It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: You're neither however, so don't do backseat modding.
I don't need to be a mod to tell you to stop stirring the pot so we can get this thing resolved and move on with actual scumhunting as quickly as possible. I really don't want to end up policy lynching dogmaus on misunderstandings.

Let me see how far I can get to understanding her point of view first.
*stir* *stir*
PookaMustard: Let me see how far I can get to understanding her point of view first.
Bragging rights: dogmaus and pooka

It's probably perfectly innocent, but I can totally see poor Pooka being torn between bussing and trying to save the situation.
To answer better to ZFR, after having made a joke post
vote JoeSapphire
he has cast a vote where my name is wrong, making it unclear if it was another joke. So I pointed that out.
Then ZFR claims I have said that he is scum because he has mispelled my name.
How does he make any sense? Everything he says is absurd or made up. If Catte says they haven't read what we have written, why do they say ZFR makes sense?
Also, he is using personal attacks and lies to distract you all from his lies. Of course I have to find that suspicious. And 2 of my suspects joining votes to take me out in the first night doesn't look good.
Be nice to each other please.

It is a game of accusation and deceit, so it's sometimes hard for me to judge how people are feeling and where to intervene.

But I don't want anybody to be having bad feeling because of this game, and it's everybody's responsibilty to avoid that.

Please, anybody, everybody, let me know by pm if you're not happy or you want me to do something or you just want to talk.

And be nice to each other.
Dogmaus: To answer better to ZFR, after having made a joke post
1. vote JoeSapphire
2. he has cast a vote where my name is wrong, making it unclear if it was another joke. So I pointed that out.
3. Then ZFR claims I have said that he is scum because he has mispelled my name.
4. How does he make any sense? Everything he says is absurd or made up. If Catte says they haven't read what we have written, why do they say ZFR makes sense?
5. Also, he is using personal attacks and lies to distract you all from his lies. Of course I have to find that suspicious. And 2 of my suspects joining votes to take me out in the first night doesn't look good.
OK cool, let's see

So this is post 1.
ZFR: Noooooooo....

What happened to your avatar?

Vote JoeSapphire
And post 2.
ZFR: Sweet, but I hope it wont mean we'll do another Pooka game and start outguessing the mod and how much of the original setup (tm) is used.

Did you not get what happened? The game could not have just "moved on" because GR read Lift's post already. And Lift pointed out he was scum before new roles were sent so it's not at all alignement indicative of new roles.

I assume Joe rolled for scum again. And in case an ex-PR got scum, that PR was changed so that scum don't have knowledge of its exsistance. But as I said, I don't want to outguess the mod so I'll just work off the assumption this is a new game with freshly rolled scum. Maybe even Pooka and Lift again if random.org has a sense of humour.

Vote dogmause
Both of his posts are not just several posts apart but also in TWO SEPARATE GAMES. Post 7 was before Lift's grand reveal and post 52 after the reality reboot of the game. So no, they're not really part of the same game.

Again, I have to stress out: everything before post 43 belongs to another different game.

Now here's the other thing, Dogmaus: he didn't bold his JoeSapphire. Even if he did, it wouldn't have worked because "JoeSapphire" is not a player of this game. But when he voted like thus: vote dogmause, he bolded his vote. Any mod could reasonably say "Okay he meant dogmaus" and assign ZFR's vote to you. It's not like he voted a mousedog or a catdog or anything of the sort, which would have been a joke.

Moving on.

Post 3. is where things fall apart. I just quickly skimmed through ZFR's posts. There's no post of his that claims you said he was scum. If you can quote this post for us all to see, that would be really good, because I can't find it.

Post 4.

ettac orrazib si eman ym: I haven't bothered to read ZFR vs dogmaus in depth, but in the original disagreement I felt like ZFR was the one making sense. Not sure if any positions have actually changed or if I just have a page worth of back and forth to read only to end up in the same place.
He's been talking about the original disagreement, the first few posts between the both of you. Based on these he concluded that ZFR is making more sense than you. Not a problem here, not everyone has to read the detailed scrollback to hell and back.

Post 5.
As much as I find his remarks unnecessary, he is right. Much worse has been said in Mafia games. The reason I took a stand is so I could reduce the noise so I can figure out what's going from your POV and connect the dots, hopefully resolving this before it snowballs.

