, or he’s town and he’s this:
JoeSapphire: imaginative - receives correct result among randomly selected results
yogsloth: However if it’s the latter and the “randomly” selected results are access to chat and action kills target – both of which would have to be mafia....
So I started imagining, "what if I'm wrong and this isn't scum? How could I--can I--possibly be wrong?

One more thing:
Yogs rightly said that none of us know our own modifiers. How could I, as scum, know Yogs' multiplier well enough to mangle it verbatim? Would scum, on N1, investigate themselves?I That seems far-fetched for me, but idk. YMMV

Does that answer your question ?

Also, apologies for post 492. I left
Microfish_1: but i believe i asnwered in post
in as a placeholder, forgot I had it, and made that a whole new paragraph without deleting the first phrase.

More thoughts later, if I have any more thoughts today. My braincells are bouncing around giving me a headache.
low rated
(@OP: No votes in this post)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Microfish_1: N2 I tried bookwyrm....
Just wanted to say "how interesting that you claim to have analyzed the same player who was the N2 NK"

Microfish_1: my results were,

Didn't work.
Wait, are you paraphrasing? Was it actually either No Result or Failure?
That said, if your result did use those exact words that doesn't necessarily mean anything....still, it gives me a bit of pause.

Microfish_1: I wish I had gone for Lift or GR as they seem scummiest off the tip of my head/tongue of everyone left.
Wait, I seem among the scummiest to you currently? Me? The same guy who put Yog at L-1 on D2?

So are you suggesting I am scum and the scum team's master plan was for me to try and win the game all by myself after Yog had hammered themselves?

Full disclosure: I tried something similar when scum with Pooka in a prior game....I advised Pooka to self hammer. It didn't go very well, as one might expect.

Microfish_1: One more thing:
Yogs rightly said that none of us know our own modifiers. How could I, as scum, know Yogs' multiplier well enough to mangle it verbatim? Would scum, on N1, investigate themselves?I
Spitballing here: if scum have their own hidden modifiers, they might investigate themselves to find out such modifiers.
GamezRanker: .
3. I saw you as scummy off the top of my head fresh off catching up on the thread because you were doubting me, lol. :D
I'm spitballing here because most of my leads evaporated, other than maybe Lift. He's towny enough sometimes to be really confusing.
Catte is lurky enough to remind me of his scum game, (which would explain the no vote) but he also sometimes lurks as town.
Pooka I want to see more of.
GR is on-again, off-again, but there is a distinct possibility of scum jumping on the wagon to avoid going down with the ship by voting for the other guy or something. Good catch on the vote thing tho; I'd forgotten vote order etc

Mixed metaphors and yeah, i'm confused about everyone here.

2. DIRECT QUOTE <-- that.

1. Sad, and i'm kicking myself but i expected to be the NK.

@lift @catte why didn't you vote EOD2?
low rated
Microfish_1: 3. I saw you as scummy off the top of my head fresh off catching up on the thread because you were doubting me, lol. :D
(underlining mine)
Well yeah....since you're not proven town, of course i'm going to suspect you along with everyone else not proven town(besides myself, that is, for obvious reasons).

Microfish_1: GR is on-again, off-again, but there is a distinct possibility of scum jumping on the wagon to avoid going down with the ship by voting for the other guy or something.
If I had been scum with Yog, I would've done the opposite(i.e. let myself be the lunch/hammer on my own wagon and asked Yogs to be the L-1 vote)......I wouldn't have tried to carry the scum game by my lonesome.....not after last time I tried such a thing(the aforementioned game where I was scum with Pooka).

(of course, since i'm not proven town, take the above with the usual grains of sodium chloride :))

=-=-=-=

Aside: do the other players know the game is active? :\ There haven't been many posts since the new "day" started.

=-=-=-=
Lifthrasil: About investigations: N1 I got a "Failure". N2 I didn't try to get a read, just in case someone else with the modifier 'action falls off someone else if your faction acts' wanted to investigate.
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Did you get the word "failure" or are you just paraphrasing it to that?
Are we allowed to discuss exact PM wording now? Well, GR did without negative consequence, so yes, I got the word Failure.

Microfish_1: I wish I had gone for Lift or GR as they seem scummiest off the tip of my head/tongue of everyone left.
Really? Me, I understand. I am frequently seen as scummy, especially when I'm Town. And I attacked and suspected you quite strongly. So some counter suspicion is to be expected. But GR should be quite cleared after his interaction with Dogmaus at the end of D1. Check that and see for yourself.

Microfish_1: 3. I saw you as scummy off the top of my head fresh off catching up on the thread because you were doubting me, lol. :D
Oh, so it was a counter-suspicion as well. You know that's a very bad reason to suspect someone. Beginners often do that, suspecting others because they themselves are suspected by those others. But you're no beginner.

Microfish_1: I thought everyone was town-reading Bookwyrm myself. YVVM.
Your vileage vay Mary?

Microfish_1: One more thing:
Yogs rightly said that none of us know our own modifiers. How could I, as scum, know Yogs' multiplier well enough to mangle it verbatim? Would scum, on N1, investigate themselves?I
No, on N0. In Game 1 I got a N0 result on Pooka. Which led to the whole disaster...

But remind me: did you get the conditions under which Yogs would fail? Or did you only get the word 'conditional'?

Microfish_1: @lift @catte why didn't you vote EOD2?
I explained that Yesterday. First I was on the fence between you two and then, before hammering Yogs, I asked whether we needed more time. But before that discussion came to a conclusion yogs hammered himself. So I couldn't hammer him anymore and the discussion whether to cut the Day short or whether to keep talking a bit was moot.

