It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

blotunga: Yupp it was... maybe I should dust it off some-day. I wish that days would have 48 hours.
It was such an amazing game back in the day, I still chuckle thinking back on that spousal abuse scene.
Yes that makes me a terrible person.
Metro Last Light is 50% Off on GG. around 20k BLC acrosss the usual regions
€15/$20
The DLC is not discounted

Still pondering if the Testament of Sherlock Holmes is worth $6?
Post edited October 16, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: Still pondering if the Testament of Sherlock Holmes is worth $6?
I just started playing that about 4 hours ago and am finding it enjoyable. The graphics engine isn't cutting edge but it's decent, and you can cycle through 3 modes of UI - 1st person, 3rd person, and point-n-click. I like how they did that making it appeal to all 3 genres in a way that is fitting. Sometimes you can spot a clue in one of the other modes that wasn't as apparent in the mode you're currently in so it has some practical value aside from preference as well.

I haven't gotten too far in it yet, just finished investigating the second crime scene and now poring over the evidence back at Sherlock's flat. For myself at least I'm satisfied the extra few bucks for this title was worth it although YMMV.
dyscode: Metro Last Light is 50% Off on GG. around 20k BLC acrosss the usual regions
€15/$20

I guess so... The reviews seem to be good. But I wasnt really 100% pleased by any S.H. Adventure yet... Watch some lets plays! I think for point and click games you can get a good impression.

Again to DmC4 vs Dust: Elisian -> how good are there stories?
dyscode: Metro Last Light is 50% Off on GG. around 20k BLC acrosss the usual regions
€15/$20

merow: I guess so... The reviews seem to be good. But I wasnt really 100% pleased by any S.H. Adventure yet... Watch some lets plays! I think for point and click games you can get a good impression.

Again to DmC4 vs Dust: Elisian -> how good are there stories?
DMC is nothing special at all. It's basically a backtracking fiesta,you will use Dante only on some levels, and the story is pretty meh.
It's not "good", but it's not bad (if you played other DMC, it's something like that).
Otherwise Dust is a nice game with stunning visuals, so I will prefer this one (I just grabbed it thanks to Steam wallet credit, done by selling cards :P).
dyscode:
merow: Again to DmC4 vs Dust: Elisian -> how good are there stories?
I haven't played DmC4, but I love Dust. The artwork is fantastic, the atmosphere is great, the controls are really tight, and the story is pretty well written and really charming. It's really fun to play.
The Bloodbath Bundle
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/Bloodbath-Bundle/

Clutch - Steam
NecrovisioN - Steam
NecrovisioN: Lost Company - Steam
The Void - Steam
99 Levels to Hell - Desura
Zombie Bowl-o-Rama - Steam - this is really good game, had a lot of fun with it
Thanks a lot guys!
triock: The Bloodbath Bundle
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/Bloodbath-Bundle/

Clutch - Steam
NecrovisioN - Steam
NecrovisioN: Lost Company - Steam
The Void - Steam
99 Levels to Hell - Desura
Zombie Bowl-o-Rama - Steam - this is really good game, had a lot of fun with it
Clutch looks surprisingly good.. but I own all of the other games.
New indie royal with Cities in Motion 2, but IMO the rest is meh. 4€
dyscode: Still pondering if the Testament of Sherlock Holmes is worth $6?
mharris: I just started playing that about 4 hours ago and am finding it enjoyable. The graphics engine isn't cutting edge but it's decent, and you can cycle through 3 modes of UI - 1st person, 3rd person, and point-n-click. I like how they did that making it appeal to all 3 genres in a way that is fitting. Sometimes you can spot a clue in one of the other modes that wasn't as apparent in the mode you're currently in so it has some practical value aside from preference as well.

I haven't gotten too far in it yet, just finished investigating the second crime scene and now poring over the evidence back at Sherlock's flat. For myself at least I'm satisfied the extra few bucks for this title was worth it although YMMV.
Thanks for the feedback guys ! :)

I already have the better of the other SH games (aka that ones that aren't Hidden Object games) from Frog, but have not gotten around to try all of them, only the Cthulhu inspired one, a bit.
Post edited October 16, 2013 by dyscode
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages is on a "pay what you want" sale at IndieGameStand.com for the next fifty-eight hours, and includes a GOG, Desura, and Steam (currently Greenlighted) key.

For Steam users who aren't aware, always check the website for specials once or twice every twenty-four hours.
Post edited October 16, 2013 by yarow12
IAmSinistar: Doorways: Chapter 1 and 2 $8.99 (10% off)

Would need to research how complete these are on their own and how many more episodes are coming before I could fully recommend it, but the description sounds promising:

Doorways is an episodic survival horror game, featuring a complex story and deep atmosphere. Each chapter will challenge you with its fast-paced gameplay and breathtaking visuals and sounds, so prepare to immerse yourself in a terrifying psychological experience. You're playing as Thomas Foster, a special agent who must track down four psychopaths. Who are these people? What is this place and how did you get here? These are just some of the questions that you must answer during your journey...

This release also comes with Steam and Desura keys.
I recommend Doorways. There will be 4 chapters total, all available at Desura as well. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it does get spooky. Also, it includes scenes of torture and has Alexander from Amnesia TDD narrating.
Stronghold Collection is $4.99 (75% off) at GG. It includes Stronghold, Stronghold 2, Stronghold Crusader, Stronghold Crusader Extreme, and Stronghold Legends. It has "Other DRM", which is a pretty unhelpful descriptor, so if anyone knows what that might be in this case, please post.
IAmSinistar: Stronghold Collection is $4.99 (75% off) at GG. It includes Stronghold, Stronghold 2, Stronghold Crusader, Stronghold Crusader Extreme, and Stronghold Legends. It has "Other DRM", which is a pretty unhelpful descriptor, so if anyone knows what that might be in this case, please post.
€2.49 , a rare case ^^