What you need to do now is:
- Answer my question about what you would have done as Lift
- Find and quote Post 3.
PookaMustard: Let me see how far I can get to understanding her point of view first.
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Bragging rights: dogmaus and pooka
Bragging rights, dogmaus and Bookwrym.
Dogmaus: If Catte says they haven't read what we have written, why do they say ZFR makes sense?
What I said (or at least how I intended it) was that of the posts I have read, I found myself agreeing with ZFR. I did specifically mention the original disagreement, implying that I had read that part.
low rated
yogsloth: FYI we really don't say the "L-word" anymore
To be more accurate, some don't use said terms anymore.
yogsloth: lol @ the idea of yeeting Lift because he rolled mafia last time and didn't know it, how does that make any sense, just point at him and laugh and move on like a decent human person
While still keeping an eye on them for tells....right? Right? o.0
low rated
JoeSapphire: Be nice to each other please.

Well, which is it? ;)
Also an even more important question, do we have to be nice to ourselves? o.0

=-=-=-=-=

As for me: still don't know who to vote for
Might think a bit on it overnight(more likely i'll forget and say the same thing tomorrow).
JoeSapphire: Be nice to each other please.

It is a game of accusation and deceit, so it's sometimes hard for me to judge how people are feeling and where to intervene.

But I don't want anybody to be having bad feeling because of this game, and it's everybody's responsibilty to avoid that.

Please, anybody, everybody, let me know by pm if you're not happy or you want me to do something or you just want to talk.

for me all is cool and I'm having fun! :)
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Bragging rights: dogmaus and pooka
ZFR: Bragging rights, dogmaus and Bookwrym.
Swing and a miss. First blush, I think you're 0 for 2 with this set of bragging rights; while I don't agree with her, I'm getting that town vibe from dogmouseus.

On another note, I've got it narrowed down to among catte, micro, Pooka, and Lift. Possibly GR. Just lynch our way through that batch and we should win this thing, easy-peasy.

Hrm. Bragging rights: Catte and GR. Lurking hard.
GamezRanker: And now you have 24 hours(as of the current time), as you made a post :)

Follow-up question: if there are, do they wear ties?

What about everyone else that did the same? ;D

=-=-=-=

(next up is Pooka, and then i'm more or less done for awhile)
Yogsloth mentioned roles. This could be an attempt to play Big Brain Gamez, and so I voted him.

PookaMustard: I don't care who we lunch as long as we can say, "Hey, you people in the observer thread, hey JoeSapphire, hey everyone else, GOG Mafia has finally produced a D1 lunch." Shouldn't be too hard me thinks.

I don't know, other than there was no good reason for him to tell everyone that. I can't help but feel there's something off about the statement, see.
I mean we could, but what's the fun in knowing *literally anything* on D2?

Yeah. I feel your pain. Only, are you scum as you say this? Don't bother answering *now*, I won't believe you anyway. how goes the QT backup job?
PookaMustard: everything before post 43 belongs to another different game
I feel that the Uber-Mod-Daddy-Figure (the Gogfather himself) ought perhaps to add that as a note in his Index (Why doesn't he have an Outdex, too?) of games.

Er, should this now be game 75? A 2-games-for-the-price-of-1 deal?

+++++++

Gonna have no internet much of tomorrow; God willing we will actually have internet again in less than 24 hours but that all depends on the repair technician being competent and things not going wrong. Supposedly I might have time in the early AM (I mean, before decent people are awake, and by that i mean before 10 AM my time) to post, but no promises. (No, I'm not a vampire, even if I do stay up until dawn some/many days!)
PookaMustard: I don't care who we lunch as long as we can say, "Hey, you people in the observer thread, hey JoeSapphire, hey everyone else, GOG Mafia has finally produced a D1 lunch." Shouldn't be too hard me thinks.

I don't know, other than there was no good reason for him to tell everyone that. I can't help but feel there's something off about the statement, see.
Microfish_1: I mean we could, but what's the fun in knowing *literally anything* on D2?
Did you just censor the word lynch

Microfish_1: Yeah. I feel your pain. Only, are you scum as you say this? Don't bother answering *now*, I won't believe you anyway. how goes the QT backup job?
No, my alignment is "I'm horny for D1 lynches/lunches." Nothing gets me in the mood like starting D2 with purpose!!

It's almost finished btw.

+++++++

Microfish_1: God willing
I literally only ever see this phrase and think "oh yeah, so basically never :P"
PookaMustard: snip
yes

I prefer to start my day with a bagel, or rice cereal. But yes, I want to *know* something on D2.

Great news!
Has anyone tried Forumotion.com or FreeForums.org
I think (without trying it) that xoyondo.com might be a decent alternative.
I'll copy/paste this to the master thread.