So, what's left. I am quite sure that GR is Town. I had Catte as leaning Town Yesterday, but he seems curiously absent. Only one short question after exact wording and no other contribution. Pooka is neutral and Micro seems to be rather cleared by the 'getting Yogs lynched' thing. But after what I read from him so far I am reluctant to actually Town-clear him.

We are probably at 4 vs. 1 now. If we mislynch Today, we'll be at Lylo Tomorrow. I suggest we treat Micro as towny for Today. Which leaves us with two rather certain Town (for Today), and our lynch pool is reduced to Pooka, Catte and me.

@Pooka: one thing isn't clear to me:
PookaMustard: You know, I'm not really buying it. From my experience, self-hammering is a Mafia thing to do. I take it you're also Townclearing Microfish in the process?
This reads to me as if you were suspecting Yogs of intending to Town-clear Micro.

PookaMustard: So I'm effectively Town-clearing Micro. In fact I already done that once yogsloth did the self-hammer thing.
And here you follow exactly that suspected intent. Why? At that point Yogs was proven scum.

PookaMustard: Which makes me wonder now. Why did he self-hammer? Whose vote was he depriving?
This, however, is easy to answer: he deprieved Catte and me of the chance to hammer him. And Pooka, of course, who could have switched from GR. Also, Yogs cut the Day short. Either he didn't want to grant Town the continued discussion or he was just fed up. Or both.
low rated
Lifthrasil: Oh, so it was a counter-suspicion as well. You know that's a very bad reason to suspect someone. Beginners often do that, suspecting others because they themselves are suspected by those others. But you're no beginner.
Speaking of Micro...i'd like to know what you think of Micro's claimed analysis of the N2 NK subject Bookwyrm in general and also re: the following:

They claim(Post 502) to have gotten the result "Didn't work", which doesn't match the wording others(you/myself/etc) have gotten in our PMs...and as per their Post 504 those are the exact words they claim to have gotten in their PM. What do you think of this?

Why would they analyze Bookwyrm for N2, if they were seemingly leaning them town(Post 502: "I thought everyone was town-reading Bookwyrm myself. YVVM."), and not someone else they felt to be more scummy/suspect?

Lifthrasil: I had Catte as leaning Town Yesterday, but he seems curiously absent.
I've seen Cattte do such as both factions in prior games....so for me it's somewhat NAI.

Lifthrasil: Pooka is neutral and Micro seems to be rather cleared by the 'getting Yogs lynched' thing. But after what I read from him so far I am reluctant to actually Town-clear him.

We are probably at 4 vs. 1 now. If we mislynch Today, we'll be at Lylo Tomorrow. I suggest we treat Micro as towny for Today. Which leaves us with two rather certain Town (for Today), and our lynch pool is reduced to Pooka, Catte and me.
My take? Maybe it's me being emboldened by finally catching a scum, but I say we don't remove Micro from the list of voting possibilities and maybe even think about voting them for D3. Just a thought.

As for the other choices.....after Catte's counter against Dogmaus on D1 I lean them likely more town than scum, so I don't feel like voting them atm for D3, and I honestly don't think it too likely that you'd re-roll scum after the restart. Dunno about Pooka atm, but would probably be willing to vote them if need be.
GR takes a few steps towards Bookwyrm's tombstone, apparently intending to muse on all things he had said while alive. But while he's moving over he notices that one of the nearby graves is open and the penguin tyranosaur is in there. He jumps out of the hole and simply walks away.

0 - GamezRanker -
0 - Microfish_1 -
0 - PookaMustard -
0 - ettac orrazib si eman ym -
0 - Lifthrasil -
0 - No-Lunch -

Not Voting - ettac orrazib si eman ym, Lifthrasil, PookaMustard, Microfish_1, GamezRanker,

No one is close to elimination. It takes 3 votes to do a proper lynch.

"I think that thing is following you, Joe" points Micro.
"That is fine. As long as he doesn't start their species' mating dance, we're all okay." tranquilizes him Joe.
So ded I fogot a baa poste
Post edited November 22, 2021 by Bookwyrm627
Lifthrasil: @Pooka: one thing isn't clear to me:
This reads to me as if you were suspecting Yogs of intending to Town-clear Micro.

And here you follow exactly that suspected intent. Why? At that point Yogs was proven scum.
Easy. Self-hammering is a scum thing to do, you've seen how it went in all the previous games. By self-hammering, well he could've saved himself the effort of going down with "I'm Town but I can't play guiz" since his actions effectively said "Look At Me I'm So Scum!". And actions speak louder than words, yes?

And if you take into account that there's literally no reason for a scum Microfish to turn on his scumbuddy and begin the Day by literally bussing him, it becomes clear that he more or less said "oh and BTW Micro is Town." That's how I read it.

Another thing about the bus the scumbuddy theory: if a [NETWORKED BRUTAL] Microfish was bussing, then that's very probably going to be based on a mutual agreement between him and yogsloth, that Microfish can carry the game by himself to the finish line. Or in other words, they have to trust Microfish's abilities. I don't believe for a second that yogsloth would ever accept this idea. It's too "high insanity, uncertain reward" to win the game with. Not even Microfish would swallow this idea wholesale, knowing his playstyle.

Lifthrasil: This, however, is easy to answer: he deprieved Catte and me of the chance to hammer him. And Pooka, of course, who could have switched from GR. Also, Yogs cut the Day short. Either he didn't want to grant Town the continued discussion or he was just fed up. Or both.
Or could it be that either of you are scum and he wanted to spare you the trouble? Since we're on that topic: if I'm locking Micro as Town, then that means our last scum is one of you (Lifthrasil), GamezRanker, and Catte. Who of you three shouldn't be too hard to suss out, hopefully.